Watch Dogs

Caporegime
OP
Decided to order the Deadsec edition, ordered it on both the One & PS4 and will decide which one I want closer to the time as I am unsure I can't live without the Xbox One rumble riggers.

Soldato
How much does that "no brainer" decision cost though? :)

My i7 and 770 should be ok with this, but I think I would still rather play it on my Xbone :)

Its not going to cost any more than the console version. In fact, it's going to cost far less on PC. He said he already has a pc that will max this out, so hence the "no brainer"

I'll summarise for ya, console more than likely less than 1080p probably upscaled to 900 or 1080 like a lot of other console games and at 30fps maximum with a lot of detail missing. Or pc capable of 1440p, 1600p or even 4k if he has any of those panels. And frames up somewhere between 60fps and 120fps I expect.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Its not going to cost any more than the console version. In fact, it's going to cost far less on PC. He said he already has a pc that will max this out, so hence the "no brainer"

I'll summarise for ya, console more than likely less than 1080p probably upscaled to 900 or 1080 like a lot of other console games and at 30fps maximum with a lot of detail missing. Or pc capable of 1440p, 1600p or even 4k if he has any of those panels. And frames up somewhere between 60fps and 120fps I expect.

Lol, well the PS4 version is 1080p confirmed.

Like a lot of other console games? What's this hyperbole all about? Are you another PC elitest who has stuck his head in hear for a bit?

Have you checked out the specs for Watch_Dogs? It looks like it's going to need a very very hefty investment to achieve those resolutions you are talking about at 60FPS/120FPS.

Soldato

Like a lot of other console games? What's this hyperbole all about? Are you another PC elitest who has stuck his head in hear for a bit?

Have you checked out the specs for Watch_Dogs? It looks like it's going to need a very very hefty investment to achieve those resolutions you are talking about at 60FPS/120FPS.

I think my R290 will do the game justice with the extra VRam i have on that card as well as the other spec i have, yes indeed the PS4 version will look and play good i dare say, it's actually really good to have the best of both worlds PS4/PC and decide on which platform i go for, like i picked AC IV on PS4 over pc and didn't regret it one bit.

Soldato

No just stating facts. There have been more games on PS4/XB1 more so, that have been upscaled to 1080p and in some cases not even that and running only at 30fps, that's why i said like a lot of the other console games. And with that the amount of black crush actually makes the visuals even worse.

I gave reasons why its a no brainer to get on PC if he has a strong gaming pc, that's common sense. No need to be offended by it

Last edited:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Only thing that concerns me is that WD looks like a typical Ubi game, capture regions by infiltrating a central area, repetitive and uneventful missions like follow someone, hack this box, chase this dude, etc etc, like the now really hackneyed AC. Looks like a new IP made in the same formula that Ubi established with AC2.

Soldato

You mean specs that most people that play games on Pc already have? You are of course on a pc centric forum after all..
You have to realise that even if games are at 1080p there will still be compromises with textures etc to get it onto there, that's the nature of consoles and has been documented scientifically 100s of times already by the likes of digitalfoundary.

Last edited:
Associate

I meant cost as in how much will it COST to buy a PC to run it :)
Not everyone will own a PC capable of running it y'see

Associate
Just watched the 14 minute game play vid and it is very much a person of interest meets GTA affair, that's not a bad thing.

Looks like it could be really fun to play and something that could swallow a lot of hour.

Absolutely love that.

Haven't looked into Watch Dogs much until reading this thread.

Really looking forward to this, and joining my friends games unbeknown to them haha.

Back
Top Bottom