Vodafone Fiber 900meg???

Associate
I've had mine since January, installation was quite easy because I have a gravel drive. 900/900, downloads 50GB games in under 10 minutes. Running cat 7 cable from route to my Mac to unlock the max speed. On Wifi most devices get around 300-400Mbps

This is a photo I took while they were laying the cable. It will be interesting when I get the drive block paved, will need to be careful.

n9TqCpQ.jpg

WOW I thought VM installers was poor that is awful job.

1. I hope they have dug down lot more then that.
2. No protection for the cable
3. Strange run you would expect them to do it straight

I suppose if you do re do the drive it would be easy to unearth the cable and then bury it properly with protection.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime

I suppose if you do re do the drive it would be easy to unearth the cable and then bury it properly with protection.
I lolled at that install as well. My area is Gigaclear and to be fair to the installers, they dug it pretty deep.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Agreed it's not very deep, but tbh I can't see there being any issues as I don't attack my driveway with a spade. I will be getting the drive redone next year and I'll take the opportunity to put it deeper under the block paving.

Soldato
OP
Any other people using vodafone 900 meg? They got an offer on the 500 meg at the moment and im tempted but got 16 months left on my virgin contract. Vodafone guy was quite confident that he could get me out of the contract with virgin.

Associate
When I saw my town listed I had hope I could get it but as always they only put it in places which already offer good enough services and cover hardly any residential

Associate
Any other people using vodafone 900 meg? They got an offer on the 500 meg at the moment and im tempted but got 16 months left on my virgin contract. Vodafone guy was quite confident that he could get me out of the contract with virgin.
I have the 500 package and i'll never go back to a BT/OR based network in the near future if things keep up like this.

I read openreach won't be rolling out FTTP for at least another year in my area and still offer poor upload speeds, so for now very very happy with this.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Omg that upload. Its insane. Makes cloud backups viable.
Most non OR providers provide synchronous speeds, this is the provider ("900mbit" package) which now covers us in Oxon;
O2HABZ1.png
I am sure that the Vodafone "900mbps" will perform exactly the same.:)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Damn impressive speeds, just too bad the wifi technology hasnt caught up yet. For most of my house, there is just no way to connect up using ethernet cables (I have a switch upstairs for my PC and some other things) but for the rest of the house its too difficult so wifi has to be used, and frankly its not good enough when im currently on 200mb from VM, but wifi downstairs struggles to go past 20

Man of Honour

Seems strange to me - when I ran low voltage cabling for garden lighting I went down a good 4-5 inches under the drive (lot of work) and ran a protective conduit. Getting it straight is actually kind of hard unless you've got proper tools though hah even with a line to follow mine was a little wobbly.

Associate
Most non OR providers provide synchronous speeds, this is the provider ("900mbit" package) which now covers us in Oxon;
O2HABZ1.png

That is insane. I would kill to have 1/10th that performance in both directions!

Oddly though, the first thing that came into my head when seeing that was the old modem dialing tones.

Associate
Seems strange to me - when I ran low voltage cabling for garden lighting I went down a good 4-5 inches under the drive (lot of work) and ran a protective conduit. Getting it straight is actually kind of hard unless you've got proper tools though hah even with a line to follow mine was a little wobbly.

Cables should always be in protective conduit it's not acceptable for ones in the ground to not be not sure how these installers get away with it (people should refuse the installs or report it)

Straight is easy rather then that angle they did could have gone straight up then across also lot tidier.

Soldato
I did the check thing on their site and I can get 55Mb for £60 up front fee and then £28 a month. Thats terrible as I currently get 200MB from Virgin for just over £30 a month

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
O2HABZ1.png

Pretty much, here are the results from my 900 Vodafone.

RpS9kQK.png

Need ethernet to achieve the max speed really. On phone it usually caps out at 350-400 depending where I am in the house.

Associate
Ordered the 500mb service, came here to see people's experience. Due for install on 13/12.
I took advantage of the current deal on, bringing the 500mb price (£38) down to same as the 100mb (£28). My partner also has a Vodaphone mobile contract which knocks another £5 off a month.
£23 a month for 500/500 is great! I'm coming from VM 200mb, which is costing me £60 (with TV). Breaking out the old Humax box instead for the TV :)
If you read the small print, by the way, the price goes up £3 after 18mth contract ends.

Associate
Well, not a great start to my service so far. Vodaphone came and installed as expected on Friday 13th, but I've not got internet yet. Maybe I should have picked a less superstitious date :p
The team installing were great and did a top job. Everything should be working fine, but something down the line hasn't been activated and I need to wait till the 17th before getting online.
It's so strange because the router is saying it's all connected fine and I can even ping any website fine. When connected to router with my phone I can get whatsapp and facebook messages, but nothing else. It's like they've got some ports blocked downstream somewhere.
Until then they've given my partner unlimited mobile data which we're hot-spotting off... That maxes out around 1mb during the day :eek:.
I should have ran my Virgin service for a week or so longer in parallel to avoid this. A suggestion to anyone doing the same as me.

Associate
Sorted the issue myself last night. I had to manually set the DNS in router settings. Rather than let it configure automatically.
I'm sure I tried that on PC over weekend, but maybe not. Could have been the issue all along, which begs the question why Vodaphone didn't tell me. Will be interesting to see if they get in touch today.

Back
Top Bottom