WBAC Values

Caporegime
Definitely engine and fuel economy related. My GF shogun which she sold for £22k a couple of months ago, WBAC have dropped their price from £18950 to a miserly £15k now. Sold it at the right time :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Most my cars are unchanged, The Lotus seems very low but that’s just WBAC not having a clue about plastic cars made in Norfolk. The Ferrari is coming back at 130k plus which is nearly 10k up the rest are about the same and the Yaris still worth 30k trade even with 11,000 miles on clock.

Soldato
Most my cars are unchanged, The Lotus seems very low but that’s just WBAC not having a clue about plastic cars made in Norfolk. The Ferrari is coming back at 130k plus which is nearly 10k up the rest are about the same and the Yaris still worth 30k trade even with 11,000 miles on clock.
Yeah think those cars you've got Gibbo are a serious niche, don't think fuel prices have the same impact for Ferrari owners :) BTW, seen your Corvette this weekend at Tatton Park looked superb!

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah think those cars you've got Gibbo are a serious niche, don't think fuel prices have the same impact for Ferrari owners :) BTW, seen your Corvette this weekend at Tatton Park looked superb!

Thanks buddy, must have missed you, did you spot the BOSS 302, what a car that was, totally originally in Calypso Orange even with the cracking paint, had a good chat with the owner who hopes to get the car body full restored and re-painted.

When you spotted my car was the Indy 500 magazine and book in the back? Found them on the day at the show an Original Indy 500 programme where the Pace Car debuted, great find for £10 to go with the car and then also the C3 book which has several pages on the Pace Car as well, that cost me £40 but great little finds for the car. Hoping in 10 years or so time the 78 Pace Cars will explode in value like some other cars have done so, would be nice if it was worth 60-120k region in a few years time. :D

My Defender has dropped significantly over the last 4-6 weeks. Like £10k which does effect if i buy it or not soon with intent to sell later.

I'd be cautious of buying any car with intention of flipping in the next few months, I may cancel my Emira order or defer it to an AMG version as I don't particular want the car any more with the V6 in if I keep the Exige, better to not bother at all unless they start flipping around the 100k mark as then might as well take the car to make the 20k tax free money, but only time will tell.

Soldato
My Merc is down £3k since end of May and £1.5k since end of June - but it has just tipped over 15k miles which I think is a significant "slip" out of the high value filters on sites like Cinch/AT etc...

Tempted to bin it, but there is nothing better at similar value IMO. I'd love a Lexus RX450 but the MPG is crap and I think it is quite old now.

Edit: Still up £1k on Dec 2019 purchase price though :)

Caporegime
My 428i GC has dropped by several thousand. I’m being offered under £15k compared to a year ago when I could easily make back my purchase price of £17,750 and a bit more

Soldato
My 428i GC has dropped by several thousand. I’m being offered under £15k compared to a year ago when I could easily make back my purchase price of £17,750 and a bit more
I had lots of emails from wbac for weeks saying the price of mine has gone up, until a couple of weeks ago they sent one warning me it is about to drop. I haven't bothered checking again but it sounds like it's finally happened

Caporegime
I had lots of emails from wbac for weeks saying the price of mine has gone up, until a couple of weeks ago they sent one warning me it is about to drop. I haven't bothered checking again but it sounds like it's finally happened
Just checked mine now, £14k exactly. Given there are the same cars with more than double the mileage for a shade under £17k on AT they’d be looking at £3k profit which I think is pretty cheeky. I know, dealers need to make money but that seems excessive.

Man of Honour
They won't get all that profit though, the dealer will have to buy it from BCA and presumably will end up paying slightly more than WBAC gave you (otherwise there is no point WBAC buying it in the first place).
In other words you sell it for £14k, WBAC incurs a few hundred in costs shipping it to auction, administration, covering their overheads etc. Dealer buys it at auction for £15k, they then have to cover their own overheads, cosmetic repairs etc. By this point the car has probably cost them approaching £16k.

A key thing with car trading is they are a large physical good and hence there are significant overheads involved (obviously helped by having bigger scale), it's not like trading virtual assets like shares, crypto etc where the overheads are very low and hence profits are driven mostly by the delta between purchase price and sale price.

A rule of thumb I have is that a car will always need to be sold by a dealer for at least £1.5k more than whatever they paid for it (and that's not being greedy, that's just to make sure they can make a tiny profit), and with WBAC you have an extra middle-man in the equation (unless it goes on Cinch obviously).

Caporegime
They won't get all that profit though, the dealer will have to buy it from BCA and presumably will end up paying slightly more than WBAC gave you (otherwise there is no point WBAC buying it in the first place).
In other words you sell it for £14k, WBAC incurs a few hundred in costs shipping it to auction, administration, covering their overheads etc. Dealer buys it at auction for £15k, they then have to cover their own overheads, cosmetic repairs etc. By this point the car has probably cost them approaching £16k.

A key thing with car trading is they are a large physical good and hence there are significant overheads involved (obviously helped by having bigger scale), it's not like trading virtual assets like shares, crypto etc where the overheads are very low and hence profits are driven mostly by the delta between purchase price and sale price.

A rule of thumb I have is that a car will always need to be sold by a dealer for at least £1.5k more than whatever they paid for it (and that's not being greedy, that's just to make sure they can make a tiny profit), and with WBAC you have an extra middle-man in the equation (unless it goes on Cinch obviously).
WBAC are owned by BCA who I believe also own Cinch. A car like mine would likely end up on there rather than going through an auction.

Soldato
Soldato
Just checked my Merc, it has gone back up again to £34,395. Not quite the October high of £38,500 but it has pretty much doubled in mileage (to 15k) and got another 9 months older.

Back
Top Bottom