Watercooling MSI R9 390 Gaming 8GB

Associate
OP
Actually, you're right .. the Alphacool one for MSI is now "In Stock".
It's the only other one I've seen listed for the MSI card, but it's always been set to "In Production" when I check (last time was about 10 days ago).

Still, if the EKWB one is due today/soon, then I'd rather wait for that as everything else in my system is EKWB :D.

Cheers

Associate
I'm so tempted, they do look lovely. If they were cheaper, I think I would buy 2 and backplates and redo the loop, sadly after all the hard work and what I went through, guess I'm going to have to resist the urge mate. lol

I said it before, I just love your loop design :)

Associate
OP
Mine just arrived a few hours ago .. thanks EKWB :D. It's a thing of beauty.

I'll try and get it installed tonight if I can. For me, the universal Supremacy block that I am using does a great job on the GPU, but it's the VRAM that goes a bit wild with my passive cooling solution .. so that's what I am going to keep an eye on the most. But here it is in all it's glory:

390wb_zpsza2bj7li.jpg

I'll update as soon as I can :D

p.s. I like the fact that it even has "MSI" engraved into the block ... nice touch :D

Cheers!

Soldato
Oriaz, those heatsinks you have on the VRM's they look far to big. I seriously think the reason you are still getting high temps is because they are not sitting flush. Around each of those VRM is a few little high points which sit higher than the actual VRMs, I bet they are not making great contact.

I had exactly the same issue with my old 4870x2 when I put the aftermarket cooler on it. The VRM's aren't all the same height to had to double up on heatpads and even take some of the thicker ones off the original heatsink and look across the card sideways to make sure there weren't any gaps between the top of the chips and the pads, and there were. Spent quite a while getting them all snug under the pads/sink

Associate
Ooooh shiney! :D

Looks great Oriaz, keep us posted.

Think I'll be ordering one come pay day. Hoping OCUK will stock them by then, but we'll see. Take my money! :D

Associate
OP
And here it is, all up and running:

390_1_zpszm6wocne.jpg

390_2_zpsdnopsupb.jpg

390_3_zpsae8lrjyw.jpg

Temps are looking very good so far, but I haven't done a lot of "stress-testing" just yet.

Desktop (web browsing etc etc)
GPU: 26
VRAM: 28
CPU: 28

Playing WoW (where I had issues before), after 15 mins:
GPU: 45
VRAM: 56
CPU: 45

Before, after 15 mins of WoW, my VRAM would have been up in the 80's for sure! So this is way better! :D

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom