****Weekend Footie Spoilers****

Don
G|mp said:
Yes, yes you won Barry

Everyone on here knows what happenened and can see my point

Like i said Andy Gray, a Liverpool fan, an Arsenal fan, a Manc and Liam Brady all see it the same as me its only you that cant grasp it

If thats how you win an argument then yes you have won Barry

thanks, my name isn't barry btw.
BaZ is an acronym.
Heres a definition of an acronym just incase you don't know:
http://www.lib.vt.edu/help/instruct/glossary.html

Your the only one who has said he has no right to complain, people may have said it looked as if he had handled outside the box, which is fair enough. But he didn't handle outside the box and the lino made a mistake so he has every right to complain.

And i have never said that i couldn't believe that people thourght he may have handled outside his box.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hlebio said:
RVP's second was a stonker. Brilliant.

Charlton can feel hard done by though, RVP should have beent sent off and the Gallas handball looked a penalty.

And Hleb doubters, where are yah?

Today he was sensational. A creative menace all day long. Kept the ball well and passed brilliantly. Drove at players at times too.

Best player on the pitch.

I havent seen anything of the game and i still dont believe you. Is he related to your or something as i can't see why else you go completely over the top about every game he plays in. Not saying he's crap of course just that he never plays as well as you say.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got back from the Charlton game. A fantastic game of football, so free flowing and open, could have easily have been 6-6! Arsenal deserved the win if im honest, Henry and co were too much for our battered team to deal with. Look out of RvP's second goal on the tele.

As for Hleb being the best player on the pitch? Were you there? lol :p

As for Charlton, the next 4/5 games are winnable. We dont got a points haul from them, then im going to be seriously worried.

Permabanned
Gooner14 said:
Cesc was better today, as was Gilberto. Not saying Hleb played badly. We could have had a penalty too in the first half for a handball. Not sure if RvP should have gone. It looked to me as if he was going for the ball, but Hasslebaink was in the way, making it look like it was a kick. But I'd need to see it properly again.

No way.

Gilberto gave the ball away time and time again and Fabregas still has a gear or two to go in to this season.

Hleb was on another level. His quick feet are out of this world and he had a hand in both goals and was creating all afternoon.

Did you watch the match? And if so, did you have your eyes open? ;)

Permabanned
CliffyG said:
I havent seen anything of the game and i still dont believe you. Is he related to your or something as i can't see why else you go completely over the top about every game he plays in. Not saying he's crap of course just that he never plays as well as you say.

We're on football first. Watch. Admire.

Frank Butcher said:
. As for Hleb being the best player on the pitch? Were you there? lol :p

Who would you suggest was then? The only players I'd except are RVP or Henry.. although apart from RVP's goals he wasn't anything particularly special and Henry missed a complete and utter sitter which drops his rating, and he gave the ball away a lot with first time flicks and stuff.

Last edited:
Permabanned
What, 2-3 people on here as opposed to a whole mass of Arsenal fans elsewhere on forums?

No, not really.

And what is with this 4-5-1 formation? I say 4-5-1 but it's more like 4-4-1-1 but with the player behind Henry (RVP) stuck out left.

4-5-1 against big teams only, not Charlton ffs. It's a formation that screams scared, scared to concede and scared to attack except on the break. It's not what Arsenal are about and it's taking the qualities of Henry and binning them. Right now he is playing a lone striker who does little more than ping first time passes back to the central midfield or out wide. It's a joke.

Permabanned
I'm a big fan :D, so shoot me? *Shrugs*

But he was honestly great today, watch football first and see!

And it's just that it seems Arsenal fans call him crap because he has a tendency to give the ball away and that is all they remember, despite him often creating chance after chance for us and being a really hard worker too.

Soldato
Ah ok, i thought these would forums would present a good cross section of arsenal fans. Apparently not then.

We struggle playing 4-4-2 against teams with 5 in the middle. It's what beat us so much the last 2 seasons which is why Wenger has adapted our formation. Whenever we play 4-4-2 against 4-4-2 we always dominate though so i think we should only play 4-5-1 in europe and when playing a domestic team with 5 across the middle. Wenger seems to opt for 4-5-1 a bit too much for my liking.

Permabanned
It was a good 3 points but a very 'meh' performance.

Hoyte COULD have been sent off, RVP SHOULD have been sent off, Hasselbaink SHOULD have scored and Charlton SHOULD have had a penalty.

And that miss by Henry was.. shocking.

Man of Honour
We were shocking in front of goal, even Godba missed a couple of sitters. SWP, Lamps & Kalou weren't blameless either and Sheva still looks a shadow of the player he apparently was:(
Essien had another great game though & Cole looks to be getting the hang of things although that Agbonlahor lad had him once or twice, he looks a good prospect, assuming he chooses England over Nigeria:)

Don
JohnnyG said:
We were shocking in front of goal, even Godba missed a couple of sitters. SWP, Lamps & Kalou weren't blameless either and Sheva still looks a shadow of the player he apparently was:(
Essien had another great game though & Cole looks to be getting the hang of things although that Agbonlahor lad had him once or twice, he looks a good prospect, assuming he chooses England over Nigeria:)
Just been watching the Chelsea match; how on earth did Makelele stay on the pitch? Angel has gone clean through and Makelele has literally jumped on his back, it looked hilarious :D didnt even get a free kick

Back
Top Bottom