Watercooling advice

Associate
OP
I'll stick with a T i guess :p

When you add the T fitting, on the bottom you'll put a bit of tube but what on that to block it?:p

As it's barbed you can't put the G1/4 stopped on it so what would I also need? :p

Associate
OP
Ok so;

Res -> Pump -> Waterblock -> Rad -> Res

Between Pump -> Waterblock two T-Line's

Between the T-Lines a bit of tubing bent to fit on both, when I want to drain, just remove 1 of the bits of tubing from the lower T-Line

I thought there'd be something you could buy, so you could like 'plug' the end of the tubing.

edit;

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-233-OK

Would that work? :)

Edit 2;

Instead of that ^, a 1/2" ID Sealing plug from competitor

Also, would a nickel plated brass T-Fitting be fine?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so;

Res -> Pump -> Waterblock -> Rad -> Res

Between Pump -> Waterblock two T-Line's

Between the T-Lines a bit of tubing bent to fit on both, when I want to drain, just remove 1 of the bits of tubing from the lower T-Line
keep the T line before the res :)

I thought there'd be something you could buy, so you could like 'plug' the end of the tubing.

edit;

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-233-OK

Would that work? :)

Edit 2;

Instead of that ^, a 1/2" ID Sealing plug from competitor
yep :)

Also, would a nickel plated brass T-Fitting be fine?
Yes, that's fine

Associate
OP
T line before res?

as in between Red -> Res?

As that'd be top of case, wouldn't it be easier between either

Res -> Pump or between Pump -> Waterblock

As Res = 5.25" Drive, Rad = Top of case, CPU = mid, Pump = bottom

Figured it'd be easier and safer to have t-line at bottom

Associate
OP
Surely if you put t-line before res then the liquid in the res won't be drained?

I always thought T-Line for draining would be best at the bottom of the build.

That way, once drained and you fill it up again, the liquid is instantly going to pour down to the pump before it's even turned on surely?

Also, if I were to add another single rad how much you reckon it would change the temps, or not even worth it?

Soldato
Surely if you put t-line before res then the liquid in the res won't be drained?
the res is always supplying the pump with water, so by making sure nothing returns to the res , the pump won't be pumping anything. Anything the pump does pump, will go straight out . If you had the T line after the res, then it would o through the res and into the pump again and be pumped around another time.
I always thought T-Line for draining would be best at the bottom of the build.
Thet depends if you want gravity or the pump to do the draining. easier to have the pump do it :)

That way, once drained and you fill it up again, the liquid is instantly going to pour down to the pump before it's even turned on surely?

Also, if I were to add another single rad how much you reckon it would change the temps, or not even worth it?

3-4 deg? Just a guess.
a 360 is enough

Associate
OP
Oh, I leave gravity to do it :p

I'll leave it with 1 360 until I add a gpu block then :)

You seen any elysium project logs? can't seem to find any watercooled elysiums, well seen one on OCN but other than that :p

Associate
OP
Yeah I seen tons of HAF X logs as that was my original case of choice (can't remember if it was you or someone else who suggested elysium) but who ever did, I liked the look of it and it looked easier to work within but couldn't find any logs.

I like the look of black + red builds though, hence my reason for getting the red bitfenix alchemy pre-braided cables, red LED fans, and i'll probably through in some Phobya LED strips.

Now I can't wait to get this, shame I won't have time until after exams :(

Back
Top Bottom