****Weekend Footie Spoilers****

Soldato
Hlebio said:
RVP's second was a stonker. Brilliant.

Charlton can feel hard done by though, RVP should have beent sent off and the Gallas handball looked a penalty.

And Hleb doubters, where are yah?

Today he was sensational. A creative menace all day long. Kept the ball well and passed brilliantly. Drove at players at times too.

Best player on the pitch.

Cesc was better today, as was Gilberto. Not saying Hleb played badly. We could have had a penalty too in the first half for a handball. Not sure if RvP should have gone. It looked to me as if he was going for the ball, but Hasslebaink was in the way, making it look like it was a kick. But I'd need to see it properly again.

Don
G|mp said:
He uses all of his box fair play but then why do other keepers levae half a yard, so they dont get caught out by dumb linesmen maybe?
Maybe you don't understand so i'll say it again.
If you don't break any rules and get penalised (for not breaking a rule) you have every right to complain.
The free-kick was given because of the fans reaction, if the linesman had a clear view he would have easily been able to see the Reina let go of the ball 2 yards inside his box.

Permabanned
BaZ87 said:
Maybe you don't understand so i'll say it again.
If you don't break any rules and get penalised (for not breaking a rule) you have every right to complain.
The free-kick was given because of the fans reaction, if the linesman had a clear view he would have easily been able to see the Reina let go of the ball 2 yards inside his box.

I understood it perfectly but you still dont understand why he got caught out

He. looks. like. he. leaves. the. box. when. he. kicks. it. right. on. the. edge.

This. he. cant. complain. about. if. he. keeps. doing. it. because. linesmen. get. things. wrong. sometimes. and. by. doing. it. he. creates. his. own. problem.

Now read each word and try and take it in :)

Don
May aswell make the penalty box 2 yards smaller because according to you keepers can't use the outer 2 yards.
No matter what you say it was the lino that made a mistake not Reina (well for the free-kick anyway) so Reina has every right to complain.

Permabanned
Did i say it was Reinas fault?

I said he doesnt make it easy for the linesman by taking it right to the edge of the box and therfore the linesman may make a mistake which is what happenened

Now to sum it up, Andy Gray thought he came outside the penalty box, an Arsenal fan and his friends watching thought he did, i was watching and thought he did and Dtab whoever he supports (i cant remember) thought he did too so you cant really blame the linesman when most neutrals watching thought he was outside as well

Soldato
Missing Gimpy's point I think ;)

G|mp said:
Now to sum it up, Andy Gray thought he came outside the penalty box, an Arsenal fan and his friends watching thought he did, i was watching and thought he did and Dtab whoever he supports (i cant remember) thought he did too so you cant really blame the linesman when most neutrals watching thought he was outside as well

Dtab is 'Pool;) My mate watching it is a Gooner too, named after the Legend that is Liam Brady.

Soldato
BaZ87 said:
Exactly the same start to last season, hopefully we can keep the core of our side injury free for a while and im sure we will go on a run like we did this time last year.
Talking about the amount of changes Benitez makes; yea he makes a lot but we have had quite a few injuries in the opening weeks.

What is it now with Benitez, 85 games making changes and not having the same eleven play two games in a row?

Permabanned
Gooner14 said:
Dtab is 'Pool;) My mate watching it is a Gooner too, named after the Legend that is Liam Brady.

I rest my case, a Liverpool fan and a little drunken Irishman thought it was as well ;)

Don
G|mp said:
Did i say it was Reinas fault?
I didn't say you did. You did say he had no right to complain about the decision given against him.

G|mp said:
I doubt either Andy Gray, you or your mates were particularly looking to see exactly where Reina lets go of the ball, which is what the linesman and ref should have been doing. But if you were and you thourght he handled outside the box then you all need to go down specsavers because the replays show he was a good 2 yards inside the box. I guess you all saw Reina follow through outside the box and presumed that he handled outside the box, but a linesman shouldnt give a decision if he didnt see it (which is the only thing i imagine he done)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes, yes you won Barry

Everyone on here knows what happenened and can see my point

Like i said Andy Gray, a Liverpool fan, an Arsenal fan, a Manc and Liam Brady all see it the same as me its only you that cant grasp it

If thats how you win an argument then yes you have won Barry

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm a 'pool fan who hasn't seen the incident :p

But i know what has happened cos i've seen him do the same thing many times before.I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing (unlike when a ball is crossed into his box :p ) and times everything perfectly,BUT,it often LOOKS like he's outside the box with his hand still on the ball.Maybe officials have seen the same and decided to come down on him for it :confused: Just a shame that it led to the all important goal today :mad:

Back
Top Bottom