Well this looks awesome!.. Asus Eee Transformer Tablet

Soldato
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Eee-P...lease-Date-Price,news-35258.html#xtor=RSS-141

Asus-Eee-Pad-Transformer,8-I-286722-13.jpg

March 30th UK release

Revealed on Friday, the Transformer is a Honeycomb tablet with an optional docking station keyboard. Specswise you’re looking at a 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, a front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera, a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera, a 10.1-inch Gorilla glass multitouch screen (1280x800), a combined battery life of 16 hours (9.5 hours without the dock), built-in SRS Sound technology for dynamic 3D stereo audio, and a mini HDMI output port. Additional features include 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, a G-sensor, light sensor, gyroscope, e-compass and GPS. The docking station provides a full QWERTY keyboard, unique Android Function keys, an SD card reader, two USB ports and the additional battery.

How cool is that? :D

Update: Full review http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...ablets/asus-eee-pad-transformer-954145/review

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
One word, price?

EDIT - Does sound good on paper.

"Pricing is not known at the moment. Rumours from across the pond suggest customer in the U.S. will have to shell out $500 for the tablet on its own, and an additional $100 for the keyboard. I guess we’ll know soon enough, if the reports of a March 30 UK launch are true."

Man of Honour
The other important bits:

Size: 10.6 x 6.9 x 0.51
Weight: 1.49 pounds

Further details in terms of Android 3.0 include that it will be sporting the Asus Waveshare user interface, which is described as being a launcher that “allows users to easily launch software, manage content and access online services and connect devices with a few simple taps, while ASUS’ Waveshare Interface hosts a variety of unique applications such as MyNet, MyLibrary, MyCloud and more.” And for those wondering, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer will arrive with support for Adobe Flash Player 10.2

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/03/25...-but-we-are-still-left-wondering-the-pricing/

So that's 676 grams and 269 x 175 x 14.9mm. So a little on the thick and heavy side.

Soldato
shinyshiny.tv/2011/03/first_impressions_asus_eee_pad_transformer_review.html

techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/hands-on-asus-eee-pad-transformer-review-93298

So far it is looking really impressive. Much better option than the Xoom and Galaxy Tab at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Asus Transformer has 2 SD Card slots... do you reckon we'll be able to use both at the same time? I'm thinking £35 for 32GB sd card and £15 for 16GB micro sd. That makes 64GB/80GB total depending on which model you choose.

I'm very interested in this tablet...main strength for me are:

* Battery Life
* Good Quality Screen
* Price
* The Look and Design
* Hardware Keyboard
* Imminent release date

Back
Top Bottom