Watchmen Tv series (2019)

Associate
All I rmeeber is huge blue phallic shaped, erm, toy.

It was a bit of a beast wasnt it :)

Quite enjoying this so far , never read the graphic novel untill after i watched the film so did not know why all the die hards hated it.

Like how this is based on the comic , cant figure out what Veidts up to though.

Soldato
It was a bit of a beast wasnt it :)

Quite enjoying this so far , never read the graphic novel untill after i watched the film so did not know why all the die hards hated it.

Like how this is based on the comic , cant figure out what Veidts up to though.
Guess nothing else touches the sides:eek:. Every time i see the guy playing adrian veidt, i can't but think its the baddie from die hard 3:p.

Caporegime
If anything the only criticism i have is the intentionally piecemeal stories, but there clearly has to be a reason for it, so i'll wait it out, there's nothing explicitly woke about this, unless it's woke to imagine a world and bring it to life.

Caporegime
Why do you think that.

I don't agree. Dr. Manhattan is often mentioned, we just had a whole episode with Silk Spectre who has seemingly ended up a bit like her dad (telling bad jokes and basically being a nihilist). Roscharch journal is out in the wilds etc, costumed vigilantes are still banned.

Soldato
If anything the only criticism i have is the intentionally piecemeal stories, but there clearly has to be a reason for it, so i'll wait it out, there's nothing explicitly woke about this, unless it's woke to imagine a world and bring it to life.

I agree.
I wonder is this classic Lindelöf where it'll eventually not make sense, or simply go nowhere, or will his cowriter have managed to curtail his efforts at ******* it up.
I am enjoying the show, 3 episodes in, not quite sure where it is going.
It seems utterly far from woke, if anything, it is the opposite, as it is showing potentially the negative effects of such a process, and the utter mess it could descend into.

I will reserve judgement, and think anyone seeing episode one and just ranting about woke woke woke without following onwards is missing the point.

Soldato
not sure where it is going....starts off with racism...then goes to black cops being killed...you seriously have no idea?

Don't think he was killed.
How many episodes did you watch?

-edit
You are aware that opening scene is a depiction of actual historical events from around 1920 or so?
The following episodes show white folks corralled into living in shanty town like structures, show their detainment and their subsequent rounding up and internment. Abuse of questioning.
Masked police, hiding behind a police state, and likely an undercurrent of someone playing both sides against themselves.

Soldato
Out of interest was the source a single stand alone story, or was it a series that progressed over the course of thirty years in story telling?
Was a stand alone contained story, released originally Bi monthly in 6 comics, but more popular in the graphic novel version I think.
I used to think Moore was a bit mad, but he was right, Hollywood has no intentions of trying to make his work right, except for the Watchmen Movie, but that was a straight cell for cell copy of the book except for the ending.

Soldato
This weeks episode was certainly better, actually feels like the story is trying to go somewhere now and not be weird for the sake of it, I wonder where Veidt is trapped with him calling it a prison.

Back
Top Bottom