• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Soldato
BUT WE ARENT EVEN TALKING ABOUT APPLYING ANY AA EVEN ON 1080P AND YOU STILL NEED A £400 CARD TO RUN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAA apparently has only a very minor performance hit. Some people are complaining about the IQ using it, but it's certainly an 'affordable' AA solution.

It's MSAA that costs so much.

Caporegime
Is that a fact?

Seems a GTX1070 will let you run everything 'on' and Very High settings at over 60fps average.

And a GTX970 will get you over 60fps using High settings.

Very High and Ultra settings include some very demanding options.

Also many are reporting that the game runs much better than the benchmark results would suggest.

average framerates not minimum if you want to keep at 60 or above ;)

you need a 1070 or better to keep framerates above 60fps at 1080P on medium.

Now can you see my point? A £400 card to run a game at 1080p with no AA.

Soldato

Welcome to PC gaming, Boat loads of money poured into a metal box for not much in the way of results :p

Soldato

Minimum framerates can often be caused by quick, occasional dips. If a game runs at 60fps+ for 95% of the time or more, I'm pretty sure most people would be just fine with that.

If you want an absolute locked framerate that *never ever* drops below, many games are going look a whole lot more demanding. Fair enough if that's your standard, but that's largely your issue, not the game or the GPU tech. Having high standards comes with high costs in this hobby.

And as I said, are you going by benchmarks or by actual gameplay? Because the bench seems to be more demanding than when you're actually playing.

Soldato
Looks like the game eats VRAM as well at higher quality settings http://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._graphics_performance_benchmark_review,9.html

Future is not looking good for those 3GB card owners out there

My Fury X essentially maxes out its memory at 1440p Ultra.
I hit minimums of 26.2 on Ultra, and knocking settings down to High nets me minimums of 41.7.

It's worth noting that 1080p and 1440p @ Ultra have the exact same minimum fps.

UcvG9Ri.gif

Single Fury X 1050/500 (stock)
5820K 4.0Ghz
16.7.3 Drivers

1080p Ultra
EeyqSE2.png

1440p High
pGV7mQ6.png

1440p Ultra
IdGHdhh.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Welcome to PC gaming, Boat loads of money poured into a metal box for not much in the way of results :p

Point is I have no issues with games like WItcher 3, tomb raider, GTA 5, Doom. none of them I can run at 4k everything maxed out and get the performance I want (doom excepted) so I am happy to tweak graphics settings lower.

When you have to start tweaking graphics settings lower at 1080P with a TitanX that's when I start to despair.

Its not like it looks any better than those games anyway.

Soldato
Point is I have no issues with games like WItcher 3, tomb raider, GTA 5, Doom. none of them I can run at 4k everything maxed out and get the performance I want (doom excepted) so I am happy to tweak graphics settings lower.

When you have to start tweaking graphics settings lower at 1080P with a TitanX that's when I start to despair.

Its not like it looks any better than those games anyway.
The higher end settings in Mankind Divided do not provide a significant jump in visuals. They are 'bad value' unless you've got performance to spare. But it's still good to have them as options for revisiting the game later with more powerful hardware. Or if you're the type who is fine playing at 30fps or something and would prefer the graphics goodies.

This makes the game look a lot more demanding than it is. You can get 95% of the visuals at High settings at half the cost in performance. You say you understand this, but then you make comments like you just did which seem to suggest you dont.

Play on High if you want to use higher resolutions with your top end card.

Caporegime
The higher end settings in Mankind Divided do not provide a significant jump in visuals. They are 'bad value' unless you've got performance to spare. But it's still good to have them as options for revisiting the game later with more powerful hardware. Or if you're the type who is fine playing at 30fps or something and would prefer the graphics goodies.

This makes the game look a lot more demanding than it is. You can get 95% of the visuals at High settings at half the cost in performance. You say you understand this, but then you make comments like you just did which seem to suggest you dont.

Play on High if you want to use higher resolutions with your top end card.

But you cant even play on high. Unless you are going to tell me you cant see any difference between medium and high and ultra?

Soldato
That's a good thing, Just shows us how well AMD have done when their mid range 480 GPU is pretty much on par with their last gen top end GPU :)
Except it's not.

Gameplay performance by benchmarkers shows the Fury X is a good bit ahead.

480 is just a smidge faster than the 390 in this game. Right where you'd expect it to be going by just about every other game.

Soldato
Except it's not.

Gameplay performance by benchmarkers shows the Fury X is a good bit ahead.

480 is just a smidge faster than the 390 in this game. Right where you'd expect it to be going by just about every other game.

Didn't the other chap just say his Fury X is only barely faster than a 480 in the bench ?

Seems to be a lot of conflicting numbers going on :p

Man of Honour
OP
I did a few months ago and I have 20:20 vision thanks :)

The biggest difference for me personally was 1080P to 1440P, Going to 4K from 1440P I saw a tad less aliasing and a lot less performance, 4K is very over hyped.

I don't want to worry you but 20:20 vison is far from the best you can have.

Having said that it is still pretty good.:)

Caporegime
What are you talking about? A GTX970 can handle the game on High at 1080/60fps.

And the differences between High and the higher settings is very minimal. Top AO setting is the only one I'd fret about.

Doubt it. A 1070 on high at 1080p can scrape a min 56fps, needs to be on medium settings for a steady 60+

A 970 gets 37 min fps and av 48 on high with no AA, just TAA Thats at least 20% off your claimed 60fps even allowing for just average fps.

Even on medium its 42 min and av 55fps with no AA

Since when did pc gamers suddenly become happy and satisfied with running games at not much more than 30 fps console speed?

And with no AA at a miserly 1080p?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2016/08/23/deus-ex-mankind-divided-benchmarked/3

Back
Top Bottom