Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

No Ultrawide support on release that's pretty poor and disappointing, ultrawide coming as a "free update" in S1, could this be an indication they are rushing out an unfinished game.

No Ultrawide support on release that's pretty poor and disappointing, ultrawide coming as a "free update" in S1, could this be an indication they are rushing out an unfinished game.

It could, or it could just be an indication that ultra wide isn't as popular as some people think it is.

I'm not tempted by the extremely short campaign, 40-50 hours should be the standard!
Nah 10-20 hrs depending on gameplay is good for me. Never finishing anything that long otherwise in terms of a campaign. If you add the 6 PvE missions for another 3hrs on the 12hrs or so it meant to be that just about right in time. However would like more PvE stuff which know coming later on.

It could, or it could just be an indication that ultra wide isn't as popular as some people think it is.

Has nothing to do with how popular people consider UW to be. It's obviosuly important enough for them to announce it is coming in the weeks after launch and seems like a pretty simple thing that should be in on launch.

This togther with reports that online were not working during the closed playtest a few weeks ago, I have my concerns but have it pre-ordered on steam so protected there I guess.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with how popular people consider UW to be. It's obviosuly important enough for them to announce it is coming in the weeks after launch and seems like a pretty simple thing that should be in on launch.

This togther with reports that online were not working during the closed playtest a few weeks ago, I have my concerns but have it pre-ordered on steam so protected there I guess.

Wukong didn't have it either, It's not like this is uncommon so I don't think it's a big deal personally.
Also lol at 'concerns' but pre-ordered.

Last edited:
Wukong didn't have it either, It's not like this is uncommon so I don't think it's a big deal personally.
Also lol at 'concerns' but pre-ordered.

It did, I was playing it in Ultrawide on day one.

I've had this pre-ordered for ages, I loved the first one and hope this will be the same, but as I said I now have concerns but on steam you can refund so no risk.

In the past I've pre-ordered games and for the most part I've been happy, in most cases if you pre-order early enough there used to be a saving. But now, and despite thinking that SM2 is a safe bet I've been burnt to many times (SSKTJL, Redfall....) so will take a wait and see approach.

1cb696ec0f06e27ac2b0951cc64b04cfdf16b264.jpg

46e95b4a522a9cf95003578f2a8f44221cbffd4c.jpg

Folks... I think, I've committed a sin? I pre-ordered the gold version for my PlayStation 5. So, not sure if I made the right move. Kind of wanted to own this game as a physical copy rather than a digital, steel book case etc. Miss the days you could do this on PC!

thats wrong Wukong did have 21:9 support and a hex mod enabled 32:9 support as i completed the game with zero issues in 32:9 aspect ratio!

Thanks for the correction. I remember during my one month of having an ultrawide the very first game I tried didn't support it and I think that's probably what killed off my enthusiasm.
Now I've got a screen which I can choose to have it in an ultrawide format if I wish. But yeah I don't ever.

Last edited:
Folks... I think, I've committed a sin? I pre-ordered the gold version for my PlayStation 5. So, not sure if I made the right move. Kind of wanted to own this game as a physical copy rather than a digital, steel book case etc. Miss the days you could do this on PC!
Yup, thats it now, you'll be off peoples Christmas card lists, preordering puts you above Putin and Trump on the publics most hated lists :D

PS5 performance looks sus. 1080p “up to” 60fps. Or 4K 30fps :eek:

Back
Top Bottom