VoIP Providers

Soldato
*NUDGE*

I currently privately use X-lite(free) + localphone, localphone has a separate/expensive web service for texts,
some prefer the X-Lite.

I'm still using X-lite free softphone, they have now updated this to Bria product, which although still free, you have to provide Sip login details with an account on their web-site, which they then use to configure the App you run locally

https://www.counterpath.com/x-lite

.. product has been reliable , but I don't like the twist. (but they could always have illicitly transferred your sip login details with earlier version)

Associate
Have used Sipgate.co.uk for years without any issues, you can choose your own local number for use, you can use the service free for dialing 0800 numbers which is good for dialing into work conference calls from home, i use a couple of Grandstream 2140 phones at home which work really well, it never has an issue and call quality is always really good, free voicemail, WebSMS etc.

They also do a "UK Call Package" for £9.95 per month, any UK Landlines and Mobiles.

Last edited:
Soldato
In the end I ported my number for Gradwell to Sipgate. The port went well through Gradwell cocked up and continued to bill me once the port had complete and then they took an age to refund me. Good job I've ditched them.

Everything with Sipgate is going well, I've got my Yealink T48G sitting on the desk but when I'm out and about I'll use PhonerLite or Bria and they're working fine too. No one way audio like I'd occasionally have with Gradwell. I went for the UK & EU call package for £14.99/month as most of my calls are to mainland Europe.

Soldato
I'm currently rocking an old anologue phone system, two phone lines (same phone number) and one more line that was our fax line (which is now unplugged) and our internet with Zen.

Now could be the time to sort this all out as we all struggle with working all over the site and home working etc. We have 5 main users, 7 desks with phones on right now.

What kind of solution should I be looking at? Our work isn't really heavy telephonic, we take calls about work and progress, ordering supply's and such but we're mostly emails and certainly not heavy users. Would be great if calls could be transferred to mobiles via an app or something as we mostly have a iphone in our pocket when on the shop floor.

Help would be great, I get literally dozens of calls weekly about telephone systems but I want to pick a provider and have something that works well without being stitched up with a bad company or contract.

Associate
After long-term trouble with noise on my home office BT line which wasn't resolved even with engineer visits I switched my home office to using VOIP from Dial9 ( https://www.dial9.co.uk/ ). They are the communications arm of Krystal Hosting which I use for my personal domain/web/email etc (relatively small UK based hosting company which probably isn't the very cheapest but has but great reliability and service).

My needs are pretty basic, and I even carried on using my existing analogue phone via a little Grandstream HT802 box, but the configuration was easy, and reliability and call quality has been fantastic. I think their basic package is £3.99 per month incl. 1000 UK minutes but they offered a free package to existing Krystal customers since the start of lockdown so I haven't start to pay anything yet :D

Soldato
we currently use a company called Arrow - https://www.arrowcommunications.co.uk/

We recently moved away from having a local PBX with Arrow to VOIP with Gamma Horizon. Found arrow a nuisance to deal with would do small charges for anything to do with the PBX(this could just be a PBX thing but the small charges added up). Moved over to Gamma Horizon recently through a reseller who deals with some of our virtual numbers and couldn't be happier.

Soldato
I'm currently rocking an old anologue phone system, two phone lines (same phone number) and one more line that was our fax line (which is now unplugged) and our internet with Zen.

Now could be the time to sort this all out as we all struggle with working all over the site and home working etc. We have 5 main users, 7 desks with phones on right now.

What kind of solution should I be looking at? Our work isn't really heavy telephonic, we take calls about work and progress, ordering supply's and such but we're mostly emails and certainly not heavy users. Would be great if calls could be transferred to mobiles via an app or something as we mostly have a iphone in our pocket when on the shop floor.

Help would be great, I get literally dozens of calls weekly about telephone systems but I want to pick a provider and have something that works well without being stitched up with a bad company or contract.

I work for a company that provides Voip telephony, based on the above I think we can offer a solution that would work for you. Feel free to direct message me if you want to discuss.

Back
Top Bottom