VR Gaming

Associate
Crikey so my single 980 will be ok? I was waiting to upgrade.

I take it you still need loads of space?
Your 980 is better than my 290, you’ll be fine!
You don’t need ‘lots’ of room I havnt measured my play space, but it’s not big.

Your likely to get more information regarding the size of your play area by asking in Virtual Reality section, lots of friendly helpful VR enthusiasts there.

Soldato
After a bit of ill health have finally got around to doing a bit of gaming. And my first choice was Arizona Sunshine but I am not impressed. Some zombies go down with one shot to the head whilst others resist several rounds. How come there is no aiming reticle?

What else to try I wonder?

Soldato
It's not taken off because it's too expensive and the games aren't there yet, this is 1st gen VR really and a massive addition to gaming that will take years to mature, but if handled properly then it should be 'the norm' in 3-5 years.

Soldato
The wife and I are debating whether or not to get the vive this weekend. We wanted the vive Pro but seeing as it doesn't come with anything at all and ends up costing 4 figures for the package... We settled on the vive.

But, we've not pressed the purchase button. Our PC's are more than capable on running any game for vr right now. It's just the cost of $500 for a peripheral for very little games.

Should we buy or not? If we don't, we'll get a xbox one and a coffee machine instead. We have a ps4 which is collecting dust and the coffee machine is for her lol

Soldato
The wife and I are debating whether or not to get the vive this weekend. We wanted the vive Pro but seeing as it doesn't come with anything at all and ends up costing 4 figures for the package... We settled on the vive.

But, we've not pressed the purchase button. Our PC's are more than capable on running any game for vr right now. It's just the cost of $500 for a peripheral for very little games.

Should we buy or not? If we don't, we'll get a xbox one and a coffee machine instead. We have a ps4 which is collecting dust and the coffee machine is for her lol
Very little games? I've been using vr for a few hours a day for nearly two years and I have too many games to play and not enough time. If I had to choose I would get a rift, its cheaper, more comfortable, has better controller's and has less screen door effect. But saying that the vive is still excellent. Vr is the future I've tasted it.

Soldato
Beat Saber and Rez are incredible games.
but yes there is a lot of junk out there and I dont feel the price point is particularly great for a lot of the content.

This is my fear, people say there are a lot of games, but from what I'm seeing, there are a handful of actual games, and the rest is just tech demo filler.

I spoke to the wife about it a bit more. We're waiting for the next product from Oculus. We don't feel this current gen is worth the buy in at this point.

Associate
How come there is no aiming reticle?

I think if you've selected the easier mode the guns come with a red dot.

We don't feel this current gen is worth the buy in at this point.

Excellent choice. The market is really only for massive bleeding edge type people. You really have to want VR to justify the outlay.
Having said that, I really want VR, so got it. Never regretted a single penny I've spent on it.

I would never try to convince someone to buy the tech but I would steer them as to choice.

Soldato
Excellent choice. The market is really only for massive bleeding edge type people. You really have to want VR to justify the outlay.
Having said that, I really want VR, so got it. Never regretted a single penny I've spent on it.

I would never try to convince someone to buy the tech but I would steer them as to choice.

Aye, we have the thirst for a gaming gadget and this isn't the one as it will be treated like our Switches, or the Playstation and it's a lot of investment just for that.

Still want VR! We're just too 'casual' to buy into it right now.

We may however look at second hand PS VR goggles as they are super cheap and it fullfills the fun.

Soldato
There's even less choice when it comes to games with psvr. If I was in your position I'd be looking for a used oculus tbh, plenty of decent games amongst the poor ones

Back
Top Bottom