Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

PC Gamer don't like it:

TBF I did consider this, in that it would get very samey and I suspect that is why they made a short campaign. I suspect a sharp discount on this game before xmas.

Also: Reminder that PCGAMER gave SW Outlaws 75%.

Last edited:
PC Gamer don't like it:

Performance looks a little rough. Hopefully can tune it for a near 100fps on my 7800xt.

IMG-0670.jpg

TBF I did consider this, in that it would get very samey and I suspect that is why they made a short campaign. I suspect a sharp discount on this game before xmas.

Also: Reminder that PCGAMER gave SW Outlaws 75%.
I think it depends how much they keep up with the content, Left 4 Dead, Vermintide 2, Remnant 2 , Helldivers 2 etc, were all games that would get samey, but all were superb titles, especially Vermintide 1 and 2 which was immense fun in co-op with all the added content over time. Space Marine 2 seems a lot like those in that its post release content/schedule is going to be as important , if not more so, as its release content.

I think it depends how much they keep up with the content, Left 4 Dead, Vermintide 2, Remnant 2 , Helldivers 2 etc, were all games that would get samey, but all were superb titles, especially Vermintide 1 and 2 which was immense fun in co-op with all the added content over time. Space Marine 2 seems a lot like those in that its post release content/schedule is going to be as important , if not more so, as its release content.

Yeah but as you know, I wouldn't be playing co-op so only the SP pve content has any value for me. Which is why I'll wait until it's cheap.

TBF, they've done a good job with WarZ (IMO).

I used to love them, decades ago. PC Gamer and PC Zone were my go-to's, but one is essentially fallen to history and the other is about as much use for reviews now as 7GN is

I recall one of the writers was exceptional, Kieron Gillen. He is now a comic book author I believe.

Technically it's a pre-order......but does it really count if the reviews are out, my luck with pre-orders has to change at some point? Brought the Gold edition, so ready to get caught up in all the hype now ;)

I still don't get people saying the campaign is short or too short. 8-10 hours for a single player story mode used to be normal and fine.

I've not got time these days for 25+ hour games. Even 10 hours usually takes me a while to get through with not having loads of time for gaming.

I still don't get people saying the campaign is short or too short. 8-10 hours for a single player story mode used to be normal and fine.

I've not got time these days for 25+ hour games. Even 10 hours usually takes me a while to get through with not having loads of time for gaming.
I guess it varies from player to player, it seems that many are reporting that the campaign length is closer to 6 hours than 8-10 hours. I wouldnt say that 6-10 hours is "too" short per se, but for me it is at least "short". If its 6 hours then its entirely possible that when I start playing this evening I might well end up finishing the campaign before I go to bed tonight and for me, to complete a campaign in 1 day would be short. Even if I dont complete the campaign tonight, at 6-10 hours, I would certainly complete it by the end of the night tomorrow night.

However the flip to that, is that I have played many games where the campaign has been 8-10 hours but a good enough campaign that its been a good 8-10 hours, so a quality 8-10 hours is better than a meh 20+ hours.....though of course a quality 20+ hours would still be better than a quality 8-10 hours :D

Ultimately though, the draw of this game for me isnt the campaign anyway but the co-op, what the content there is like and how well/quickly it is added to, is the primary factor for me

If the campaign is 6-8hrs then I'll be happy, if the endgame operations or whatever allows me to dip in and out and just have a blast for 30-40mins whenever I want then that's also good enough for me. Can't see my playing the PvP, I do a little PvP on Destiny 2 but that's mostly because you're forced that route to get upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom