Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Permabanned
Caporegime
Soldato
Not going to lie, I wasn't a fan. I felt it was a bit of a let down.

Time travel, god damn time travel. I'm so sick of this writers crutch, its over used now to the point that I'm sick of it and it just feels so cliche.

I felt Hulk was under used, didn't really do anything.

The Iron Man death seemed forced as an excuse to write RDJ out instead of a necessary death. I understand that channelling the full force of all 5 infinity stones would have killed him, but we saw Thanos use various combination of stones in Infinity War without any notable side affects, why could Iron Man have not done the same?

There was some great moments, the battle scene at the end was incredibly well done and Thanos was an amazing bad ass who took on all our heroes at the same. The humour for the most part was spot on, although they went a bit far with the fat Thor stuff.

It wasn't awful, but I thought Infinity War was superior, and it was a meh end to the story arc for me. It was a 6.5/10 for me, it could have been so much more.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Just saw this today.

I was entertained... but...

It felt like such a let down, Infinity War was so much better.
Some bits were awesome like Cap using Mjolnir but a lot of it just felt like they took a great big dump on some of the heroes which should have had massive send offs like Thor (Why oh Why Hobo Thor, why did they turn him into the comedy relief!!) and Hulk (Oh wow he is intelligent... is that it...) and some bits where just cringe like Captain Marvel turning up to save the day.. (hey you old timers are not needed anymore...I got this...)

My Mrs, my eldest Daughter and I all left the Cinema feeling deflated. :(

Soldato
So cap went back in time return all the stones and stayed. When he went back he took his shield and the hammer yet in his return scene he doesnt have the hammer. So where is Mjolnir?

Soldato
To be honest I think the only fracture they want anyone to focus on is the Loki one from their first attempt to retrieve the tesseract. I'm guessing there is a stand-alone film/TV show in there somewhere. Plus we appear to be multi-versing the MCU now which I'm guessing is the setup for FF/Xmen etc, unless thats a red-herring in the latest Spidey trailer, or a way for Sony to disconnect him from MCU at any time should they wish.

The whole Kill/Keep/Happy Ending probably spent some time as a coin flip in the writing stage for the original trio, either Cap or Iron Man could have had a similar settle down ending, and Cap was always a shoe in for a heroic death if they wanted to go that way (which they kind of teased us with in his 1v1 with Thanos). Thor's would have been probably around re-finding himself and becoming a true King, but as its weaker then the other 2s options plus we get Asguardians of the Galaxy it probably works better this way.

Associate
To be honest the only real surprise and "moment" for me in the film was....

Natasha going splat instead of ... well i suspected Capt would have had to chuck Bucky off the mountain instead or something like that.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Erm,

Yea so that was... average? At best?

I mean theres some serious flaws in there, ok I can look past them for the plot sake but... nothing in there made me think "wow" or "thats super awesome" it was just.... strictly average...

Soldato
Yet here's me rocking up having had the same 'meh' reaction to the last half dozen or so Marvel films as you guys have to this, but I'm just back from Endgame and thought it was great.

Back
Top Bottom