*** VR Deals Thread ***

if you want a boxing sim it is excellent. visually a bit rough but easily worth that imo

One of the most intense games in VR, which will get you sweaty so make sure you protect your headset by wearing a tube scarf, bandana or thin beanie (I use a thin running beanie) while playing.
It's also a good idea to use a PU VR cover, silicone cover, or washable cotton over covers for your facial interface to keep the sweat off. Good advice really for any intense VR exercise.

Not sure if the sensors need walls or something to bounce off to work..
Plus feel i look like a complete idiot playing this game somewhere outside :cry:
so they don't need walls to bounce off so long as it's not a completely uniform surrounding (otherwise the quest 1 would not have worked). quest 2 does seem more finikety with outside tracking . as for looking an idiot. not a concern for me. that ship sailed a long time ago

Glad to see you guys are not using it outside on a sunny day. When I first got it, I borked a quest 2 when I used it in my garden on a summer day. Sunlight directly on lenses. Lesson learned the hard way. :)
always ALWAYS.keep the lenses pointing downwards if outside.
out of curiosity were you able to claim under warranty?

The latest Humble Bundle is racing games, and at least a couple of them are VR capable:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...tile_index_1_c_ultimateracingsimbundle_bundle

Probably well worth the tenner just for Automobilista 2.

I suspect that 20% of wheels deal is useless outside the US though. Shame - the idea of it was tempting me to consider upgrading my Logitech G920 to that Thrustmaster T248. It looks very swish!
Off topic: Has anyone used both wheels and can compare?

The latest Humble Bundle is racing games, and at least a couple of them are VR capable:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...tile_index_1_c_ultimateracingsimbundle_bundle

Probably well worth the tenner just for Automobilista 2.

I suspect that 20% of wheels deal is useless outside the US though. Shame - the idea of it was tempting me to consider upgrading my Logitech G920 to that Thrustmaster T248. It looks very swish!
Off topic: Has anyone used both wheels and can compare?

ACC any good in VR these days? Heard mixed reports about it.

A few places are selling the original Vive deluxe headset for £50, don't want to put the links in case it's competitor related, but big stores and easy to find

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom