Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Permabanned
Omg looks amazing will pre order based on CGI alone!!!!

One year later...

Oh my god this game sux!!! I want my money back if only i had known this company has a history of doing this and only making great games after a massive fail and money grab like Rome II or Empire Totalwar. This will be such a walk over they will not even have to roll out Craig and Will to de-fraud them!! :D

Soldato
Isn't it only Rome 2 that had issues? I had no problem with their previous games.

r2 particularly suffered although naturally the other games had problems.

Attila had a better more reasonable release (as actual state of the game) although there's lots of muttering about DLC.

I'm interested in this but no mention of chaos as one of the 4 factions and it just being a release trailer hasnt started the hype train yet

Soldato
Empire Total War had some pretty significant problems when that came out, I remember that being the main TW game that people complained about. Personally, I had no issues with Rome 2 other than the AI being a bit rubbish. I'm confident that CW have got back on track with their quality control after playing Attila TW for a significant amount of time. Their DLC policy is another issue altogether though, they're taking the **** with that.

Soldato
Empire Total War had some pretty significant problems when that came out, I remember that being the main TW game that people complained about.
Oh def. The earlier releases weren't perfect, RTW had bugs and problems aplenty and the move to a 3d map enraged some very vocal people. R2TW gets most of the stick now though and it is widely acknowledged to be a poor release.

I agree with you though, Attila was a improvement and I hope they continue.

My main concern is no mention of chaos as part of the faction list.

Soldato
Oh def. The earlier releases weren't perfect, RTW had bugs and problems aplenty and the move to a 3d map enraged some very vocal people. R2TW gets most of the stick now though and it is widely acknowledged to be a poor release.

I agree with you though, Attila was a improvement and I hope they continue.

My main concern is no mention of chaos as part of the faction list.

Wasn't that a Lord of Change at the end of the announcement trailer? I'd imagine chaos would be highly likely to be in there

Associate
This is going to be using the tired, old 32-bit TW3 engine that has been ruining Total War games since Empire. Poor unit mass and AI, combined with 1 vs 1 combat for a melee-based mass battle game like Warhammer? No thanks.

The game has also been confirmed as having zero modding support, as to be expected when you combine Sega's DLC sales paradigm with Games Workshop's shameless price gouging. If I sound bitter, it's because I am.

Associate
I'm interested in this but no mention of chaos as one of the 4 factions and it just being a release trailer hasnt started the hype train yet

http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-officially-announced-with-trailer/
Creative Assembly isn't just announcing Total War: Warhammer, but also two additional standalone expansions. They claim it will be a trilogy of games that, combined with extra content packs, will "create the single largest Total War experience ever"

Trilogy. You can bet additonal factions show up either via DLC or in the following titles.

Soldato
Associate
The engine seems stable now after all the patches, your more likely to get problems if they did bring out a new engine.

It's not the stability of the engine that I have issue with, it's the way that combat is modelled. The TW3 engine was designed for ranged musket warfare rather than melee combat, and as such still cannot effectively model the imapct of massed infantry crashing together in close combat. Instead we get a 1 vs 1 scenario where combatants dance around waiting for a slot to open up.

Soldato
I still have zero faith this will be any good, so at least I can be pleasantly surprised and not terribly let down.

That is my exact strategy for TW games and has been for years. NEVER pre-order: instead, wait six months for the bug fixes and mods to come out, by that time it'll be pennies on Steam too.

Then, sit back and relax. :)

Soldato
Maybe they have some plan for how the Chaos faction will work, similar to how the Mongols worked in M2TW with the invasion.

Yeah possibly or maybe a rebel faction influenced by heresy? Again like M2TW's religious heresy mechanic.

It'll be interesting to see how they can play out but this wont be like a normal TW game. I imagine GW collaboration will have quite a few cavats and design influences.

Soldato
That is my exact strategy for TW games and has been for years. NEVER pre-order: instead, wait six months for the bug fixes and mods to come out, by that time it'll be pennies on Steam too.

Then, sit back and relax. :)

This! Plus all the DLC will be included. Let the frothy-mouthed people iron out the bugs in the paid beta :)

Back
Top Bottom