Warhammer Darktide Reveal

I think this is good news. I've been holding off playing (Warzone takes a bunch of time up anyhow) hopefully they'll get something together over the next couple of weeks. It would be great if RT could be a bit more granular at the moment it feels like anything just kills FPS

wow a very honest self-reflection from the boss there. I think its a great sign that they want to invest dev time to create a great game. I'm loving it but havent put in a huge amount of time yet so will hold out!

It's good to hear something as I'm surprised there's not been more patches so far.

I also have effecitly stopped playing, only the odd game with friends now and then. I don't have the interest currently to grind out the other classes or go for different weapon types. I still want a better melee apart from the dagger I'm using but it works well. Did get a 380 base stat gun though. Not the best stats that could have been at 80% but it's not far off.

I'm sure fatshark will sort it out, but i really feel that the review bombing its taken on steam is a little over the top for what is fundamentally a good game.

That and I was looking forward to playing with friends on Xbox and that's doing to be a ways off now.

I think the review bombing is justified tbh. They released the game under the promise of crafting being added fully by the end of the year, and a suggestion of constant hotfixes and such. We had that for 2 weeks after release, then Fatshark went MIA and haven't responded to any concerns or criticism, and have delayed giving out company updates all month. I expect there is some explanation internally, pressures from the higher ups on what to delivery, prioritise monetisation or whatever... But if it is fully down to Fatshark, they've screwed up over the past month.

The base game is solid, but some of the mechanics, balance and bugs are pretty poor, and they appear to have learnt nothing from what worked well in Vermintide. I think the community is giving them such a grilling because of just how good the base gameplay is makes it all the more frustrating that the mission selection is frustrating and the shop and crafting are a bit of an insult to gamers.

I hope they sort the game out, before it dies completely. I'd definitely like to play more of it.

Massive Warhammer fan, (although fantasy battle - now AoS) Worth playing? - Seems its taking a beating on reviews.
You're best off jumping into Vermintide 2 now - which is a great game if you prefer Fantasy.

Darktide sounds like it's going to get some improvements and will be worth coming back to soon

You're best off jumping into Vermintide 2 now - which is a great game if you prefer Fantasy.

Darktide sounds like it's going to get some improvements and will be worth coming back to soon

Cheers for that, already have it and just finished the Sisters of Battle VR game - Will wait a little for the price to go down a touch on Dartide before i take the plunge then :)

Didnt the same thing happen with Vermintide 2? Bad launch even tho they had all the feedback and released a similar statement.

Year or so later patched it to what it should have been like at launch.

Didnt the same thing happen with Vermintide 2? Bad launch even tho they had all the feedback and released a similar statement.

Year or so later patched it to what it should have been like at launch.
I don't think V2 had a great launch, but IIRC it was much better than this.

New patch.

It's a chunky patch... I got half way through the patch notes and was already losing track of the amount of changes. Think I'll just recheck all my character next time I play and enjoy it, rather than trying to rush into optimising anything. Looking forward to seeing how the new crafting is, hopefully it's put the game where it should have been on launch.

Glanced throug the notes and that's a good patch.

Wargear sets, buying specific weapon types, crafting and a big one for sheer time investment, lowered requirements for the weekly quests and crafting. Hazah!

Bit of a thread necro but there's been multiple patches and new content added. And the next patch is quite big. Two new missions, new enemy subboss, cosmetics and a ton of fixes.

They've also hinted that crossplay is expected to be available soon⟨™⟩. ;)

Resurecting this a bit because they've finally released crossplay. Steam and gamepass can now play together! :D

Patch notes for June29th.

On Steam: Players can matchmake, add friends, and join players from Steam and the Microsoft Store, in our Cross-Network Servers. Players cannot opt out of Crossplay.
On the MS Store: Players can matchmake, add friends, and join players from Steam and the Microsoft Store, in our Cross-Network Servers. Players can opt out of Crossplay through their Microsoft account settings.

Currently players cannot move their progress, DLCs (such as Imperial Edition) or Aquilas from one platform to another.

Back
Top Bottom