*** VR Deals Thread ***

Grabbed that deal, hopefully keep us busy over Christmas. Now I look I actually have about 20 unplayed VR games including steam/Pc ones. :cry:
Got the Quest 2 too! Got sucked into the unwitting, little informed thing about Quest2 games have to be cross-buy otherwise buy a Q2 replacement - like Beat Sabre and a few of the kids' favourite games (Job Simulator, etc).

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/5977249128959361/?utm_source=oculus&utm_medium=share

Free multiplayer dogfighting, not played it yet but sounds alright.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/3723825351065838/?utm_source=oculus&utm_medium=share

Gladius has a few quid knocked off, picked this one up and it actually seems alright for a blade and sorcery/pcvr port knock off...also cut my hand open and broke my partner's favourite mug within the first 30 minutes of playing, gets pretty immersive.

How does Pavlov, which is currently on sale, compare to Contractors?

Any opinion will be subjective. Personally i value contractors for the quality on offer, the animations, models, map builds, and the tardy work they did with the last update. Pavlov is certainly the more accessible title with more people playing it, game modes, and workshop content. With it's low price in the sale you'd be wise to pick it up, there's nothing on the horizon that topple it's crown anytime soon.

Some decent deals spotted in the lunar sale:

Budget Cuts 1/2 are -75% at £6, both for £10.
Table of Tales The Crooked Crown -50% £9.80
VR Regatta -90% £2.40

Not an awful lot with only a light sale, but those games are good with deep discounts.

Any opinion will be subjective. Personally i value contractors for the quality on offer, the animations, models, map builds, and the tardy work they did with the last update. Pavlov is certainly the more accessible title with more people playing it, game modes, and workshop content. With it's low price in the sale you'd be wise to pick it up, there's nothing on the horizon that topple it's crown anytime soon.

Some decent deals spotted in the lunar sale:

Budget Cuts 1/2 are -75% at £6, both for £10.
Table of Tales The Crooked Crown -50% £9.80
VR Regatta -90% £2.40

Not an awful lot with only a light sale, but those games are good with deep discounts.

Cheers. Might as well give it a whirl.

Tried Pavlov and refunded. Inferior in every way to Contractors. Hated not being able to pick a loadout, and just spawning with some random weapon. Got spawn killed about 5 times within 15 mins too.

Tried Pavlov and refunded. Inferior in every way to Contractors.

Sure, and the recent update aside with the job they've done to the front and user interfaces, the gap was far wider before the graphical rebalance. Momentum and cost has always stacked in Pavlovs favour, but it never helps whenever Contractors becomes a topic of conversation and within the first five replies somebody says 'yeah but nobodies playing it' Not necessarily true, but it stunts player growth as people that trickle in leave after getting stomped on by those same 50 people that play it all the time. It really didn't take long for that to happen, why it still languishes with the same player count it had 2 years ago.

On point though, Pavlov Shack and the regular title are different product. Pavlov as a game is very much what a HL multiplayer mod was 22/23 years ago, little structure have a blast.

Deal wise, I'm thinking I'll punch it on Forewarned. The base game is under improvement, and there's parity with the VR and desktop updates.

Recommend Golf IT @2.99. There are 100's of available courses in the workshop, a lot of which have been converted by semi professionals from other mini golf games.

Back
Top Bottom