WC: A leak and some strange monitor behavior...

Associate
OP
yeye thanks for the info Marci, exactly what I will do (apart from shielding the pump...I will move it as far away from my monitor as possible, another 30cm should do it, theres only a little bit if pulse atm.

I bought some PTFE tape today I was so pleased when the shop said they had some =D And I won't have to empty the system because it's closed, right? no air can get in therefore I only have to worry about the water in the pump...

And yer feriso I'll be keepin the radiator and cpu block, maybe the reservoir if I can stop it making so much trickling noise, it's like a urinal near my ear at the mo lol

Soldato
My 1048 leaked from the outlet, PTFE taped it and it stopped, this is with the O-ring fitted, seemingly it didnt do anything to stop the leak anyway.

I didnt realise the 1048 was unshielded, would this cause really bad reception on a tv card? I had the pump about an inch away from the tuner.

Associate
flipside said:
I won't have to empty the system because it's closed, right?

Won't you have to drain the system so that you can remove the hose tails from the pump, wrap PTFE tape round the threads and then screw them in again?

Associate
OP
Already done it and it worked a treat :)

I drained some of the water (until it stopped flowing out) and the took out the barb wrapped it in tape and did it up again. Then I also replaced one of the hoses with a 10mm one, looks awesome now, I just need to find 6mm-8mm ID pass-through screw-in barbs...which seemingly don't exist...

Soldato
Trailster rider,

Good to hear it's all working. You can get 6mm to 8mm adaptors: just darn hard to find! Probably better to just replace all the parts that have 6mm fittings...err...that'll be most of your system then won't it? :p

Heckler rider.

Associate
OP
oo nice, Hecklers r smooth =)

I just need those parts for the reservoir because it doesn't use barbs :( hose clips then straight through 6mm screwins. The rest of it will stay ;) Until I sell my old comp and have more cash!

Associate
6mm-8mm ID pass-through screw-in barbs

Your terminology is off... thass the problem... I've been in the watercooling game for 7 years if not a touch longer, and haven't got a clue what you're on about there...

Sounds like you've got EITHER 6mm quickconnect fittings, or 8mm quickconnect fittings... in which case, they should unscrew from the res, leaving (probably) a 1/4" BSP hole into which you can fit a 1/4" BSP to 1/2" Hosetail fitting. Depends which res it is...

Associate
Clarkey said:
My 1048 leaked from the outlet, PTFE taped it and it stopped, this is with the O-ring fitted, seemingly it didnt do anything to stop the leak anyway.

I didnt realise the 1048 was unshielded, would this cause really bad reception on a tv card? I had the pump about an inch away from the tuner.

Sounds likely - either move it or shield it. Wrap in copper wire or mesh and earth to case (google for tips)

Shame about the 1048 - AFAIK its bigger brothers are EMI shielded.

Back
Top Bottom