Well I fell down the custom keyboard world.

Soldato
There is one or two on the OEMs website, however that would be a pricey option given shipping, tax and customs... I would love for a vendor in the UK to do another group buy as i am quite taken with this model!
Thanks, I had my eye on this too but didnt think they had any stock.

Have the following on the way, so a little over budget already with the shipping before i get hit with any import tax but hoping stops me ever wanting to upgrade.
  • Zoom75 Essential Edition - Lilac / PVD Mirror Prism Brass Knob Stainless Steel Weight / Tri-mode Flex Cut Hotswap RGB PCB
  • ZoomPad Essential Edition - Lilac / PVD Mirror Prism Brass Knob Stainless Steel Weight / Tri-mode Non-Flex Cut Hotswap RGB PCB
No idea what flex cut is but guessing its better than non but the matching pad was not available with the cuts. :cry:

I'm confused, did i buy a fully assembled keyboard and numpad or a kit to build them and still need switches and other stuff now? :rolleyes:

Associate
There is a hole rabbit hole of custom keyboards on YT, flex cut circuit boards are for a softer bouncier feel, depending on how the pcb is mounted will also offer some flex as well. Other UK sites sell custom keyboards but not sure I can link to those as they may be deemed as competition.

Associate

Have the following on the way, so a little over budget already with the shipping before i get hit with any import tax but hoping stops me ever wanting to upgrade.
  • Zoom75 Essential Edition - Lilac / PVD Mirror Prism Brass Knob Stainless Steel Weight / Tri-mode Flex Cut Hotswap RGB PCB
  • ZoomPad Essential Edition - Lilac / PVD Mirror Prism Brass Knob Stainless Steel Weight / Tri-mode Non-Flex Cut Hotswap RGB PCB
No idea what flex cut is but guessing its better than non but the matching pad was not available with the cuts. :cry:

I'm confused, did i buy a fully assembled keyboard and numpad or a kit to build them and still need switches and other stuff now? :rolleyes:
I think you will need caps and switches to complete the build... possibly lube as well...

Soldato
I think you will need caps and switches to complete the build... possibly lube as well...

Ok so i actually fell down the custom keyboard world without intending to :cry:

KTktpP4.png

Have ordered a bunch of WS Switch Morandi switches and SHOKO keycap set from the USA.

Hopefully they match alright.

Last edited:
Soldato
While I'm waiting for delivery is it worth getting lube for the particular switches above or upgrading the stabilisers etc?

Rather do everything in one go rather than regret not doing it down the road and having to take it apart again.

Associate
While I'm waiting for delivery is it worth getting lube for the particular switches above or upgrading the stabilisers etc?

Rather do everything in one go rather than regret not doing it down the road and having to take it apart again.
Removing the switches is a tiny job compared to lubing them!

Honestly put a few switches in the board with keycaps and press them off-centre. If they feel harsh or scratchy, try lubing one or two and see if it improves things enough to make it worth doing them all.

Associate

Where did you get it from if I dont mind asking you ?

Soldato
Removing the switches is a tiny job compared to lubing them!

Honestly put a few switches in the board with keycaps and press them off-centre. If they feel harsh or scratchy, try lubing one or two and see if it improves things enough to make it worth doing them all.

Bag lube everything :cry: the lazy mans way.

Soldato
Where did you get it from if I dont mind asking you ?

Direct from the manufactures own site though maybe out of stock now.

WS Morandi's are factory lubed

Yea, think its probably fine as as you say from the stuff im seeing online. Just got a call from DHL saying ive got to pay £40 import tax which even though I was expecting, I'm now around £200 over budget... :(

Last edited:
Associate
Direct from the manufactures own site though maybe out of stock now.

Yea, think its probably fine as as you say from the stuff im seeing online. Just got a call from DHL saying ive got to pay £40 import tax which even though I was expecting, I'm now around £200 over budget... :(
Quick delivery though!

I think there is only the pink version left now.... I am hoping they do another run!

Soldato
Custom keyboards are an extremely expensive hobby lol, I'm sitting with a couple of Tofu Redux cases one with Dz60 pcb and a wooting pcb, got the new Boog75 he which is very nice apart from the browser Web settings page,

Associate
Custom keyboards are an extremely expensive hobby lol, I'm sitting with a couple of Tofu Redux cases one with Dz60 pcb and a wooting pcb, got the new Boog75 he which is very nice apart from the browser Web settings page,

Yup gets expensive pretty quickly, I was tempted by the Boog75 just for the HE but other more pressing expenses deflected me from purchasing another keeb :D

Associate
Just lubed a bunch of Alpacas to go in a JRIS75.

Have some Gat Pro 3.0 Yellow to do for the Envoy that arrived (although waiting on the caps).

Same for Black Lotus to go in the Cycle7 when that eventually arrives.

Same for Banana Splits going in a Neo80.

I swear, I'll get some pictures one day...

Last edited:
Soldato
So it all arrived yesterday (apologies for poor quality pics).

e528bD5.jpeg

And got to work putting it all together, had a bit of confusion by putting the stabilizers on before the thin foam that sits between them and the PCB though that was soon rectified. Not so sure on the colour scheme but its seems quite difficult to just buy what you want when you want with these boards.

metmd3b.jpeg

I have a box of unused WS Morandi switches i may stick up for sale either together or split incase people want to try them if haven't already.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have now updated my V3 with some switches and keycaps. Found some bargains on Ali Express to try so am now sporting Holy Panda Clones and Hyper Fuse SA Profile Clones. Really liking it and have confirmed to myself I prefer Tactile to Linear.

qyNodQnl.jpg
One month update. I am extremely pleased with the sets of clones I got off AliExpress. Total cost for the switches and keycaps was about £35 (I used my two emails for two accounts to get welcome offers on both). Took me no time to get used to the SA profile over the Cherry profile. Just a shame my individual cool keycaps (Deadpool and Gameboy) are cherry profile, but they are on keys I dont use. Just need to get a third to replace the yellow one I currently have up there (wanted another cherry profile up there so it looked less weird than having one higher one)

Back
Top Bottom