Weights vs Cardio?

Associate
I have lost loads of weight under the Euro Training programme.

Serious answer though, check out the video series by Eric Helms on nutrition. It's rather long but well worth watching to get a better understanding on effective dieting.

Soldato
I assume he means just having blended vegetables for two weeks and not taking a load of tren. Somebody in work did the juice diet and lost a stone..... but was the same weight again in a few months. As others have said it's about a whole lifestyle change not eat healthy for 2 months then go back to before.

Man of Honour
I assume he means just having blended vegetables for two weeks and not taking a load of tren. Somebody in work did the juice diet and lost a stone..... but was the same weight again in a few months. As others have said it's about a whole lifestyle change not eat healthy for 2 months then go back to before.

I'd agree but I've learnt it's best never to assume anything in this place :D

Man of Honour
By juicing do you mean steroids, things like Juice+ or living on freshly blended/juiced fruit and veg?

Just checking as the answers are rather different for all 3.
Not roids but I thought the latter two were the same? Whatever it is they rave about on the radio, celebs doing it etc and people saying they always feel full as they have the right nutrients in their bodies.

Man of Honour
Not roids but I thought the latter two were the same? Whatever it is they rave about on the radio, celebs doing it etc and people saying they always feel full as they have the right nutrients in their bodies.

Not quite Juice+ is a pyramid scheme designed to sell highly overpriced snake oil pills potions and powders, while juice diets are at least not there to make someone else richer at the poor buggers expense.

Both are fad diets, both will cause quick weight loss, both will see the people rebound at a rate of knots when they stop which then keeps the cycle going.

I haven't posted in the SA in many years, but this thread.. wow.

Listen to @Freefaller, @Steedie and @tom_e pls. For the love of god.

*Like*

Man of Honour
Cheers tom. What's your background, profession? May do some more reading of your posts. Sorry OP if taking this off topic.

Man of Honour
Cheers tom. What's your background, profession? May do some more reading of your posts. Sorry OP if taking this off topic.

I'm an IT chimp by profession, just have an interest in lifting and nutrition even if I don't always follow my own advice :o

There are many better members on here such as Steedie, Freefaller and Mrthingyx to name a few if you want to garnish knowledge from past posts. I have a vague idea on what I'm talking about most of the time but it doesn't always make for real in depth reading :)

Man of Honour
I've had 1 x slice of brown bread toast, with cheese and ham for brekkie myself today.
I will have a uncle bens chilli pot for lunch (250 cals-ish)
And for dinner tonight is chicken breat, with mashed potato, carrots, broccohi, and sprouts.
I have apples and bananas in fridge for when I'm peckish.

So I'm doing similiar to you, but I got slated for this type of food intake (see my thread in the food forum section) - cannot win. eh?

That's because the food you're eating is terrible, and you're eating too little.

People assume that to lose weight you need to starve yourself which couldn't be further from the truth. My dad wanted to lose his gut but just eats terribly. He was eating next to nothing thinking that's the best way to lose weight

I put him on a diet that was close to 2700 calories which alarmed him at first and he was convinced he'd balloon given it was more than he'd eaten in his life consistently, mixed with some light cardio 3 times a week. He lost a stone and a half in 12 weeks, which was awesome given there wasn't a huge amount for him to lose, and he was delighted. Yet in a year of eating next to nothing previously, he probably lost a gram or something ridiculous, he didn't change at all

Man of Honour
Steedie, any sites you'd recommend to go get info on what to eat to achieve weight loss? I have plateaued at 90kg and want to get to 80 kg eventually and lose my gut. After being 110-115 I'm half way there, but as was mentioned in here my diet isn't too good (although I did think it was!).

Back
Top Bottom