Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

Hey!! Just saying they were popular so not surprising the made (another game with them as the protagonists). After ploughing through all of Gaunt's Ghosts i'm more of a guard man myself...i just wish Darktide was a bit better/more polished

No I know, I just wish they'd break away from the ultra/space marines safety net, though I absolutely understand why they do.

Just a shame that 75% of the setting/factions get cameo roles. DOW 2 was good though.

Which of those dozen plays like Space Marine?

I'd love a game similar set in HH, I don't think they've done a game in that setting yet, probably not 'safe' enough,
Aye fair. Was discussion of just 40k games was all but yeah if you want SM2 in another version out of interest what would you go with?

Not another SM chapter as that would be waste and really not change anything up orher than the colour of armour. I'm not sure just making it HH would change much either?

I would have enjoyed them making a story based on decent of angels book from the HH series. It would be fun to see dark angel smash up techno barbarian knights lol.

Aye fair. Was discussion of just 40k games was all but yeah if you want SM2 in another version out of interest what would you go with?

Not another SM chapter as that would be waste and really not change anything up orher than the colour of armour. I'm not sure just making it HH would change much either?

I would have enjoyed them making a story based on decent of angels book from the HH series. It would be fun to see dark angel smash up techno barbarian knights lol.

Gosh that's a tough question to be honest. I almost wonder if you could have a game like Space Marine but with much shorter chapters. Almost like self-contained short stories or an overarching one played from different perspectives. Rogue Trader was the most 'grim dark/ game I've played tbh, I think narrative stuff suits it.
I think HH could be cool if it was on something like the Siege Of Terra, loads of Titans etc about, pure carnage. As much as I like the 40K setting, I've really been drawn to AoS lately and WH fantasy.

Last edited:
Gosh that's a tough question to be honest. I almost wonder if you could have a game like Space Marine but with much shorter chapters. Almost like self-contained short stories or an overarching one played from different perspectives. Rogue Trader was the most 'grim dark/ game I've played tbh, I think narrative stuff suits it.
I think HH could be cool if it was on something like the Siege Of Terra, loads of Titans etc about, pure carnage. As much as I like the 40K setting, I've really been drawn to AoS lately and WH fantasy.
Could do with a third person Witcher type gameplay and story and lore rich rpg where you play as an inquisitor that travels around planets where do have the chance to see all the species.

Aye yeah I'd to see some sort Siege of Terra but I'm not sure if a SM2 style game or a DoW style game would be best for it.

I haven't got into AoS at all tbh. Back in day lizard men in old world was my thing and then it went meh. Did enjoy a lot of total war though just to see all the cool units in such a game.

Could do with a third person Witcher type gameplay and story and lore rich rpg where you play as an inquisitor that travels around planets where do have the chance to see all the species.
Yeah honestly Cain or Eisenhorn as an RPG would be ace and then Cavill could have done the series on Amazon to match that all up so you'd have the book, game and series all done.

That would cover lots of different lore and species. Whomever was studio that did CGI for Halo series on paramount would have been good for 40k as they got those models and movements solid even if story and choreography was not best.

Aye yeah I'd to see some sort Siege of Terra but I'm not sure if a SM2 style game or a DoW style game would be best for it.

I haven't got into AoS at all tbh. Back in day lizard men in old world was my thing and then it went meh. Did enjoy a lot of total war though just to see all the cool units in such a game.

Yeah I panicked because I wasn't expecting to have to elaborate :cry:
I think the point is there is so much potential with it. I just wish they would do more/ better though this one should be good at least.

Back
Top Bottom