Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Associate
You could try running the battery down to zero so that the phone turns itself off and then charging to full,all without using it.
That should recalibrate the battery.
I've noticed mine discharges disproportionately after a full charge down to say 90% in a few minutes but after that it's lasting longer.
I'm getting more screen time per charge than before the update.....but I wasn't before I did a factory reset,that's made a big difference.
I always recommend a factory reset after an android version update

Soldato
I gave it a go draining my battery. It's now had many charges and a factory reset since i upgraded it. My phone still keeps switching g it's self off at random battery levels. Sometimes it come back on with very low % and other times it's just the same.

What's my chances of getting g it fixed if i take it back to the Vodafone shop? It's probably been 18 months since i bought it but would have to check.

If i could just swap the battery i would just by a new one. Not sure why companies do that. Surely they would make good money off the battery sales ?

Soldato
Happy days then. I think the screen is going bad also. Sure someone mentioned about laminate peeling on the screen? I've got loads of circles all around the edge of the screen. Not really bothered by it but a new battery would be great.

Soldato
Happy days then. I think the screen is going bad also. Sure someone mentioned about laminate peeling on the screen? I've got loads of circles all around the edge of the screen. Not really bothered by it but a new battery would be great.

I used my Ultra 6 whilst my LG G4 was being repaired (both bought from Voda) and it is still a great phone to use, apart from the camera not being that good. But I'm used to the G4's camera.

My LG G4 was bought in Dec 2015 from Voda and they took it in for repair with no issue. The whole repair process (trackable) from sending to getting back took just less than a week.

In fact mine went twice. First time for a new main board and then a day later went back again for another main board, camera and board and the whole frame for the phone. Makes me think that I just have the original screen and battery now...! Again that took just a week.

If you have your Ultra 6 unlocked and do not use Voda at all it might cause you an issue if they replace the main board and you need it unlocking again though.

Soldato
I used my Ultra 6 whilst my LG G4 was being repaired (both bought from Voda) and it is still a great phone to use, apart from the camera not being that good. But I'm used to the G4's camera.

My LG G4 was bought in Dec 2015 from Voda and they took it in for repair with no issue. The whole repair process (trackable) from sending to getting back took just less than a week.

In fact mine went twice. First time for a new main board and then a day later went back again for another main board, camera and board and the whole frame for the phone. Makes me think that I just have the original screen and battery now...! Again that took just a week.

If you have your Ultra 6 unlocked and do not use Voda at all it might cause you an issue if they replace the main board and you need it unlocking again though.

Yeah it's unlocked. I'm on 3. Very cheap to unlock. Just hope they don't moan about it being unlocked

Soldato
Yeah it's unlocked. I'm on 3. Very cheap to unlock. Just hope they don't moan about it being unlocked

The repair centre didn't care less about my G4 being unlocked but changing the motherboard meant a new IMEI number and a completely locked phone when it came back. The IMEI number was that new it wasn't in a database held by third party NUC suppliers, nor even Vodafone.
That's when it can get fun.

Soldato
The repair centre didn't care less about my G4 being unlocked but changing the motherboard meant a new IMEI number and a completely locked phone when it came back. The IMEI number was that new it wasn't in a database held by third party NUC suppliers, nor even Vodafone.
That's when it can get fun.

That's not good. So did you have to wait a while for the imei to be added so it could be unlocked?

Soldato
That's not good. So did you have to wait a while for the imei to be added so it could be unlocked?

No that could not happen. This is when it gets interesting, but I will not bore you with the detail.
It came back with a new main board fitted to cure the phantom key presses.
But My GiffGaff sim could not be used.
After a lot of discussion the shop sent it back off to be repaired again, although technically there wasn't a fault.
Vodafone repair connected me by phone and I explained the locked issue. The lady was very sympathetic.
It was then returned with the repairs noted in my first post but the second main board fitted was an older, but still new main board. That meant the IMEI number was an older one and I got an unlock code for around £2.60 from the bay.
I did not qualify anyway for a Vodafone NUC as I was no longer a customer.

The above sounds straightforward but dealing with Vodafone customer support was horrendous.

Soldato
Just remember that when you book it in for a repair insist that they note on the repair sheet that the phone is already Network unlocked, might help.

They can do that.

Soldato
So glad I bought mine from Amazon. They gave me a full refund when the screen started to delaminate after 13 months. Got a Moto G4 to replace it.

That is exactly how I felt when I finally got the phone back.
The hassle of dealing with Voda, even though I ended up with a good outcome, was terrible. Their online chat or telephone support, based abroad, is restricted to a scripted response.

The repairs person who rang me was very good but you can't contact them.

The same applied when I needed to have a repair on my Nexus 5, bought from the Carphone warehouse.

My circumstance of having an unlocked phone and the repairs which involved a new main board might not be that common, but dealing with Amazon is very much a hassle free process.

Associate
Anyone had wifi issues since the update ?
I've had ridiculously slow wifi,just on the SU6,not other devices.
I discovered via google there's a glitch in android 6.0 where gps needs to be on for wifi to work properly.
So,I tried it.In battery saving mode in location settings I was getting 1mbps.Switched to high accuracy and got 17mbps which is all I get at home even wired.
I also discovered via a speed test that in battery saving mode if I watch and wait the speed will actually increase to about 5mbps over the course of about 30 seconds.
Bit of a pain tbh,especially when I get 40mbps from 4G

Back
Top Bottom