Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Caporegime
No its a unit pack basically.

Hmm, I read it was playable... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-22-you-can-play-as-chaos-in-total-war-warhammer

Also here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/22/total-war-warhammer-release-date/

The Chaos Warriors Race Pack brings a new race with its own new Legendary Lords, units, mounts, items, quest chains and mechanics to Total War™: WARHAMMER®, such as:

• Three new playable Legendary Lords.
• New Chaos Warrior mounts, units and monsters.
• New quests, magic items and abilities.
• New horde campaign playstyle.

Associate
Yeah I went and did some Digging.
It adds tonnes of new facets to make Chaos a truly Playble race.
Comees INCLUDED if you Pre-Order and is available as DLC purchase after.

I no longer pre-order anything as (F U game industry) but with Steam Refunds now, one could pre-order this to "reserve" the pre-order bonus, then just refund if it's a buggy mess as usual per CA releases.

That said, I've little doubt CDKyes + buying the DLC separately will be cheaper than a pre-order come April next year.

Caporegime
yep im wrong misread it, so that's good news in a way. shame its dlc and should be part of the game already. But hey ho, I love total war games.

Agree but I think also the issue is that as games get more complex, the effort of creating a race of this detail causes a hell of a lot of development time. If they had tried to develop all the races then the game would have likely been finished in 2018.

The best we can hope for is that they keep making races as dlc and don't charge the earth for them...

Soldato
OP
Good point and not forgetting they are making two more games that compliment this one. So there could be 4 factions in each game so that's 8 were getting from the other two. Plus dlc races like CA are famous for now.

Man of Honour
I just want to forge a bad-ass general. Please no more of that AWFUL retarded card thing from Rome 2. Totally ruined the game for me.

Agreed, and the fact that they died after a few turns of old age! There was something special about building up a mighty general in the original Rome that could change the outcome of the battle.

Soldato
The worst combination really, games workshop are renowned for bleeding people with DLC & exorbitant costs - locking down content with no mods & CA for the whole DLC train.

I'll likely still get it as I've been playing the total war series for years since Shogun the original - I'm just really disappointed that they have essentially killed off mods for this game from what I've read.

I was a regular modder for Rome 2 & would love to create a whole array of new units for a Warhammer total war game.

Caporegime
The worst combination really, games workshop are renowned for bleeding people with DLC & exorbitant costs - locking down content with no mods & CA for the whole DLC train.

I'll likely still get it as I've been playing the total war series for years since Shogun the original - I'm just really disappointed that they have essentially killed off mods for this game from what I've read.

I was a regular modder for Rome 2 & would love to create a whole array of new units for a Warhammer total war game.

The TW2 engine essentially killed off mods, and TWW is using the same engine... hence why the mods will be uber limited.

Soldato
Rome 2 has a pretty good modding community, while you are limited in regards to new models, you would be surprised as to how much you can edit & combine existing ones (by removing sections of the visible texture & combining existing parts/recolouring).

I've made numerous new unique looking armour sets by stripping components of larger models & incorporating them into base sections. The bigger problem for Warhammer Total War is that I doubt Games Workshop will allow any modding at all, which is something I've read is likely.

Caporegime
Rome 2 has a pretty good modding community, while you are limited in regards to new models, you would be surprised as to how much you can edit & combine existing ones (by removing sections of the visible texture & combining existing parts/recolouring).

I've made numerous new unique looking armour sets by stripping components of larger models & incorporating them into base sections. The bigger problem for Warhammer Total War is that I doubt Games Workshop will allow any modding at all, which is something I've read is likely.

Modding existing in limited ways is one thing (and also good, I'm not knocking it), but the big issue imo is really adding units and new races in a meaningful way.

However considering that we all know Games Workshop have the worst business practises of any company in their industry and likely beyond, I guess it's a moot point.

Associate
IS there any movement on convincing CA to add the Chaos Armies as actual content, not bonus DLC? The fact they had them ready to "sell" at least 6 months before release, but aren't part of the base game, really grinds my gears, hate to reward that type of marketeering... but the game looks super awesome.:eek:

Associate
not having played any TW game before but this looks awesome. How much micro managing do you have to do with an army? It looks like total bedlam when it kicks off

Associate
Its unfortunate that DLC exists but I suppose it would be missed opportunity for business if they don't do it.

Saying that I have just purchased all the Attila DLC factions and I am finding it really good. Suppose for my sakes I feel that DLC gives it a new lease of life the game since I played it to death.

But regarding Warhammer....................................HOLY OMFG JESUS GIMME NOW <3 <3.

Does anyone know the confirmed factions so far?
Dwarves
Orcs
Empire?

Associate
I no longer pre-order anything as (F U game industry) but with Steam Refunds now, one could pre-order this to "reserve" the pre-order bonus, then just refund if it's a buggy mess as usual per CA releases.

That said, I've little doubt CDKyes + buying the DLC separately will be cheaper than a pre-order come April next year.

Yup. £22 on CD Keys right now, that less than half Steams price.
Still holding off on a pre-order though, CA's track record reads poorly for launches.

Back
Top Bottom