Watch Dogs

Soldato
That's the same with any sandbox game though, you have to treat them separately, the story and then the sandbox. If they limit you to what the main character would actually do then people would complain that there wasn't enough freedom.

Yes, but you have to treat them separately because too often the game designers can't or won't write their storyline and characters to fit the game they're making, or provide enough options within the storyline to facilitate various approaches. The same was true of GTA4; Niko saying he wants to be a better person, stop killing etc and then every mission involves a shootout in a crowded public area followed by a police pursuit where dozens of cops die.

Soldato
Graphics are great. What was the fuss about?

People expect too much. I went sight seeing in the game last night for an hour just to have a breather from cops chasing me lol it's an epic looking game. the Willis tower is breathtaking... the water looks astonishing. I also sat on the train as well and it was great..

so much to see and do.

Associate
Just a quick question. I ordered this Sunday from tesco, still hasn't come. Am I able to buy it from tesco (shop is 5 mins away) and then get a refund from the shop with the 1 that finally gets delivered. I'm only in a rush as have some free time tonight.
Is there any sort of way they would know that the game I am returning to the shop wasn't bought at the shop?

Thanks

Soldato
Just a quick question. I ordered this Sunday from tesco, still hasn't come. Am I able to buy it from tesco (shop is 5 mins away) and then get a refund from the shop with the 1 that finally gets delivered. I'm only in a rush as have some free time tonight.
Is there any sort of way they would know that the game I am returning to the shop wasn't bought at the shop?

Thanks

That'll work, just keep your receipt.

Associate
I've been trying so hard to love this game but just can't something just feels off and i can't put my finger on it. The idea behind the game is awesome but some of it's implementation just makes it feel so linear, That being said the cover system is awesome, and the combat isn't too shabby either.

The worst thing for me is the way cars handle, just doesn't feel natural at all and they feel twitchy, not sure if this is my old controller just being crap.

Associate
The worst thing for me is the way cars handle, just doesn't feel natural at all and they feel twitchy, not sure if this is my old controller just being crap.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but if you haven't tried the in-car view yet give it a go. I felt the same as you when I was using the view behind the car, but when you're inside it feels much better.

Caporegime
The more I play this, the more I agree with myself on the game, it is a spectacularly average game. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it, but it's really wonderfully mediocre.

Soldato
The more I play this, the more I agree with myself on the game, it is a spectacularly average game. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it, but it's really wonderfully mediocre.

I wouldn't say mediocre myself, more good. It's not great nor is it poor, there is so much to do it's unreal. I've been on it around 3 hrs in total today and yesterday after work and i've only got to the online hacking in the main story. I set out to do one thing and then end up doing something totally different thanks to a crime been committed or whatever.

I love the graphics, night time is when Watchdogs really looks stunning, it would have been nice to add a camera option to Aidens phone, similar to GTA V.

Caporegime
I think it looks more GTA IV than V personally. The attention to detail in a GTA game really does stagger me when compared to something like Watch Dogs.

Maybe I am being too harsh, but personally I don't see this as anything more than a slightly above average game at very best. I mean, it's probably a 5/6 out of 10, if I did scales. Which I don't :p.

I've not played Killzone (@ pioneer2000) but I've sat and watched a friend play quite a lot of it and I thought similarly about that too, and the new Wolf game. I don't think any of them are bad per say, but they're not particularly good either. They're all 5/6 out of 10's on my scale that I don't do :p.

I think the game does look a bit better at night, but that's only because with dark lighting the textures are not as noticeable :D.

Back
Top Bottom