VW Passat R36

Soldato
Well not that sluggish but I can see it being super quick either.

Fair enough, it maybe quicker than the Mondeo and Vectra on paper, probably in real life, not see how a R36 performs yet. However £35k plus for a Passat that tbh does'nt look great...

You are really misguided, so what does it need not to be sluggish? 400bhp? Iirc, the Ferrari 360, E39 M5 were hardly just above sluggish performance...

Soldato
I got to re-enforce what's been said previously - £30k will buy you a bog-standard one of these, you're talking £35k for a proper spec one. You get a great deal of M3 for that and also a very nice RS4. Both are far better cars and whilst you'll be getting a 2nd hand one, depreciation will be a nightmare on the Passat.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
I got to re-enforce what's been said previously - £30k will buy you a bog-standard one of these, you're talking £35k for a proper spec one. You get a great deal of M3 for that and also a very nice RS4. Both are far better cars and whilst you'll be getting a 2nd hand one, depreciation will be a nightmare on the Passat.
Which will make the Passat a used bargain.

Man of Honour

Just a small point, all you've seen is a picture, how can you know the M3 and RS4 are far better cars? It's quite likely they are, but you can't know this for sure. Everyone slated the accord Type R as being pointless and stupid when it was first announced, but I seem to recall it being quite popular...

What other 300bhp, 4wd saloons that aren't a japanese rally **** are available new for £30k?

Soldato
guy on my forum has just completed sticking an r36 engine in a 4-motion golf.

The r36 is FSI and is an all ally block so the weight differences between the r32 and r36 engine is minimal. The only differences to the main dynamics of the car is the fsi and the cams.

i dont like the car, but if its anything like the old r32 platform im sure it will drive very well.

Back
Top Bottom