Watercooled PC (split from Gallery thread)

Soldato
DSC00181-1.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

Note: Photo's were taken before addition of 2nd card for SLi.

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech

Associate
AndyOcUK said:
*snip*

Note: Photo's were taken before addition of 2nd card for SLi.

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech

Pretty neat, but the tube carrying liquid into the case via the PCI bracket seems to be bent rather sharply?

I do love the WaterChill kit's :D

I still need to take some pics of my WaterChill Xtreme CPU/VGA/Chipset Cooling Kit - Triple 120mm Radiator/6 Fans when I get a minute. I said I would and I still haven't :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
oceaness said:
Pretty neat, but the tube carrying liquid into the case via the PCI bracket seems to be bent rather sharply?
It's not bent at all - just the angle the photo gives the impression of. Trust me! ;)

Its cooling my FX57 @ 3.2GHz @29 degrees which I think speaks for itself.

Regards

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech Manager ;)

Soldato
It's not bent at all - just the angle the photo gives the impression of. Trust me! ;)

Its cooling my FX57 @ 3.2GHz @29 degrees which I think speaks for itself.

Regards

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech Manager ;)

whats that 29 degree, when the systems off? lol

Soldato
OP
<maddness> said:
whats that 29 degree, when the systems off? lol

I've had this argument before and I'm not getting into it again!

Thats 29 degrees idle with the rad sitting right next to an open window.

I'm not seeking approval, I know I know what I'm doing!

I notice you work at Intel.... ever likely u r surprised since the netburst chips over the last 4 years (until conroe - granted) idled at around 50 degress! lol :D

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech :p

Soldato
i bet any clocked netburst chip on water with the rad at the window probably idles low as 29 :p

have you thought it could be a bit misleading giving the waterchill undue extra credit? :D

anyway i'll post some pics of a real watercooling setup in a sec ;)

Soldato
OP
Swiftech Apex 200 Kit then or did you buy in bits? Whats with the froth?

Looks cool though. Got any daylight pics so we can see the inside of the rig more clearly?

How am I giving the Asetek undue credit?

Also, a few more details about my loop:

Asetek Xtreme 12V Pump variable between 2880 and 3780RPM
10mm OD Tubing
Asetek Antartica CPU block
Swiftech (Green) additive
Coolant = 70% deionised H20, 10% Glycol, 10% Swiftech Additive and 10% top secret
Asetek Waterchill VFD display
Asetek Black Ice dual 120mm Rad on Swiftech Radbox (Fans pulling)
2nd stage Asetek reservoir/ air trap (see pic)

as you can see its not been set up in the conventional way, as you rightfully expect from an OcUK techie and system builder.

Regards

AndyOcUK
OcUK tech :cool:

Soldato
OP
<maddness> said:
that looks nice and tidy. Good Job :)

The case is tidy but why is the rad fan pulling hot air from the Rad into THE CASE i.e. The area containing the very components you are trying to keep cool????????? Also, that dust filter will need cleaning every couple of days being so close, and sucking at, that thick carpet. :eek: :rolleyes:

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech

Soldato
AndyOcUK said:
The case is tidy but why is the rad fan pulling hot air from the Rad into THE CASE i.e. The area containing the very components you are trying to keep cool????????? Also, that dust filter will need cleaning every couple of days being so close, and sucking at, that thick carpet. :eek: :rolleyes:

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech
Air's heat capacity is so low, the delta T for using radiator heated air (over free flowing room air) is approx 1C. It makes virtually no difference whatsoever. Regarding the dust filter... *shrugs*.

Soldato
OP
True but the air from the radiator will be a lot warmer than the outside temp and its only an inch away from the graphics card. Call me old fashioned but isn't the golden rule to get air heated up by components OUT of the case as quickly as possible?

In my experience, a top mounted mod or a Swiftech Radbox mount on the back is much better.

I've had my FX upto 3.4 an I can tell you that my rad is very warm to the touch and a darn site warmer than the air in my room or in my case.

Also that 1 degree can some times make the difference between a stable or unstable OC.

Regards

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech

Soldato
AndyOcUK said:
Swiftech Apex 200 Kit then or did you buy in bits? Whats with the froth?

Looks cool though. Got any daylight pics so we can see the inside of the rig more clearly?

How am I giving the Asetek undue credit?

