• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** VTX3D R9 290 PRE-FLASHED TO R9 290X & VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

I put the price back down, as I found another AIB we hold in stock which also flashes successfully, so we now have plenty. :D

Here are the ones which did not manage to flash, but still voltage unlocked for your convience. ;)

VTX3D Radeon R9 290 "Voltage Unlocked" X-Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £319.99 inc VAT

GX-015-VX_400.jpg

Pre-flashed by Overclockers UK Technicians using a voltage unlocked R290X BIOS unlocking voltage control upto 1.412mv.

AMD Radeon R9 290 is a new graphics card powered by the latest AMD Radeon™ R9 290 graphics-processing unit (GPU). 4GB of super-fast GDDR5 memory for the best gaming experience at the highest resolutions including 4k and incorporates AMD Eyefinity and TrueAudio technologies to enable expansive multi-display setups and more accurate environmental sounds. R9 290 also includes support for both DirectX® 11.2 and AMD's new Mantle application programming interface (API) for great handling of even the most-demanding PC games.

Specification:-
- Radeon R9 290
- GPU: Hawaii Pro
- Stream Processors: 2560
- Core Speed: 1000MHz
- Memory Speed: 5000Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- Cooling: 2-Slot Blower Fan
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 750W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warraanty: 2yr

Features:-
- 1000MHz Core Speed
- Unlocked Voltage
- DirectX 11.2 Support
- Open GL 4.2 Support
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio support
- Crossfire Support upto 4-way: Native software crossfire (No bridge required)
- Gaming @ 4k Resolutions (UltraHD)
- Synergy with next-gen game consoles (Mantle)
- Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture - optimized from previous generation products

Only £319.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
Your listing states "2560 Stream Processors" if its flashed should that not be 2816?

There are two, check them both. ;)

One is flashed, but the shaders did not unlock, hence only voltage unlocked and only £319.99

The other the cores did unlock and is hence priced at £359.99

OcUK Staff
OP
Umm all of these "Brands" i believe were produced by 1 manufacturer on behalf of AMD as they are all the same reference, then they are shipped to the AIB's to slap their logo and boxes on etc, they all come from the same factory if im correct. So all of the components are the same for the first batches regardless, is what im led to believe?

Correct, Sapphire (PC Partner) build all the reference cards to AMD's specification. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Am I the only one who finds it a little harsh that I no longer have the chance to buy a 290 VTX at the cheap price and flash it myself to a 290X with the unlocked shaders? Don't get me wrong, I can see the benefit of it but not a chance for anyone to get a VTX 290 at the cheap price and have a chance of it being unlockable to a 290X.

You could buy from elsewhere.
For us if we allowed that DSR returns would shoot up as people would just DSR cards which don't flash, meaning we'd have to b-grade them.

For us it's far better business sense to do it the way we are, were offering a unique service which no other etailor does, removing the risk and gamble to the customer whilst maintaining the full warranty and still being far cheaper than a genuine 290X.

Back
Top Bottom