Caporegime
Soldato
Hard to fault for 2 devices for life - if you are willing tho whore yourself slightly (tweet etc. and write a review) you can add another 1-2 quite easily.

Caporegime
Yep, already got to work on that!

Just a quick question: should my IP and DNS IP be the same once the VPN is turned on? They're showing as different on dnsleak.com

Soldato
Yep, already got to work on that!

Just a quick question: should my IP and DNS IP be the same once the VPN is turned on? They're showing as different on dnsleak.com

DNS lek will usually show another address in the same range, eg:
  • Your IP: 162.250.7.19
  • DNS IP: 162.250.7.18
  • Hostname: atlanta.tigerbackbone.com
  • City: New York
That's normal.

Caporegime
Thanks @G-MAN2004 for link, signed up :)

Cool thanks grabbed this deal as well :)

No worries. :)

DNS lek will usually show another address in the same range, eg:
  • Your IP: 162.250.7.19
  • DNS IP: 162.250.7.18
  • Hostname: atlanta.tigerbackbone.com
  • City: New York
That's normal.

Ah nice one, thanks.

All has been good, working just as intended. Just a shame I've had to switch from Chrome to Firefox on Android due to WebRTC leaks.

Associate
I've just signed up with PureVPN, but I wanted to check something as I've never used a VPN before.

When I go onto Google.com after activating VPN I find that the Google home page still redirects to google.co.uk even if I set my location to somewhere else. Does this mean that my VPN isn't working properly, as surely it should redirect to the country I have picked for the VPN? Am I doing something wrong?

Some help from an experienced VPN user would be very much appreciated.

Soldato
I've just signed up with PureVPN, but I wanted to check something as I've never used a VPN before.

When I go onto Google.com after activating VPN I find that the Google home page still redirects to google.co.uk even if I set my location to somewhere else. Does this mean that my VPN isn't working properly, as surely it should redirect to the country I have picked for the VPN? Am I doing something wrong?

Some help from an experienced VPN user would be very much appreciated.
Go to whatismyip.com both with and without your vpn active. The ip should be different.

Associate
^^ I'm using the free vpnclientgate software which also gives you access to quite a few free vpn's which tend to be based out of japan and asia.
I have used a paid vpn before and used the windows 10 vpn software but didnt keep it due to impacting my speed on usenet and i did get the some results also back at .co.uk on google.
tbh i dont really use vpns much just something i like to mess around with my dns is in the ukraine and its listed as a pizza shop !!

Soldato
Cached browser pages? Using a sync'd browser on your phone?

If your public IP is showing up the other side of the world, I'd probably say it's safe to assume you are all good.

In fact, google "where am i" as that will tell you where google thinks you really are.

Soldato
^^ I'm using the free vpnclientgate software which also gives you access to quite a few free vpn's which tend to be based out of japan and asia.
I have used a paid vpn before and used the windows 10 vpn software but didnt keep it due to impacting my speed on usenet and i did get the some results also back at .co.uk on google.
tbh i dont really use vpns much just something i like to mess around with my dns is in the ukraine and its listed as a pizza shop !!

In general you have two choices when running software based VPN encryption, near line speed (this assumes you aren't on a slow connection or frankly anything is capable of running near line speed) with an insecure encryption standard or take a speed hit and use something that's actually meaningful. 'Free' VPN's don't really exist, at some level you are usually being sold as a product/using a crappy VPS based provider who has no control over the hardware and won't be served with paperwork/notified in the event the hardware is required to be made available to a 3rd party or given an inferior service in terms of speed/advertising/usage restrictions.

Personally I value my privacy, I choose VPN providers who own hardware and who have a proven track record. I prefer my meta data not to be retained for the world and it's dog to browse as/when it feels like it.

Associate
I've sent a support ticket to PureVPN as I'm still seem to be showing up as UK even after clearing my cache etc. Kinda defeats the object of a VPN!!!!

Not impressed with VPN so far, unless it's just PureVPN that's not very good.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Were you connected to the VPN when you posted this message? I looked at your account and it was showing your ISP.

Connect to PureVPN and reply here - will be able to see immediately if it's working or not.

Associate
Were you connected to the VPN when you posted this message? I looked at your account and it was showing your ISP.

Connect to PureVPN and reply here - will be able to see immediately if it's working or not.

OK, I connected to PureVPN before this reply...

Associate

I'm replying again as PureVPN support came back to me and advised me to disable IPv6, refresh cache and try again. It seems like it's working as I'd expect now (aside from redirecting to the Netherlands rather than the country I'd actually picked :confused:)

Back
Top Bottom