Warhammer Warcry

Soldato
OP
Purely from my experience, I have never used the chaotic beasts and I don't believe the terrain is a must have. It's like AoS - having proper terrain is awesome, but if not, use anything you've got. It enhances the game, but isn't a requirement. If all you have access to is some books and a couple of soda cans, you can still have a game! Just skip the terrain cards.

I just think that with a bit of imagination, you can get by with the core rule book, two warbands and some dice. Everything else is fluff. Admittedly, amazing fluff which makes things a lot better :D

Soldato
Been Warhammer busy of late. Got Warcry for £85 delivered, managed to sell on the manual, tokens and cards I bought from ebay (Bought before I decided I couldnt do without the complete starter set).
Bought a load of contrast paints to get the models done fairly quickly. Also put all my Citadel paints into droppers with glass beads. It was a learning experience getting the paints into droppers. I found using a syringe and flow improver to be a great help, was amazed to see how much the paint in the pots had solidified in the bottom.
Got 36 free, yes FREE, coloro bushes from Humbrol (My go to brush)! Had some problems with some I bought and they sent me years worth of brushes.
Now I'm starting on the terrain. Primed black, dusting of white, then heavy wash of Deathguard Green then some lighter dry brushing of various greys/white. Still a lot to do.
Exciting times!

Soldato
Not sure how long its been since I bought Warcry, possibly a month and a half. I've got everything painted apart from the Untaimed Beasts. I've just found a company called Alchemists Workshops and I have ordered a load more Warcry stuff, and some contrast paints. They are slightly cheaper than Wayland Games and since Magic Mad House upped their prices I thought I would give them ago.

Back
Top Bottom