Weights vs Cardio?

Man of Honour
OK, can you give me a 7 day food plan that would be suitable for me?
I'm lost!

I'm 17stone 3lb now.
5ft 11"
35 years old.

There's so many variables that make just giving you a food plan pretty difficult. Such as what your training is like now and times you train, when can you eat (some people have jobs that don't allow them to eat all except once on their lunch), what's your budget, any allergies etc

If you want to send me a trust with answers to those then I'll be happy to throw up something

Man of Honour
OK, can you give me a 7 day food plan that would be suitable for me?
I'm lost!

I'm 17stone 3lb now.
5ft 11"
35 years old.

Considering all the advice you have received over your diet threads there is absolutely no reason for you to be lost if you actually sat down and thought about it and done some research over an evening.

No one is going to hand you that on a plate simply because it takes time and effort to write up and then it's infuriating if you just end up ignoring it anyway.

People will be more than happy to provide advice if you have a go at coming up with something sensible yourself as we already have done.

Edit: You've obviously caught Stoodles on his happy time :D

Soldato
OP
There's so many variables that make just giving you a food plan pretty difficult. Such as what your training is like now and times you train, when can you eat (some people have jobs that don't allow them to eat all except once on their lunch), what's your budget, any allergies etc

If you want to send me a trust with answers to those then I'll be happy to throw up something
done :)

Soldato
OP
Considering all the advice you have received over your diet threads there is absolutely no reason for you to be lost if you actually sat down and thought about it and done some research over an evening.

No one is going to hand you that on a plate simply because it takes time and effort to write up and then it's infuriating if you just end up ignoring it anyway.

People will be more than happy to provide advice if you have a go at coming up with something sensible yourself as we already have done.

Edit: You've obviously caught Stoodles on his happy time :D
the other thread had many people giving different opinions and answers. So it didn't make much sense to me.

Soldato
You were given, and had an understanding of, suitable macros in your other thread :confused:

All Steedie, very kindly, is going to do is work to something along similar lines.

Soldato
OP
You were given, and had an understanding of, suitable macros in your other thread :confused:

All Steedie, very kindly, is going to do is work to something along similar lines.
cool, the point im trying to make is i was eating good/healthy foods (3 full meals per day and snakcs in between as and when i was feeling peckish), and being full and contented with the foods i was eating, but then that wasnt enough cals.

What should I do? just eat more for the sake of it and feel bloated? or to ensure I'm eating more calories... have a kabeb or a pizza just because unhealthy foods is full of cals.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's because the food you're eating is terrible, and you're eating too little.

People assume that to lose weight you need to starve yourself which couldn't be further from the truth. My dad wanted to lose his gut but just eats terribly. He was eating next to nothing thinking that's the best way to lose weight

My gf epitomises this and nothing I can say will change it.

She runs 40 miles a week (and that's before she starts proper marathon training), does weights (albeit girl weights rather than proper lifting) 3-5x a week and additional cardio :eek: Yet probably eats under 1500 cals a day half of which comes from chocolate.

Guess how much weight she's losing? zero. Not that she needs to, but I'm sure she would rather lose a bit of fat than lose nothing whilst feeling like death during every 2+ hour run but the thought of an even slightly constructive diet is just alien.

Its mind boggling. I had to go and pick her up last night because she was about 4 miles from home and thought she was about to faint. Think she'd only eaten a bit of salad all day...

Soldato
OP

These are the types of meals I was having and I got critised for not eating enough calories etc.

Evening meals
3_jan.jpg

2017-01-09%2017.45.28.jpg

15894746_10158121771850533_7712872759431186872_n.jpg

Screenshot%202017-01-15%2015.44.44.png

Breakfast
eggtoast.jpg

Lunch
2017-02-28%2011.35.33.jpg

2017-01-04%2011.37.26.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The trick is to eat a small amount under maintenance calories, and lose weight slowly. You drop too low on cals your body will give you the finger - it's very good at adapting.

What you think looks like a decent amount of calories, probably isn't anymore than 2k. Add in exercise on top of this you could be in a 7-800 cal deficit each day.

Steedie will hook you up, but you will need to readjust your thinking on what is eating enough.

Man of Honour
Steedie has given me an excellent start, it'll take some getting used to with the prep etc, but I think worth it in the end. Thanks again.

Soldato
OP
The trick is to eat a small amount under maintenance calories, and lose weight slowly. You drop too low on cals your body will give you the finger - it's very good at adapting.

What you think looks like a decent amount of calories, probably isn't anymore than 2k. Add in exercise on top of this you could be in a 7-800 cal deficit each day.

Steedie will hook you up, but you will need to readjust your thinking on what is eating enough.

I know I'm eating < 2000 cals roughly, the point is... with these type of foods,which are healthy im struggling to get it up over 2000 cals, unless i swap a meal of steak and veg and boiled potatoes for a kebab or chips. I'm finding the right food a pain in the ass to do, so instead of everybody saying "eat more cals" suggest me a food plan which has the right numbers for me. Cos I'm struggling.

For example - if I'm feeling a little hungry mid morning, I have been having an apple and an orange for example, but thats too low. Should I just find a chocolate bar or a bag of crisps or something that is higher cals? I could eat 4 apples and 4 oranges to boost the cal numbers, but then that has a knock on effect that for lunch I don't want as much.

Man of Honour
All this talk of food, I've eaten like a pig today. I blame whoever put the quiche in the fridge and wrote 'help yourselves' on a note.

Man of Honour
add some healthy fat if you are struggling. makes everything tastier and boosts calories without dding much bulk to the meal.
add in an avocado to the salad meals that's like 240ish calories on its own, plenty of fat and minerals/vitamins, more olive oil(2 tablespoons a day has been shown to increase a number of health markers), butter etc.

just make it fit your macros.

Back
Top Bottom