****Weekend Footie Spoilers****

Man of Honour
So do all players in that position and that style of play. Vieira, Keane, Sissoko, Batty, Ince, Hamann. They've all got away with far more than you'd find elsewhere on the park. Look at Sissoko, should've been sent off against Chelsea and IIRC he didn't even get booked.

Don
Sissoko did get booked.
I can't think of many that manage to get away with as much as Makelele does though, but fair play to him.
Not sure if you seen the one today; its as blatent a foul and red card as you will ever see but he didn't even give away a freekick.

Man of Honour
Maka doesn't usually foul that much to be honest, not the sort of blatant ones like today anyway. It should have been a yellow today granted, but not a red and as Big G pointed out, Sissoko got away with far worse against us the other week, clearly kicking the ball away is yellow & that would have made 2, only if the ref has the balls to do it though:)

Don
im not having a go at him, just commenting on his knack (like Hamann had) of fouling people and looking inicent. Both had a knack of winning freekicks from nothing as well.

Can't really say Sissoko gets away with much, he gets booked for walking near people, although he should have been sent off vs Chelsea, iirc it wouldn't have been for kicking the ball away but for bringing down Lampard though

edit\ just seen Joey Barton is being investigated for flashing his backside as he left the pitch, just as it seemed he was calming down

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've never seen Maka as that sort of player, he puts in more than his fair share of tackles & the majority of them are genuine, maybe you only see the bad ones;)
I mentioned Sissoko kicking the ball away as that is a definite yellow card by definition whereas fouling isn't necessarily:)

Man of Honour
Linoge said:
Ferguson loves Maka, I think we may be signing him next summer as a replacement for Keane. ;)
You can have him the year after next;)

After his first season at Chelsea I was very disappointed with him, but as everyone knows he is 2nd to none in his position now, I'm talking specifically about the PL of course.
It's very odd that that happens a lot with players we sign, Drogba is now on fire, Essien is everyhere always now doing good things (even Gilly will warm to him soon), Geremi can't put a foot wrong, Lamps didn't blossom for a season or so etc. it is probably only Cech who's come in recently & been outstanding from the start. The same seems to be happening this year, Cole, Sheva, Ballack & Kalou all come with great records but haven't produced. Cole & Kalou have time to right that, Sheva & Ballack haven't...

Soldato
He was brilliant at Madrid, fingers crossed Ferguons signs him in two summers then, he'll only be 35 as well. :eek: Plenty of football left in him. ;)

Drogba has been immense for Chelsea so far this season, could also have something to do with Schevchenko being there. Although your theory would currently apply to Schevchenko in his first season because he's been pretty poor so far.

Man of Honour
Drogba has been great up front since a lot of fans had a go at him late last season & he started to stay on his feet more often as a consequence. His goal against Blackburn proved what he can do, ran with the ball from just inside their half, the defender had at least 2 snaps at him, showed him the outside but DD stayed up powered in to a shooting position & banged it home. When he uses his strengths their are few better in the PL at the moment:)

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
Maka doesn't usually foul that much to be honest, not the sort of blatant ones like today anyway. It should have been a yellow today granted, but not a red and as Big G pointed out, Sissoko got away with far worse against us the other week, clearly kicking the ball away is yellow & that would have made 2, only if the ref has the balls to do it though:)

Not a red?!?!?! He tried to climb up his back whe he was clear through on goal! Last man and clear through = red.

Back
Top Bottom