We built this city on rock and swole

Soldato
So, a new year a new log.. Last year/early this year I quit the gym as I moved further away from it and at nearly £50 a month it was quite expensive. This has meant that I have put on weight and probably lost all/the little gains I had. :( Me and the fiancé are now also expecting a little son in November so with this in mind I thought it was time to bring the gym to me...

As our garage is an old one we decided and the scoob doesn't really fit in it. (It does but that is literally all that you can get in there when its in..) I decided that I should make it my gym. :cool:

Here are some pictures of the garage/gym makeover in progress:

Had some new doors put on it, put in some brand new guttering:

BE49DD8B-1089-4500-A2A2-34DDFC5AA695_zpsduotvtzb.jpg

View into of garage/gym:

C443F364-B9F1-4EA6-BC24-96A4294884A4_zpsk6tiaubk.jpg

View out of garage/gym:

2E750582-FCA7-490F-AC29-2CA06137FCF8_zps1vsdwaet.jpg

Here are some pictures of the gym since I have finished decorating:

Outside with added solar light gains and protein laden bird feeders :)
827340FE-3E90-4FD3-815A-DEAA58DD4AA0_zpsfe4btftp.jpg

Inside
F91B0BD1-5BE3-46CF-A9E7-3CE17E5D6AE8_zpshymj29ae.jpg

//Placeholder//

And here is what I am going to put in the gym as a starting point: (Due to arrive 23/6/2015)

• Bodycraft F430 Power Rack
  • Bodymax PM121 Weight Bench
  • Bodymax 145kg Olympic Rubber Radial Barbell Kit with 7 ft bar and spring collars
  • Bodycraft F432 Dip Attachment for F430 Power Rack
  • BodyCraft F433 Extra Bar Hooks for F430 Power Cage

And here are some pictures of everything now in place!

//Placeholder//

//Placeholder//

//Placeholder//

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So more importantly, anyone can have a gym but its what you do in it that counts... To start off I am going to do a few months of Stronglifts. Although its pretty boring I found it pretty effective and results are easy to track. I reckon 6 injury free months of that will have me back to where I was before. :)

I'll also post the pictures of my gym upgrades as and when they happen as well as my progress.

Stats as of now:

Height - 6ft 2
Weight - 104kg... (Hold me) :(
Composition - Marshmallow

PeeB's
Kingpin83 ----------- 80 / 120 / 160 --------------------- [96] ------360

Goals:
Reduce weight - low 90's/high 80's
Reaacquire gainz
Hit 400kg total by Xmas

Watch this space...

Soldato
OP
Damn... how come you can gain weight so impressively? It took me ages of eating (what I thought was) everything and still only just about cracked 100kg. :(

Dude.. Its terrible. :( I'm not blaming the fiancé but when we got together I was in the very low 90's. In 2012 when I did the Brighton marathon I was low 80's!!! Still, if you want to gain weight follow my x step guide:

* Stop lifting
* Stop cardio
* Eat anything you like and far more than what you require
* Profit :o:D

Still, I've recognised it and now I'm doing something about it. Never shall I do this to myself again. I'm hoping the convenience of the home gym will help.

Soldato
OP
Let the games begin!!!

EF8FB0D7-6906-4DF2-A3D0-6BD1D806DDA8_zpscas0urnj.jpg

Powerhouse are a bit tardy on deliveries but they stuck with their promise of a free bench upgrade. Got the 122 instead of the 121. Just got to grab the floor mats from the parents as they were delivered to theirs and I can then get this show on the road.

Soldato
OP
Finally managed to get all these goodies put together this evening:

551B9A46-F381-4A65-97B6-6FA85E334C9A_zpszqkur28q.jpg

So I will do a few sessions over the next few days to get my body re-used to the idea of weightlifting again. Hopefully this will get the worst of the DOMS out of the way for me to start on strong lifts on Monday. Woohoo!!! :D

Soldato
OP
Me too! Its going to be so good having a home gym. "Just popping down the garage for some gainz!" :cool:

I feel proper knackered today after building that and painting the new arrivals room. I've ordered 6 more mats to go at the front of the rack as a deadlift area. Then all I need are some mirrors to go on the wall and maybe a tree for my new weights and that will be it for the moment. I'll probably have a shakedown session tonight to get my body used to the idea of lifting again and induce the preliminary crippling DOMs. I'll post the embarrassment here. :)

Soldato
OP
So this evening I had to go to a leaving do after work, didn't escape that until 9.. Got home, then took the pug for a walk then finally got home about 10 ish. Then I realised I had a gym in my garage that I haven't yet properly tested!? Decided to go and have a little play to see where I am strength wise, get a feel for the equipment, see where I'd like to set the catchers, best place to put the bench etc etc. ended up doing the following:

Bench
Bar x lots
Bar x lots
40kg x 5
50kg x 5
60kg x 2
40kg x5

Squat
Bar x 5
Bar x 5
40kg x 5
40kg x 5
Really felt these. Quite amazing really knowing that I've destroyed these kinds of figures before! Haha! Very humbling.
40kg x 4 and I started to really feel my likes wtf'ing so called time on squats

Deadlift
40kg x 5
40kg x 10
50kg x 10

And then I left it there and decided to do some chins/dips. I say some, I did one of each. 1. Of each...

So at worse this is a stake in the ground for this log. The only way is up. :)

Soldato
OP
The DOMs I thought I was going to get I got... Haha! Although it wasn't bad enough to not get started this morning..

Day 1:
Squats
bar x 5
bar x 5
35kg x 3
50kg x 5 x 5

Bench
bar x 5
bar x 5
30kg x 3
40kg x 5 x 5

BB Row
30kg x 5 x 5

Dips
BW x 2
BW x 4
BW x 5

All pretty much standard, boring and low weight i'm afraid. The dips were hilarious. I felt like a rusty, heavy old gate that hadn't performed the movement for a long time. So that's why that got better with each attempt! :o

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom