Warhammer 40k book recommendations

Well only 200 pages left till Fulgrim. Im really enjoying and i think its my favourite book so far. Ive ordered the next book Descent Of Angels, going by the description it sounds quite interesting and is about a different space marine chapter.
Anyway it should come next week, by then ill have finished Fulgrim, cant wait.

Currently on page 181 on Descent Of Angels so far its pretty good. Its more like a templar book than a horus heresy novel let alone a warhammer book. It really is like reading a seperate book to the HH series, i know that it will tie into the HH series as i get further on.
I noticed there was some hate about this book saying its the weakest of the HH series. I hope your right cause im enjoying it, so that leaves the rest of the series to be awesome:D

Finished Descent of Angels, really enjoyed it. I hope that they go back to the characters in another book later on.
Im really looking forward to reading the next book which is Legion. Its also the second book in the series Dan Abnett wrote so it should be pretty awesome:D

Did you really enjoy this? I wanted to find the author and axe murder him after he wrote such garbage about my favourite chspter :o

most of all I hated the preamble by one of the charcters saying "blah blah I'll tell you the truth it's not about jealousy between Lion and his buddy" then the whole book proved that it was just that :o urgh it gets me mad again thinking about it :p

Yes i did enjoy most of the book without giving spoilers the ending is a bit of a let down. And im not sure but i got quite a few books to go before they get to the dark angels again.

Halfway through Legion, so far i think its ok. Im finding it abit hard to fully understand all the deception and im not 100% on all the characters i cant seem to remember all of them. But i do like the Alpha Legion there quite different than any other chapter ive read so far.

Ordered Battle to the Abyss, kinda dreading reading it as ive hear very few positives from anyone about this book.

Finished Legion which i have to say has to be the weakest book so far. It was still really good but didnt get good till the last half of the book.

Currently on page 135 chapter 7 on Battle to the Abyss, and i have to say its pretty good.

Well i finished Battle to the Abyss last night and i have to say i really enjoyed it. Infact i thought it was better than Legion, it was great to read about a certain new space marine chapter.
Got the nex book, Mechanicum on its way im sure it will be pretty damn good.

Finished reading Mechanicum last night and i have to say i really enjoyed it. Ive got Tales of heresy on its way so im looking forward to some more space marine battles.

Finished reading Tales Of Heresy last week, i have to say some of the short stories in there were really good. My copy of the next book arrived yesturday which is Fallen Angels. I read three chapters, so far it seems okay but its too early to tell yet. This is the first proper Dark Angels book as there other one (Descent Of Angels) wasnt really them as Dark Angels till near the end.

Last edited:
About 110 pages left on Fallen Angels, and i have to say its turned into a very good book and made the Dark Angels sound very interesting, cant wait to see how it ends.
Ordered A Thousand Sons lastnight so hopefully by the time it arrives ill finish Fallen Angels.

Last edited:
so far the books that you guys seem to recommend reading that i like the sound of besides HH are:

Eisenhorn *Read before Ravenor*
Ravenor
Gaunts Ghost
Titanicus
The Ultramarines Ominibus
Space Wolf Ominubus
Blood Angels omnibuses
Soul Hunter
Battle of the Fang

So i think thats basically it, have i listed any real stinkers in there, or is there a book or series that i must add to that list?
For me thats got to be like 4 years worth of reading there as i only read when im on a morning shift as i go bed early and read for an hour.

Last edited:
Still currently reading A thousand sons then i got to read another 2 books after that before reaching Prosperus Burns. I noticed theres a book called Battle of the Fang that seems to be a follow on to the space wolves and magnus the red story is it worth reading after Prosperus Burns?

Still currently reading A thousand sons then i got to read another 2 books after that before reaching Prosperus Burns. I noticed theres a book called Battle of the Fang that seems to be a follow on to the space wolves and magnus the red story is it worth reading after Prosperus Burns?

anyone :)

So hows my list looking now:
Eisenhorn *Read before Ravenor*
Ravenor
Gaunts Ghost
Titanicus
The Ultramarines Ominibus
Space Wolf Ominubus
Blood Angels omnibuses
Soul Hunter
Battle of the Fang
Grey Knights Omnibus