• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** VTX3D R9 290 PRE-FLASHED TO R9 290X & VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Just doing some more now.

Seems they do not all unlock, so we shall be creating a new product, which will just feature voltage unlock.

Also the price on this might have to go up today, so if your thinking about one buy now, before I re-vise the price upwards as were finding quite a few which refuse to unlock the additional shaders. :(

Soldato
Hi there

Seems they do not all unlock, so we shall be creating a new product, which will just feature voltage unlock.

Also the price on this might have to go up today, so if your thinking about one buy now, before I re-vise the price upwards as were finding quite a few which refuse to unlock the additional shaders. :(

Sounds like a small batch may have carried 290X cores but the rest have been laser cut.

Soldato
Hi there

Can we still order it with it out of stock? And for now if we order we'd still get the unlocked to 290x plus voltage unlocked for £360 right?

Edited: Nevermind, just bit the bullet and ordered. Spent far too much money this month...just bought a Sony Xperia Z Ultra few days ago and now this...

...luckily pay day coming soon...

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Can we still order it with it out of stock? And for now if we order we'd still get the unlocked to 290x plus voltage unlocked for £360 right?

YES!

I just found 5 more which unlock, shall book them onto the stock after lunch, so please do re-order as I shall definitely be increasing the price as its not as straight cut as they all unlock, only some do.....

Soldato
What are you doing with the ones that don't unlock? Will there be a load of b-grade 290s up? :)
You wish! :D As said above, Gibbo would be selling them as different product range...possibly something like "pre-flashed 290x bios with shader and voltage unlocked".

It's not gonna be B-grade since OcUK are still selling them with full 2 years warranty. There will still be people which are uncomfortable with flashing bios who would pay a little extra (provided it is really just "little extra") just for the unlocked voltage, shader and higher clock out of the box.

Sgarrista
Commissario
YES!

I just found 5 more which unlock, shall book them onto the stock after lunch, so please do re-order as I shall definitely be increasing the price as its not as straight cut as they all unlock, only some do.....

Glad I got my 2 ordered last night :D

My wallet disagrees however :(

By the way, any chance of getting them over to tech labs also to add some waterblocks before shipping?

OcUK Staff
OP
Glad I got my 2 ordered last night :D

My wallet disagrees however :(

By the way, any chance of getting them over to tech labs also to add some waterblocks before shipping?

Nope sorry. Something you shall have to fit yourself, due to time constraints here.

Soldato
You wish! :D As said above, Gibbo would be selling them as different product range...possibly something like "pre-flashed 290x bios with shader and voltage unlocked".

It's not gonna be B-grade since OcUK are still selling them with full 2 years warranty. There will still be people which are uncomfortable with flashing bios who would pay a little extra (provided it is really just "little extra") just for the unlocked voltage, shader and higher clock out of the box.

I think you forgot to omit shader from your post, the one with the unlocked shader is the one already for sale.

The ones that fail to unlock (ie shaders still 2560) would simply have a higher stock base clock and unlocked voltage, nothing else.

Soldato
I think you forgot to omit shader from your post, the one with the unlocked shader is the one already for sale.

The ones that fail to unlock (ie shaders still 2560) would simply have a higher stock base clock and unlocked voltage, nothing else.
Ah right, guess I got that wrong. I was think about back then which you can still unlock shader even if not the cores or something.

Soldato
From forums elsewhere it seems that there is no way to tell whether cards will unlock without actually flashing them or popping off the cooler to see whether you have a 2000 (290X) or 2020 (laser cut 290) GPU. Even cards with sequential serial numbers are a mixed bag, so it is luck of the draw unless someone like Gibbo (or one of his evil minions) pre-tests them all for you.

Soldato
Knowing my luck all mine will be laser cut GPU's, I'll find out later today when I get back and attempt to unlock them.

All of mine had sequential serial numbers (i.e. same exact serial numbers except ending 48,49 and 50)

Sgarrista
Commissario
So, just out of curiocity, when doing the flash, how can you tell if it has the 290x core or not? Because surely the ones which arnt the 290x cores that get the speed and voltage increase will also show some improvement in benching no? Or am i missing something.

Soldato
So, just out of curiocity, when doing the flash, how can you tell if it has the 290x core or not? Because surely the ones which arnt the 290x cores that get the speed and voltage increase will also show some improvement in benching no? Or am i missing something.

Bench before and after at the same clock speeds is probably the only fool proof way.

OcUK Staff
OP
Knowing my luck all mine will be laser cut GPU's, I'll find out later today when I get back and attempt to unlock them.

All of mine had sequential serial numbers (i.e. same exact serial numbers except ending 48,49 and 50)

They they will either all be locked, or will all unlock.

This is what I am finding, if one in a box of 5 unlocks, they all do.
If one in a box of 5 fails, they all do. :(

Associate

You bench it at stock, then do the flash, then manual downclock so its running the exact same clock as it was with the original bios. Do another bench and if there is an improvement then it because you have extra shaders unlocked :)

Back
Top Bottom