****Weekend Footie Spoilers****

Soldato
I actually thought Carrick played really well today. In fact, so did fletcher lol. Rooney was not good, but all in all i'm happy. Obviously we get no points for hitting the post, however, it is reflective of our dominance in the match so yes, appropriate to point out. I'd take 38 1-0 wins so as far as i'm concerned, 2-0 is fine.

Soldato
Badboy2k3 said:
BTW wtf is going on with Rooneys ginger beard :eek:

Not shaving till he scores.

Ronaldo looked class again, I love him as a player, so hungry. Only saw MOTD but Carrick made a few lovely passes and played well with Scholes. Dead pleased for Ole too :)

Soldato
My dad sat next to me at the game said he wouldnt of paid 18.60 pence for Carrick never mind £18.6mil :D

Carrick though was marginally better than he has been recently, especially in the second half. Fletcher also played as a right winger properly today, i think they have had serious words with the lad, he was sticking to the touch line like glue today right from the off.....was good to see him actually giving Utd width.

I cant reiterate how bad Newcastle were though, the back four needs completely replacing and Parker/Butt both had bad games.

Man of Honour
To be fair I thought Hleb did actually have a good game (from the highlights). His passing was better than usual.

Decent goal by RvP - certainly not the best left foot volley I've seen in recent years though.

Loads of sitters missed yesterday, or 'doing a Jenas' as it is known in some parts :)

Caporegime
Carlos_S said:
Roeder was still the right appointment, we do still have an injury list as follows- Given, Owen, Dyer, Bernard, Solano and Bramble, Babayaro suspended

Did you not see our injury list last season?
Also, as a side note, I wish Evra and Silvestre were permanently suspended.

Associate
Chong Warrior said:
You're talking total **swinging bag between legs**

First off Liverpool didn't beat Spurs easily at all, if you say they did then you didn't see the game and you're a teletext fan, you've seen the 3-0 scoreline and thought walkover :rolleyes: ask anyone who saw the game and most ill agree we were unlucky and could easily have come with points.

Also the team featured 4 different players and a different formation for 45 minutes...

so what's your point? :p

That was a fairly comfortable win for us. First half was tricky but that was about it.
Andy Gray said after the game that it was a "lucky" win for Liverpool........No wonder he is a grade A ******* :mad:

Soldato
rayb74 said:
That was a fairly comfortable win for us. First half was tricky but that was about it.
Andy Gray said after the game that it was a "lucky" win for Liverpool........No wonder he is a grade A ******* :mad:
Did you see the game?

We could easily have been 2-0 up before you scored and had Jenas scored that easy chance 30 seconds before your first I'm certain we'd have got at least a point. It's just football, Spurs were on one of those rotten runs were nothing will go for you, I mean 10 hours without scoring?? :eek: The Riise thunderbolt is just typical of what happens when your luck is down.

I wouldn't call Liverpool's win lucky, but then I certainly wouldn't call it an easy win or even comfortable either.

Soldato
Not seen anyone mention Jagielka's goal, was an absolute peach. Nicely controlled on the chest and then a 30 odd yard volley into the bottom corner. Was the game winner too for their first 3 points. Personaly i thought it was on a par with RvP's.

Soldato
CliffyG said:
Not seen anyone mention Jagielka's goal, was an absolute peach. Nicely controlled on the chest and then a 30 odd yard volley into the bottom corner. Was the game winner too for their first 3 points. Personaly i thought it was on a par with RvP's.
Not sure of the name but was it for Sheff UTD?

Absolute stunner! :eek: If Henry or Rooney had scored that it would have made the main headline on the national news :D

Agree it was on a par with RvP's... probably better :p

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Not sure of the name but was it for Sheff UTD?

Absolute stunner! :eek: If Henry or Rooney had scored that it would have made the main headline on the national news :D

Agree it was on a par with RvP's... probably better :p

Aye he is a centre back for Sheffield United. Was a belter and deserves far more recognition than it got.

Not sure who's is best to be honest, both technically very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktFur43w9bw

Back
Top Bottom