• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Permabanned
This is Nixxes porting it, the DX12 patch didn't offer the same performance increase in ROTTR as it does in other games; so I wouldn't get my hope up just yet.

DX12 coding was so bad that they have to remove from the launch for Deus EX mankind divided. If it improves performance then mostly 5% to 10% at best because the engine is native DX11 not DX12.

Caporegime
For about the 3rd time - DX12 isn't even in the game yet and any benchmarks claiming to be run in DX12 are rubbish.

Reviewers copy had it in. Performance was so awful they decided to remove it from the released game.

Again another AAA title which wont be worth playing for about 3 months until its patched.

I have also seen people say there are certain areas, not matter what settings you are using that the framerate always drops to exactly 42 fps. This occurs whether you were running at 90fps or 50 fps prior to that point.

Certainly seems to be a lot of issues in the game.

Caporegime
No, DX12 is in the game but they didn't have it in the released game. Reviewers have been testing DX12

Not based on the reviews I read:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/deus-ex-man...kind-divided-pc-performance-graphics-settings

A DirectX 12 mode has also been included, though its not scheduled to be fully supported until around September 5th… which probably explains why the game ran identically for me regardless of whether I had it switched on or stuck with DirectX 11. That'll have a big impact on visuals and performance for those with DX12-compatible cards, though.

Soldato
I will do the bench thread later today but here are the settings I will be using.:)

MSAA off
Preset Ultra

http://i.imgur.com/aJsqfl9.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/TtFd5gB.jpg[img]

Pascal Titan stock (1860/2502)
6950X @4.0
372.54 Drivers
1080p
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3oVL9Eg.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Is there not a 16x Anisotropic Filtering.

Caporegime

“Contrary to our previous announcement, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which is shipping on August 23rd, will unfortunately not support DirectX 12 at launch. We have some extra work and optimizations to do for DX12, and we need more time to ensure we deliver a compelling experience,” the studio announced on Steam.

But reviewers copies clearly had the "beta" version of dx12 which runs awfully.

No wonder it was pulled at the last minute from the launch game.

Anyway, will judge its performance when they fix it in two weeks (bearing in mind they have had months to get directx 12 working on launch.............

Permabanned
Here is my benchmark. GTX 1080 running on Ultra setting at 1080p.
d99c98dd98.jpg

Caporegime
“Contrary to our previous announcement, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which is shipping on August 23rd, will unfortunately not support DirectX 12 at launch. We have some extra work and optimizations to do for DX12, and we need more time to ensure we deliver a compelling experience,” the studio announced on Steam.

That's not a source, that's a statement which doesn't confirm what people are saying.

AFAIK the DX12 mode did nothing in the review copy.

Soldato

Anyway, will judge its performance when they fix it in two weeks (bearing in mind they have had months to get directx 12 working on launch.............

I think you are assuming to much from that. It clearly is not ready but that could mean anything. Vulkan was not ready for the Doom release but when it came it was superior to opengl especially on the AMD side. If Dx12 is not up to where they want it then why release it when there is the Dx11 version to fall back on. Dx12 should be the show case edition as it's the next gen Api so anything less than Dx11 is not good enough.

We will know more when it's released as if it's a decent bit better than Dx11 then it likely was just suffering some issues and the performance was always there. I think this because 2-3 weeks is not going to see a great deal of change and it will be minor issues they need to finish up on.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is not much between 1080p and 2160p, they both look like they could use more MSAA.:D

A lot of games now hardly look any different when switching between 1080P and 4K from what I've seen so far.

Here is my benchmark. GTX 1080 running on Ultra setting at 1080p.
d99c98dd98.jpg

That doesn't seem too bad TBH, Max settings at 1080P and still getting north of 60FPS is decent :)

Soldato
A lot of games now hardly look any different when switching between 1080P and 4K from what I've seen so far.

That doesn't seem too bad TBH, Max settings at 1080P and still getting north of 60FPS is decent :)

Exactly. Turn off MSAA, whack on a decent sweetfx/ reshade profile with SMAA (my preferred choice for nearly all games these days) and this should be great. Hoping SLI runs without any bother and my 980Tis should handle this well at 3440 x 1440. If not I would be v disappointed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Exactly. Turn off MSAA, whack on a decent sweetfx/ reshade profile with SMAA (my preferred choice for nearly all games these days) and this should be great. Hoping SLI runs without any bother and my 980Tis should handle this well at 3440 x 1440. If not I would be v disappointed.

Any links to sweetfx profiles for a beginner please? A site where I can just pick one for each game would be great :)

Back
Top Bottom