Warhammer 40k : Rogue Trader - The people behind Pathfinder do WH40K

Soldato
Having good fun on this until PC went kuput and don't want to run it on a older PC.

Combat is similar to wasteland 3 I played recently which is a game I also like. feels slightly simplified vs WOTR but not in a bad way. It runs pretty smooth at 4k with a 3090 with most settings cranked up. Lots of nice events spread out inbetween and travelling between planets at your own place is nice.

PC going boom is a good excuse to pause here and wait for full build now I think too.

Man of Honour
OP
Was great to see that although I'm a bit worried what state it's in vs BG3. As that comparison will be direct and painful I feel. Game still looks great and any good 40k games are only a positive.
It wont be close to as polished as BG3, whilst Larian arent a AAA company, Owlcat are even more of an indie company. They wont have near the resources available to Larian. As long as its on par with Pathfinder 1 and 2, I'll be happy.

Man of Honour
OP
I can't find it anywhere but I'm sure I've seen them say it was going to be a 24 release.
Makes sense to do a 2024 release to be honest, would be bonkers planning to release a CRPG so soon after Baldurs Gate 3 and Starfield. Give it a bit of breathing space, let the hype and excitement of those playing BG3 and Starfield die down and reach its natural conclusion as they finish up those games and release at a time where you can then be the "next" title that those who liked BG3/Starfield move onto in the RPG genre. If it was me, I'd go for a March release, nice 6 month gap between BG3/Starfield and Rogue Trader.

Soldato
Releasing this year! 7th December :D

:eek: Oh wow, just in time I expect once I finished starfield and another BG3 run-through. Had a good 10 or so hours with early access and will be good fun I expect. Right up most people who liked BG3, WOTR etc/

Soldato
Awesome, BG3, Starfield and Rogue Trader all within a 4 month period. The end of 2023 is really good for RPG gamers
It is good, I just hope it doesn't impact the sales however and make devs/publishers not think its worth it (ignoring the fact the market is saturated by 3 big titles).

It wouldn't be the first time it happened. The 40k universe really lends itself to being experienced though.

Back
Top Bottom