Also, a few more details about my loop:

Asetek Xtreme 12V Pump variable between 2880 and 3780RPM
10mm OD Tubing
Asetek Antartica CPU block
Swiftech (Green) additive
Coolant = 70% deionised H20, 10% Glycol, 10% Swiftech Additive and 10% top secret
Asetek Waterchill VFD display
Asetek Black Ice dual 120mm Rad on Swiftech Radbox (Fans pulling)
2nd stage Asetek reservoir/ air trap (see pic)

as you can see its not been set up in the conventional way, as you rightfully expect from an OcUK techie and system builder.

Regards

AndyOcUK
OcUK tech :cool:

looks like a standard basic setup to me, what am i missing? :confused:

i'll get some daylight pictures for you tomorrow.

Froth is held at the top and does not get in the actual loop,
ive not had time to clean it out, although its not doing any harm.

Soldato
AndyOcUK said:
In my experience, a top mounted mod or a Swiftech Radbox mount on the back is much better.

IMO a radbox mount on the back looks silly, might give you an extra degree or 2,
i suppose it is a solution for those who are not able to use the rad within the case. ;)

Soldato
OP
<maddness> said:
IMO a radbox mount on the back looks silly, might give you an extra degree or 2,
i suppose it is a solution for those who are not able to use the rad within the case. ;)

Well Swiftech (the makers of your kit) make the radbox and Asetek make a top mounted rad/ pump unit.

They make these kits and I think they know more about it than we do.

This argument is futile and boring and like all good wars, nobody really wins. Lets just agree to disagree.

I'll get rid of my silly radbox if u get rid of that soapy snot and replace it with coolant!! LOL :D

Best regards

AndyOcUK
OcUK tech

Soldato
AndyOcUK said:
Coolant is far from standard.

2 reservoirs in an asetek kit.

AndyOcUK

lmao and heres me thinking it was something special

AndyOcUK said:
Well Swiftech (the makers of your kit) make the radbox and Asetek make a top mounted rad/ pump unit.

They make these kits and I think they know more about it than we do.

This argument is futile and boring and like all good wars, nobody really wins. Lets just agree to disagree.

I'll get rid of my silly radbox if u get rid of that soapy snot and replace it with coolant!! LOL :D

Best regards

AndyOcUK
OcUK tech

hence me saying "In my opinion", i prefer a nice all in the case solution and neat layout, wires hidden etc.. (no offense lol)

I think the rad box is a solution for cases with 1 x 120mm section, which majority are.

the froth is coming out tomorrow, coolant is already present,
make sure you get your dremel ready ;)

gnite

Associate
AndyOcUK said:

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech
As I stated in my first post
"Really wanted watercooling but also wanted it all internally"
So radbox wasn't an option.

With the fans I tried a number of variations:-
1) both fans inside pulling cold air through
2) both fans inside pushing warm air out
3) both fans outside pushing cold air through
4) both fans outside pulling warm air out
5) one fan inside one out in an offset push/pull set-up (cold air through)
6) one fan inside one out in an offset push/pull set-up (warm air out)

There were no noticable case temp differences with any of the above setups but my GFX mosfets are around 40degrees cooler at full load with the internal fan(s) blowing onto them ie, setup 1) and 5). The final decision to stick with setup 5) was because I needed a PCI slot freeing up which the other fan in setup 1) blocked.

As for the dust filter - not been using it for the last 4-5 months and only had a tiny ammount of dust build-up in the case when I took the pics. (and as a bonus, roll the pc around and I don't need to hoover :rolleyes: LoL)

Man of Honour
This has been split out of the gallery so you're welcome to carry on discussing this. However, I would please ask that a little thoughtfulness and respect be applied on all sides. Don't want any personal insults flying please.

Soldato
OP
delbuenno said:
As I stated in my first post
"Really wanted watercooling but also wanted it all internally"
So radbox wasn't an option.

With the fans I tried a number of variations:-
1) both fans inside pulling cold air through
2) both fans inside pushing warm air out
3) both fans outside pushing cold air through
4) both fans outside pulling warm air out
5) one fan inside one out in an offset push/pull set-up (cold air through)
6) one fan inside one out in an offset push/pull set-up (warm air out)

There were no noticable case temp differences with any of the above setups but my GFX mosfets are around 40degrees cooler at full load with the internal fan(s) blowing onto them ie, setup 1) and 5). The final decision to stick with setup 5) was because I needed a PCI slot freeing up which the other fan in setup 1) blocked.

As for the dust filter - not been using it for the last 4-5 months and only had a tiny ammount of dust build-up in the case when I took the pics. (and as a bonus, roll the pc around and I don't need to hoover :rolleyes: LoL)

Cool :cool: Just seemed a little strange at first glance but, whatever works.

Where did you get that colour additive?

Back
Top Bottom