• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[Warning Fudzilla] GeCube HD 2900XT beats 8800GTS 640MB

Soldato
OP
helmutcheese said:
I just think the more you torture yourself the worst it gets (IMO), being there with "did I get right kit etc" many times.

I've made one, yes one thread about getting a GTX as I wanted to step up past the GTS/2900 level, nothing about regretting purchasing it.

helmutcheese said:
You can do whatever you like, you seem a nice guy, beta testing means little, I did same for MS and I'm no expert on software.

When you speak to AMD daily about what the 2900 has in store and get defined answers about its ARC it means a lot, well to me anyway

helmutcheese said:
If the card runs game the way you are happy thats all that matters, I have others on my case as I have Raptors and a 8800 Ultra, you dont see me telling anyone not to buy them if they can afford.

It does. Depending on how some of the bigger releases perform on this card later this year will I know that im keeping it for the long run. If they perform how I want then great.

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
Ok, I'll stop making threads about the card I own, since when have you seen a person that owns a nvidia card make an ATi thread anyway, also the fact I am a beta tester means I get a lot of the information first hand. NO body on here is totally unbiased. But Ok even though it creates good discussion I'll stop and give myself a slap on the wrist. :o

no don;t stop altogether, thats not gonna solve anything.
all i want to know is why you post links to reviews then tell me not to believe them.

i didn;t say anything to you about stop making new ati threads. so don;t even go there.

i just want to know why you say a review which shows benchmarks of the 2900 beating the gts is a legit review but the second the review shows the 2900 being beat you then say not to trust the review.
iv read all the reviews you have posted and it just seems to me that you say reviews are good where the 2900 is the winner and in that same review turn the page it shows stalker or some other benchmarks where the 2900 is the looser you make it sound as iff only thing to trust is benchmarks that show the 2900 beating the gts. any benchmark that shows the gts winning is not trustworthy.
hmm you can see why i get a suss as to what you say.

how can i put it, there is being biased, there is also being fanboy, now the new extreme is being a TomNbk :D :D

:p

Soldato
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
no don;t stop altogether, thats not gonna solve anything.
all i want to know is why you post links to reviews then tell me not to believe them.

i didn;t say anything to you about stop making new ati threads. so don;t even go there.

i just want to know why you say a review which shows benchmarks of the 2900 beating the gts is a legit review but the second the review shows the 2900 being beat you then say not to trust the review.
iv read all the reviews you have posted and it just seems to me that you say reviews are good where the 2900 is the winner and in that same review turn the page it shows stalker or some other benchmarks where the 2900 is the looser you make it sound as iff only thing to trust is benchmarks that show the 2900 beating the gts. any benchmark that shows the gts winning is not trustworthy.
hmm you can see why i get a suss as to what you say.

how can i put it, there is being biased, there is also being fanboy, now the new extreme is being a TomNbk :D :D

:p

The fact that S.T.A.L.K.E.R is a very unpredictable game also. God knows why they even bothered comparing with that (one of the shoddiest coded games in a long time) maybe even worse than R6V Mav ;) . FPS was up one minute and down the other with both my GTS/2900 it all depends on the scenes being rendered in game and a nuber of other reasons. This is all im trying to get across don't trust reviews with S.T.A.L.K.E.R as the benchmark, I think you didn't get the full point I was trying to get across. :rolleyes:

Soldato
wasn;t stalker built as a pc game from the ground up? if so how the hell does it perform worse than a console port especially rainbow6 vegas at that? and rainbow 6 vegas looks better than stalker. :eek:

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
wasn;t stalker built as a pc game from the ground up? if so how the hell does it perform worse than a console port especially rainbow6 vegas at that? and rainbow 6 vegas looks better than stalker. :eek:

It was, but that doesn't mean anything. All it means was that the coding is less efficient. Stalker would be very hard to bench and get reliable results across the board due to it's design. The game is a big world in which different events can happen, thus making performance very unreliable if you were to benchmark it.

Soldato
OP
killer_uk said:
It was, but that doesn't mean anything. All it means was that the coding is less efficient. Stalker would be very hard to bench and get reliable results across the board due to it's design. The game is a big world in which different events can happen, thus making performance very unreliable if you were to benchmark it.

Thank you you put it into much better words than I could be bothered :D

Cyber-Mav said:
depends on exactly how much cheese is on your helmut :p

:/ tbh.

Associate
i wonder why there isn't this many AMD beats INTEL or vice versa threads in the CPU sub forum.....

edit: also TOM. i notice you said that you are spoken to directly by Ati/amd saying whats in store for the card, and also that it says in your sig your using the 7.7 beta.

any performance increase/tweaks/fixes etc? may recomend the card to a friend if the drivers are actually getting better

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not going to get into agro over it, but the fact is, while the 2900XT isn't a bad card overall, I'm very glad I didn't wait for it, or actually buy one for that matter.

I'm glad things are improving for those of you that did :)

Soldato
The way I see is that the HD2900XT and 8800GTS are basically when all games are taken into account with varying AA/ AF etc equal to each other.

Therefore you pick the card based on reviews that performs better in the games you actually play. (ie if I played a lot of the BF series (which I do) I would pick a 8800GTS as judging by most reviews I have read the 8800GTS performs better in that than the HD2900XT and vice versa)

You also need to take into account power usage / heat etc as this may play a factor.

Soldato
He must be using a crap CPU or something coz in 03 I get 52,000, 05, I get 17500 and 06 I get 11442 which beats the 2900XT on there.

But on the game benchmarks, it beats the GTX once, and some its not far ahead of a GTS, there on Par I would say, both nice cards, anyone will be happy which ever they choose :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
willhub said:
He must be using a crap CPU or something coz in 03 I get 52,000, 05, I get 17500 and 06 I get 11442 which beats the 2900XT on there.

But on the game benchmarks, it beats the GTX once, and some its not far ahead of a GTS, there on Par I would say, both nice cards, anyone will be happy which ever they choose :)

Did you have your GTS clocked when you did those benches?

Back
Top Bottom