Soldato
I've spent the evening backing away at the Karma goals for Tiger VPN. Have managed to raise 6000 points so that's bought me an additional 2 connections.

Not bad having paid £30 for a lifetime of 4 devices and the more I read about them the better the reviews get.

Soldato
I've spent the evening backing away at the Karma goals for Tiger VPN. Have managed to raise 6000 points so that's bought me an additional 2 connections.

Not bad having paid £30 for a lifetime of 4 devices and the more I read about them the better the reviews get.

This basically mirrors my own experience with them over the last few years. If they packed up today i've had my money's worth out of them, but what was purchased as a throw away VPN to supplement my PURE lifetime sub probably sees more usage than PURE.

Soldato
I took up the TigerVPN offer. So far so good. Easy to use and set up on the PC and mobile.

Ideally id like to get it set up on my VR200 router. Anyone set it up on their router? I'm going to have to research the required settings.

Soldato
I took up the TigerVPN offer. So far so good. Easy to use and set up on the PC and mobile.

Ideally id like to get it set up on my VR200 router. Anyone set it up on their router? I'm going to have to research the required settings.

I have 2 connections set up from my router currently. At the moment I'm only using the PPTP method as L2TP just won't connect for me but hoping to set aside some time soon and get the OpenVPN option working.

Associate
Ive set up a ubuntu container (LXC) on a server with openvpn connected using PIA. Set up port forwarding rules and now if i want any device/vm etc to use the VPN i can just set the gateway to the containers IP or tell the DHCP to set it for me. Works nicely and can saturate my 52mb connection easily.
Ive also set up some routes on my PC so that game servers dont use the gateway but instead go direct via the router to keep ping times low.
Seems quite a nice setup most of my PC traffic flows through VPN bar IPs I dont want and easy to include/exclude devices even if they are locked down/have no settings (windows phone).
Just need to learn more about IPtables so that I can set up better routing to better exclude services such as Iplayer.

Associate
I got this email from Pure VPN (VPN I use) saying they're going 360 degrees. I could only wonder what it meant until I went into more details.

So, they're launching a complete new security solution that includes IPS/IDS protection, Anti-Virus, Parental Control, AD-Blocking & Apps Data Usage Control.

And to top it, people already subscribed to Pure VPN will be getting the premium upgrade for free. Also, if you subscribe to their VPN by 30th June you get the upgrade for free too.

The new features will be launched at $8 per month on top of VPN plans, but existing users will be eligible to get an absolutely free upgrade provided they get PureVPN before June 30th. Is the price they are offering good enough to vouch for this?

Associate
One of the best free ones I've found is Windscribe gives you 10GB of data a month from the free version...... add this code in the "claim voucher" SOS60GBS
when you're signing up, you now have 60GB a month free for a year.

Soldato
I fell for the nordvpn hype then also tried purevpn and a couple more until I learned my lesson. The big vpn providers are surrounded by false hype, overloaded servers, flashy apps that sacrifice features for looks, poor customer support and experience ip leaks constantly. I'm now a happy user of a vpn from a small company that is just superior in every way.

You can read a bit about it here and find a few good ones but I'm sure more exist. https://restoreprivacy.com/category/reviews/

Soldato
One of the best free ones I've found is Windscribe gives you 10GB of data a month from the free version...... add this code in the "claim voucher" SOS60GBS
when you're signing up, you now have 60GB a month free for a year.

Never used a VPN before so decided to give Windscribe free plan ago with the code voucher giving 60GB, easy to set up and working.

Will read a few reviews before l pay for a VPN.

Thanks Troop.

Back
Top Bottom