Watercooled PC (split from Gallery thread)

Associate
Ther's no colour additive in mine, just de-ionised water and Zerex so it looks slightly pink. I couldn't decide whether to get some red additive or not. I thought with the red LEDs on the Mobo it may be a bit too much. What do you reckon?

Man of Honour
delbuenno said:
Ther's no colour additive in mine, just de-ionised water and Zerex so it looks slightly pink. I couldn't decide whether to get some red additive or not. I thought with the red LEDs on the Mobo it may be a bit too much. What do you reckon?

I think a dark red would look nice.

Soldato
dsc00354yw1.jpg

dsc00358kt9.jpg

dsc00362bo9.jpg

mucks out, looking forward to your reconstruction, Andyocuk lol

Man of Honour
Nice looking system madness :)

Couple of Q's :

Have you cleaned your entire loop coz that liquid still looks a little 'milky' and there seems to be a lot of residue in that res?

Whats the temp monitoring hardware?

Why cool the Northbridge when the Southbridge is hotter and (reportedly) gains higher FSB from cooler temps?

Last edited:
Soldato
w3bbo said:
Nice looking system madness :)

Couple of Q's :

Have you cleaned your entire loop coz that liquid still looks a little 'milky' and there seems to be a lot of residue in that res?

Whats the temp monitoring hardware?

Why cool the Northbridge when the Southbridge is hotter and (reportedly) gains higher FSB from cooler temps?

cheers

Well the loop has de ionised water, coolant, red coolant lol, some uv dye, and some diet coke (not really but i was tempted ;)).

temps are good, cpu is 52 idle and 65 on load

i thought the northbridge was warmer with the mch on it? needed for higher fsb :confused:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well I tested mine (through touch) and the southbridge seemed much hotter wheres the NB was cool to the touch. I could be wrong m8 as I have seen people cool one or the other. I dont really have the option to cool the NB though as my P5WDH(P5Bdlx was faulty) dosn't have any holes just a clip so my options are limited anyway.

Soldato
OP
gurusan said:
How much voltage are you pumping through that FX-57..if i may ask?

1.485V @ 200fsb (multiplier clocked only) with HT X3 and 1 "notch up on the HT Voltage and chipset voltage.

Takes plenty of tweaking with pump speeds & fan management and also everything I don't use is turned off in BIOS.

Great case airflow and a solid PSU obviously help enornormously.

Last January I had it stable at 3.4GHz @ 1.5V idle at 31 degrees. After 2 hours of Far Cry online it was still stable at 37 degrees.

Come on Winter..... DO YOUR WORST!!! You can't come quicly enough!!! lol

Andy OcUK tech

Andy,

Was going to drop you a PM, but it seems ze forum is locked down... Tubing arrived day after, legend for sorting that out. Cheers man!

I finished putting it all together last night, and starting to get itching overclocking fingers put I think I'll be making another purchase from your good selves as my RAM sucks. DDR400 at 3.0-3-3-8 Nanya crap. :(

Anyway, purpose of this - what were those settings you reckoned for the 4000 batch? You said something about a flashed set of chips - care to elaborate more on that - am interested in extremis.

Thanks again for the wicked service and getting that problem sorted.

Mike.

Soldato
OP
1.4375V
12X Multiplier
240FSB
HTT multiplier at X3

That will give you 2880 MHz (2.88GHz) Which is FX57 speeds

Put the FSB upto 250 and you will be at 3GHz

Glad you got the tubing OK

Happy to help.

Here is a link to a thread discussing these chips:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17605578

Theres a screenie of one I oc'd at work to test them on the second page I Think!! :cool:

oc3gcopy-1.jpg

AndyOcUK
OcUK Tech :cool:

Last edited:
3ghz is what I'm aiming for, but I doubt that the RAM (if you can call it that) I've got will come anywhere close. However, bang on that the chips run at that from that batch - fair indication of things to come maybe...

What temps were they running at with that kinda overclock btw?

Damn, makes me wish I ordered RAM instead of two new HDD's from you over the weekend now!

I'm still tempted to hold on for that though, given the pre-chrimbo prices - always seem to inflate around this time of year. Might wait for the January sales :D

Random point - in the System Properties window, you've edited the CPU name etc... I seem to remember how you do the OEM logo, but haven't been able to find how you do the rest. Care to share?

Thanks for the info btw, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom