*** VR Deals Thread ***

Just bought these whilst on sale over at Steam, IIRC a couple end in a day or two...

Untitled.png

just figuring if this one ...

is something that will get played.

me personally its quest. but thats because i dont have a VR capable PC at the moment.

if i did have a VR ready PC most of my purchases would be through PC. with exclusives or spesifc reasons meaning i might have it on both.

meta store games are fairly cheap all things considered. but steam will be more mod-able and better supported i feel. more robust in to the future i feel.
possibilities of hosting private servers like with EchoVR were PC files can more easiliy be updated

having a standalone headset is great, not having to worry baout lugging a PC round and playing were ever you want.
so there are pros and cons to it all.
i personally dont like being tied to Meta. but its the only way i'll play VR with the chaps at the moment monday nights

So am i right in thinking if i buy a game like Lucky's Tale on the meta store i could take my quest 3 anywhere and play it
But if i bought it on steam i would be limited to only being able to play it while am at home near my PC

( Due to am guessing you can't download a steam bought game onto the quest 3 head set)

Last edited:
So am i right in thinking if i buy a game like Lucky's Tale on the meta store i could take my quest 3 anywhere and play it
But if i bought it on steam i would be limited to only being able to play it while am at home near my PC

( Due to am guessing you can't download a steam bought game onto the quest 3 head set)

That's about it. Some Steam versions, not all, have improved graphics and post processing effects possible.
Some Steam variants of certain games can also be modded..?
But they also do not restrict you to just having the Meta headset. It is a toss up for me which to go for, room is also a problem with the 128GB almost used up.

I can see a "need" for both the Steam version and the Meta one bought later for flexibility of taking the headset places to use there and still play the game.

correct.
anything purchased on quest 3 is only on quest 3.
there are some games that are cross play so you by on quest store and you get a PC version as well same in reverse, Meta have a PC store were some of those games are PC only like Lone Echo (BRING IT TO QUEST 3 META!!!).

but if you buy on steam your limited to a PC at the moment. Steam Decard may change that in the future.

having everyone on the same eco system does make things a lot easier.

but its going to be easier to mod games on steam in general because its PC and the file system is easier to access. i cant actually think of any games that have been moded but i havent had a need to look in to it.

mta headets hae approax a 5-6year shelf life and os version changes may mean older games you purchased no longer work or supported. i feel like you have more long jevity and not tied to a spesific Headset echo system with PCVR.
the VR echo system is still maturing so its hard to say what will happen in the future.
i think there is a uest 4 due for release in 2026 at which point i guess quest 2 will go end of life.

Just bought these whilst on sale over at Steam, IIRC a couple end in a day or two...

Untitled.png

just figuring if this one ...

is something that will get played.
if you like Luckys tale check out Max Mustard similar.

i think Kayak VR looks like a chill game something to do after a heavy session, it looks like its got a fair amount of physical movement needed so good cardio possible.

correct.
anything purchased on quest 3 is only on quest 3.
there are some games that are cross play so you by on quest store and you get a PC version as well same in reverse, Meta have a PC store were some of those games are PC only like Lone Echo (BRING IT TO QUEST 3 META!!!).

but if you buy on steam your limited to a PC at the moment. Steam Decard may change that in the future.

having everyone on the same eco system does make things a lot easier.

but its going to be easier to mod games on steam in general because its PC and the file system is easier to access. i cant actually think of any games that have been moded but i havent had a need to look in to it.

mta headets hae approax a 5-6year shelf life and os version changes may mean older games you purchased no longer work or supported. i feel like you have more long jevity and not tied to a spesific Headset echo system with PCVR.
the VR echo system is still maturing so its hard to say what will happen in the future.
i think there is a uest 4 due for release in 2026 at which point i guess quest 2 will go end of life.

Do you know if the game that I buy from Meta will work on additional headsets, if supported, as long as the additional headsets are assigned to my account..?

If those games are also multiplayer type games I would if there would be two copies of the game needed..?

You can buy some games, for example the Dark Picture Anthology (VR moddable) that includes a second copy as a friends pass, or something like that.

Max Mustard on wishlist, not out yet on Steam, thanks.

Kayak VR - I'll probably get that one, altho I'm a little physically limited others will enjoy. Thanks

Last edited:
Why does the meta store not show all the games that are on sale when you click the on sale filter box :(

For example it doesn't show the The Climb & The Climb 2 as being on sale unless you search for them exact games

Go here and click Filter > On Sale

Edit: for some reason it now showing more of the games that are on sale :confused:

Last edited:
The Meta Games i bought a few years ago for my Quest 2 are also there on my new Quest 3

Thanks, what I mean is if at some point we buy another Meta headset and register it in my name, same account, could one person be playing the same game as the other ..? Or are you limited to playing one game at one time per headset..? Not sure about that.

Thanks, what I mean is if at some point we buy another Meta headset and register it in my name, same account, could one person be playing the same game as the other ..? Or are you limited to playing one game at one time per headset..? Not sure about that.

You'll need a second account to play most multiplayer games, however, you can enable game sharing on a headset.

I do this with my son, i've enabled my game library on his headset and then we can both play walkabout golf, him using his account .. and me on mine.. but with only one copy of the game..

Not sure all games support this though, so worth checking the individual games.

You'll need a second account to play most multiplayer games, however, you can enable game sharing on a headset.

I do this with my son, i've enabled my game library on his headset and then we can both play walkabout golf, him using his account .. and me on mine.. but with only one copy of the game..

Not sure all games support this though, so worth checking the individual games.

Thanks, something to consider if and when we get to the point of considering an additional headset.
It would make sense to keep with Meta, albeit the Pico 4 Ultra looks good, it is as much about the games and accessibility / sharing as it is about the hardware.

I did not know about the possibility of game sharing and library availability on the second headset.

This can show as cheap as 99p....

not sure if account specific or if you need to be logged in .Some, Hotdeals, are saying the cheap price works and others not.

Not sure why my purchases always seem to show in dollars and not pounds..?

Last edited:
currently theres a meta connect sale on for next 7 days. have a look through. main store and app lab apps by the looks of it.
i spotted Lego brick tales for £14 if you already own puzzling places, but its not on sale on its own.
Tea for God
Eleven Tennis
LES MILLS XR DANCE - im waiting on the pole dancer update. while we're waiting for Player to turn up i can entertain..
Operation Serpens for £4 might be worth a punt
The Climb 2
Spacefolk City
MudRunner VR
LES MILLS XR BODYCOMBAT DLC: Power Strike! £4 discount if you dont have it

nice any of them any good?
Into the Radius is very popular.

I understand you need mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4 but these 2 are normally expensive, so this is what I will be getting for £15.

Not played them, but I Expect You To Die (not you, the games!) are very highly rated. Escape room games.

I have played the 7th Guest, first game I bought wit ha CD to use on the PC eons ago. That does play very nicely indeed.

Skyrim VR, is very nice visially and game wise. BUT it does "need" mods. The opening scene is most comedic without mods and you can get stuck. Some mods I use...

Skyrim-VR.png

so those two are well worth the price.

In to the Radius is very good and quite eerie when playing, visually and story it works well.

I might be tempted with FO4, but I'm into that on the PC, heavily modded, and not all the mods will work on that version. Otherwise that would be priced decently.

Back
Top Bottom