Watchmen Tv series (2019)

Caporegime
Well the critical reviews seem overwhelmingly positive for episode 1: https://www.metacritic.com/tv/watchmen-2019/season-1

There's the usual review bombing from users moaning that it tackles racial issues...because apparently we've solved race issues in 2019?
Isn’t it based around the mid to late 70’s initially and then further on in the 80’s? Although I’ve never read the graphic novel I’ve seen the movie a few times and it’s certainly 70’s and 80’s, maybe even early 90’s at the end so there were still a lot of racial issues then.

reading a little about, it’s based after the events of the movie/novel?

Soldato
Was a decent start to the show but I'm not sure where websites have got this is the best pilot episode ever from.

BSG Pilot was right up there for me.

BSG was a storming pilot, I would also put up there Last Resort in 2012, very underrated and almost completely stand alone. Very underrated. Unfortunately, the rest of the series was complete rubbish, but you can watch the pilot then the last episode.

Associate
I've watched the first show. And apart from the very far background plot, I'm struggling to see what this has to do with Watchmen.
A summary of what happened in "watchmen" is that the world changed. The blue dude fabricated an enemy and killed lots of people (he did this to save a lot more people) and also fabricated his own death/exile. The face mask guy didn't like this and got killed for announcing his intent to reveal all. His diary revealing all this and more was out there. Fast forward 30 years. Society has broken down even more so much so that the police operate in masks. The blue dude is apparently not dead and a group of people have got hold of the diary. Blue dude also appears to have made good on his promise to create life (although it didn't turn out too good)
TLDR:- the series is set years after the events of the comics/movie and is based on a loose mish mash of stuff from them. None of it is based on RL timelines.
As above I got bored, only half watched the episode.

Soldato
A summary of what happened in "watchmen" is that the world changed. The blue dude fabricated an enemy and killed lots of people (he did this to save a lot more people) and also fabricated his own death/exile. The face mask guy didn't like this and got killed for announcing his intent to reveal all. His diary revealing all this and more was out there. Fast forward 30 years. Society has broken down even more so much so that the police operate in masks. The blue dude is apparently not dead and a group of people have got hold of the diary. Blue dude also appears to have made good on his promise to create life (although it didn't turn out too good)
TLDR:- the series is set years after the events of the comics/movie and is based on a loose mish mash of stuff from them. None of it is based on RL timelines.
As above I got bored, only half watched the episode.
Ahhh right, so wher the hell was that explained anywhere in the pilot. How is the average viewer supposed tt take in all that if they have no knowledge of teh Movie/ Book. Did I miss soemthing?

Associate
Just watched the first episode, had high hopes for this as i loved the movie but cant say i was that impressed but will see if it gets any better in time.

Seems the user reviews are pretty bad for this on rotten tomato's, i always laugh how the critic scores are always opposite to what most people actually feel and shows how out of touch they are, i usually find the user score to be more accurate these days.
I do wonder how long it will be before they remove user reviews entirely cant imagine the critics egos like massive difference in ratings :)

I do hope it turns into something good.

Back
Top Bottom