Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Associate
I was up until 3 playing this yesterday, really enjoying! Only used my Ogryn so far but being able to turn him into a melee wrecking ball is great. Still need to workout the best build but the game is fantastic. It could do with a few more maps but overall I'm happy I've revisited.

Generally played with competent randoms which helps loads, even at 4th tier, although a few rounds were comical and the team was wiped so quickly. My mates have jumped back in however so I foresee many more hours krumping in the name of the emperor!

The psykers are fantastic to play with, the crowd paralysing skills are incredibly effective, so much easier to cope with the plague hound packs.

One thing I note is how demanding the game is, have mostly medium/some high settings at 1440p and while it's generally achieving 90-120 FPS at times it drops down to the 70s. I'm not sure why but the game just doesn't feel as smooth as it should, could be a result of recently having only played on my OLED or at higher FPS on the monitor.
Try messing about with Vsync and worker threads. I think one of those made my game more jittery in either Darktide or Vermintide 2. I know I've got vsync off in both games but forced on in NVCP. Worker threads I seem to remember people saying to both raise and lower it for Vermintide 2 to make it run smoother, there didn't seem to be a one size fits all answer for it.

I've been playing some Vermintide 2 since they've released the new class on that (when the game wants to work) and I'd forgot how much harder it is than Darktide IMO.

Associate
Try messing about with Vsync and worker threads. I think one of those made my game more jittery in either Darktide or Vermintide 2. I know I've got vsync off in both games but forced on in NVCP. Worker threads I seem to remember people saying to both raise and lower it for Vermintide 2 to make it run smoother, there didn't seem to be a one size fits all answer for it.

I've been playing some Vermintide 2 since they've released the new class on that (when the game wants to work) and I'd forgot how much harder it is than Darktide IMO.
Thanks, v-sync doesn't seem to have made any difference but I'll try messing with the worker threads.

Have to say this is hard enough for me on T4!

Soldato
I do feel like it runs better now than at launch though. I'd honestly like to see what difference a 7800x3d would do... and 4090!! I've just started playing level 4 and it's a challenge. Ransoms are good though I find, I'm probably the worst running off to find plastered all the time!!

Associate
I do feel like it runs better now than at launch though. I'd honestly like to see what difference a 7800x3d would do... and 4090!! I've just started playing level 4 and it's a challenge. Ransoms are good though I find, I'm probably the worst running off to find plastered all the time!!
I felt improvements when I came back around May time to benchmark some games before an upgrade. I do think this game and it's predecessors love the CPU.

Back then with a 5930k and a 2080ti, everything cranked apart from ray tracing it was getting me between 50-90fps depending on the situation, bit of stutter too.

I jumped to a 7800x3d, kept the same GPU for now and it runs very smooth, it's more like 80-120fps.

Funnier still when I went back to Vermintide 2 to test there, the average fps on the benchmark doubled. Went from something like 120>240fps.

Soldato
I felt improvements when I came back around May time to benchmark some games before an upgrade. I do think this game and it's predecessors love the CPU.

Back then with a 5930k and a 2080ti, everything cranked apart from ray tracing it was getting me between 50-90fps depending on the situation, bit of stutter too.

I jumped to a 7800x3d, kept the same GPU for now and it runs very smooth, it's more like 80-120fps.

Funnier still when I went back to Vermintide 2 to test there, the average fps on the benchmark doubled. Went from something like 120>240fps.

My 5800x3d works well tbh, but maybe I could jump when zen5 is out... I can tune my ram in the meantime

Associate
I'm running the 5800x3d and it's been great in most games and a real noticeable improvement over what I had in the past. I've been surprised with how many games happily use the extra cpu grunt.

New map, Keystone skills for the Veteran, hearing about a load of new weapons as well.

Associate
I'm running the 5800x3d and it's been great in most games and a real noticeable improvement over what I had in the past. I've been surprised with how many games happily use the extra cpu grunt.

New map, Keystone skills for the Veteran, hearing about a load of new weapons as well.

I've been playin a veteran since getting my Ogryn to level 30 so I'm looking forward to this! New maps are always welcome too.

Back
Top Bottom