Well this looks awesome!.. Asus Eee Transformer Tablet

Soldato
Mine is waiting for me at home, but my housemate got one too and we noticed that on the videos there seemed to be a separate section on the market for tablet apps... Does anyone have this as he doesn't seem to... Are we waiting on an update?

Soldato
Mine is waiting for me at home, but my housemate got one too and we noticed that on the videos there seemed to be a separate section on the market for tablet apps... Does anyone have this as he doesn't seem to... Are we waiting on an update?

Just had a look and I cant see a separate section but that may be because I am being a blind git

Associate
says there is no updates :(

Android version 3.0.1
kernel 2.6.36.3-00002-gb01c1c6
Build HRI66.ww_epad-8.2.2.6.1-20110325

So update was the 25th of April.

Whats yours?

Soldato
Love the screenshot option, no root needed

554256389.png

Associate
Thanks Myshra will give that a go tonight.

Also the 3G variant is meant to arrive in a couple of months. Damn because i'm going to want that :( Only downside to it currently is no 3g

Soldato
I just tethered mine to my iphone which works pretty well, can't really think of a time when i'll have the tablet and not my phone so shouldnt be an issue for me.

I do agree however about the slow laggy keyboard. Its about the only thing so far thats making me dislike it.

Soldato
It highly depends on the type usually - if it's a swype type kb then it will have a slight delay to make sure it's not seeing an error as you swipe (some phones make small errors as you swipe which makes it look like you lifted your finger off the screen for a tiny moment due to earthing) but if it's a discrete touch to type kb then it should be as fast as any other. I can type at the same speed on a ipad and the transformer using the gingerbread keyboard, I find the asus layout horrible though and deeply offputting.

I mean seriously, aligned keys in 2 rows? no, just no. It's not natural.

Soldato
Production being limited to 10,000 per month so you might have to wait for yours:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/03/supply-chain-issues-limit-asus-eee-pad-transformer-production-t/

This really sucks that they're only going to be able to make 10k a month, that's going to make the demand really high for at least the next 6 months. I was looking to get one around July, although they're "supposedly" going to ramp up production around June I still feel as if it will be a struggle to get one.

Associate
I received a replacement for my first tablet that had light bleed.

Trouble is, although overall there is less, there is now one huge area on the bottom right with bleed. Additionally there are 14+ stuck pixels. Oh well.

Tis being replaced on Saturday. Hopefully this one will be acceptable as I love the device!

Back
Top Bottom