• No

Votes: 124 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Custor

C

Custor

The UN inspectors do not find proof that Iraq is trying to hide weapons of mass destruction, and the UN security council does not vote in favour of military action

%
Support 26
Oppose 63
Don't know 11

That a majority for you?

Votes in Government 396 to 217.

Associate
Originally posted by Custor
The UN inspectors do not find proof that Iraq is trying to hide weapons of mass destruction

But the inspectors did say that he was being less than helpful in giving them the information thatwas required, what does he have to do, have a big bonfire in bahgdad with a sign saying "Top Secret Documents, read while you still can" He only gave out the information required at thelast possible minute, and even then it was only as much to say look im trying to get it for you honest guv, just give me another 12 more years and ill find some more for you

Permabanned
Originally posted by Stiff_Cookie
I am for the war

44% is not majority last time I checked

LOL - but it is when the other is summink like 38% for war and the other are undecided or refused to comment! 44% is the majority.

To all those who questioned my reason for saying no its not nessecary - starting another war will not solve anything, ther is no evedence he has weapons of mass destruction, if there really was then we wouldnt be sitting on our arses argueing about it now would we! War is not nessecary, Bush is a Monkey and Blair is his Gimp.

If the US wanna go play soldier and wreak and interfere with business that is not of their concern then so be it - condem the lot of them - the UK does not have to follow and in my view it should not.

Permabanned
Originally posted by afraser2k
If there's one thing to learn from history is that if you attack American's on American soil expect major retribution and revenge. Just look at Japan after Pearl Harbour.

Iraq has never attacked or even threatened to attack the US so remind me what your point is? :confused:

Soldato
I'm not gonna post a new thread as there are far too many war threads as it is so I'll post on here - sorry bout the thread hijack!

The Government has just voted for War with Iraq -

_38974787_blair203_afpbody.jpg

Amid dramatic scenes in the Commons on Tuesday night, 217 MPs - as many as 139 of them Labour backbenchers - backed a rebel amendment opposing the government's stance on Iraq.

A motion backing the government's position was passed by 412 vote to 149.

There was relief for the government after fears that more than half Labour's backbenchers would oppose Tony Blair's line on Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2862325.stm

We could attack anytime now, I reckon it will all happen tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Custor

C

Custor

Originally posted by DustyMiller
But the inspectors did say that he was being less than helpful in giving them the information thatwas required, what does he have to do, have a big bonfire in bahgdad with a sign saying "Top Secret Documents, read while you still can" He only gave out the information required at thelast possible minute, and even then it was only as much to say look im trying to get it for you honest guv, just give me another 12 more years and ill find some more for you

Please don't quote UN inspectors for justification for war if the UN dosen't support war. It makes it look cheap.

Associate
Had to be yes, stop it now before it gets out of hand.
Freedom of speech should be allowed world wide and not just for the few.
As far as I know its Saddams way or god help your family if you happen to be an unlucky citizen of his country with a mind of your own....

MY 2p

wayne

Associate
this war will haunt you/us for a long time. you wont be able to walk in the city centre without fear and this is because the "enemy" dont use smart bombs but kamikazis, nerve gasses, aeroplanes and trucks filled up with explosives.

I voted NO because this war is about money. People will die with antiterrorism being the excuse. Sandam is no saint but the americans also have tons of blood on their hands. I bet if they left sandam alone he wouldnt attack anybody especially after kuwait. But then he gets to keep the oil, Bush so desperately wants. And Blair has been promised a piece of the cake. I wonder what Blair and Bush and the others are gonna do when your/our families, friends die in a subway from a nerve gas bomb for revenge when you could live peacefully in your part of the world and so could do sandam (under some control of course). I wonder what those who vote yes today are gonna feel when generated terrorism will be their day nightmare.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Chrisp7
The Government has just voted for War with Iraq -

Amazing so many Labour MPs voted against the government with the extreme strong arm tactics employed by the whips :mad: Disgusting to do that on a vote of this magnitude.

Soldato
Originally posted by MAD_BANDIT
Most damaging of all, the inspectors made progress and did not find any of the weapons of mass destruction the dossiers had said were there.

IIRC chemical weapons were never found until iraqi defectors gave away their locations, i dont have the faith in the weapons inspectors that everyone else seems to, if iraq wants to hide them it will and has done before.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by Rancidelephant
IIRC chemical weapons were never found until iraqi defectors gave away their locations, i dont have the faith in the weapons inspectors that everyone else seems to, if iraq wants to hide them it will and has done before.

I agree. I mean they had 12 years to hide them or perect techniques of hiding them.

Custor

C

Custor

Originally posted by Rancidelephant

Which chemical weopons did these defectors give away then? The inspectors must surely ahve been able to be directed to these as they've been given away?

Soldato
Originally posted by Lopéz
Getting bored with all the so-called protests personally.
Now where did I put my hippy-slaying machine gun?

(That was a JOKE for all the hypersensitive bearded female protestors out there)

Hahahah :D Awesome

Looking at the poll so far, it seems that the vast majority is in favour of this war :) Good to see!!!! :D

Permabanned
I'm just wondering what the reason for the sudden shift in peoples opinion on the war? I always thought the majority of the UK was against it... Is it just the fact that people are thinking "its gonna happen, so i might as well agree?"

I personnaly voted No, and am supprised by the result. My brother-in-law is currently in Kuwait and I am obviously going to support our troups when the conflict starts. I know that the only thing my sister wants is her husband to come home in one piece.

Heres the results of the channel 4 poll... "Now that Britain has abandoned efforts to achieve a second resolution on Iraq, do you support military action?"

Channel 4 News - 34% Yes 66% No

Soldato
Originally posted by Toast
Heres the results of the channel 4 poll... "Now that Britain has abandoned efforts to achieve a second resolution on Iraq, do you support military action?"

Channel 4 News - 34% Yes 66% No
Channel4? haha :D BBC1 at least would have been worth something.
I was born in Kuwait and lived there for a number of years before moving to the UK.
Saddam needs to be removed, NOW. Before he "decides" to invade another random country for no reason other than personal greed.

Last edited:
Soldato
why are you guys looking for what people say? public opinion can be asily manupilated (im included :p) so at the end we should just stick to why we believe this war should or should not happen, and i think we have 2 days to do that!

p.s. tony nice to see ya here! :D

Soldato
it was gonna happen one day anyway with the us pushing it and saddam having some suspect stuff and un accounted stuff. Lets face it Tony, and George have more information than we do on it and obviously will not share it. Both are rational men (well reasonably) and would not go nuts to start unessercary war (other wise I'm sure we would be kicking Frances ass by now over the British Beef thing)

At least this way we have the initiative to do the job and hoepfully it will be quick and clean rather than a lot of nations squareing up to each other as it goes through the UN. I just hope Iraq does not end up being another site for US bases/ country run for the benefit of the US.

I hope it does not got to bush's head and that diplomatic means can sort out stuff like North Korea now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom