• Out

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • jonneymendoza

Votes: 24 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That was a blooming disgraceful PEFORMANCE!!!

I AM SICK OF WENGER AND THIS CLUB!!!

How the hell is it possible to perfom like that for a CUP FINAL!

UTTER TRASH!!

I WANT WENGER GONE AND ALL THE PLAYERS TOO!!!!

none of them deserve to be part of Arsenal FC. the WHOLE LOT needs to get THROWN out the door tomorrow morning.

DISGRACEFUL AND ASHAMED to be an arsenal supporter.

IVE HAD IT!!!

The League Cup final thread was being taken over by discussion on Wenger's future again so I've created this thread. It's only a temporary thread to discuss Wenger's future only and will be closed when this blows over again - BaZ87

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
That was a blooming disgraceful PEFORMANCE!!!

I AM SICK OF WENGER AND THIS CLUB!!!

How the hell is it possible to perfom like that for a CUP FINAL!

UTTER TRASH!!

I WANT WENGER GONE AND ALL THE PLAYERS TOO!!!!

none of them deserve to be part of Arsenal FC. the WHOLE LOT needs to get THROWN out the door tomorrow morning.

DISGRACEFUL AND ASHAMED to be an arsenal supporter.

IVE HAD IT!!!

Funnily enough, you said the same thing last year before the FA cup final, they then smashed Chelsea off the park. You're like a broken record..

Soldato
did i?

After the FA CUP i wanted him gone. i have wanted wenger gone for a VERY LONG TIME!! WHAT THE HELL!

SICK OF THIS

AND YOU WONDER WHY I SAID NO WHEN I GOT OFFERED A SEASON TICKET FOR ARSENAL.

Jonney. What gives you the right to suddenly turn up on the day of a final and bask in the glory of the team that you stab in the back every week?

Soldato
I'm sad that I still paid my Arsenal membership fee for me and my boys for this year. Gary Neville was having a field day today in commentary. Not really commentary though, more of a general moan. Can't blame him. The pundits love to have a pop at Arsenal. Literally love it. On a day like today, of course you can't blame any one of them for laying into them, but there is a tendency to hate on Arsenal more than any other PL team by pundits from MOTD, Sky, BT....generally anywhere on TV.

Spurs are a team who like Arsenal have always been up there in recent years but never won the league and yet they are praised for their lack of silverware and given a general pat on the back for trying. The picking on Arsenal I think is more frustration that one of the "big 4" have dropped to barely inside the "big 6" now at times. People genuinely want to see more exciting football and another team who can compete with the top sides. Same with hating on Man United due to the "Jose way" being boring.
Due to Arsenal's history of silverware, it's expected even to this day that we'll continue to win, win, win. Well those days are gone. They've been gone for over a decade. We can't compete for anything in this state. We scored the least goals ever to get to the league cup final. FA cups wins have been fantastic but with Arsenal they very much define the saying "Depends which team turn up today". Arsenal unfortunately seem to be turning up more often than not with a bunch of ...there is no name really. Schoolboys at least want to win.

I think Arsenal are lost. They've bought in players that simply do not operate as a team...in a team sport. There is no leadership. No team spirit.

I care for only the below players being kept right now.

Wilshere
Monreal
Koscielny
Cech
Kolasinac
Niles

Sad times really. Wenger needs to go. Should have left on a high after one of the FA cup wins. It's only ever going to be a depressing exit now. He's done so much and formed the 21st century Arsenal. But it's time for new blood.

Insanity: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Soldato
Personally I think there is something going on behind the scenes again. Something we are not privy too.

Just like when the whole Sanchez thing was rumbling on, the team was putting in performances like today.

Something else is starting to brew.

Associate
Personally I think there is something going on behind the scenes again. Something we are not privy too.

Just like when the whole Sanchez thing was rumbling on, the team was putting in performances like today.

Something else is starting to brew.
like what though? Teams annoyed at Ozil getting 350K a week and deciding he doesn't want to play some weeks and pulling a sicky?? surprised he's getting off again. shocking in big games.

Soldato
like what though? Teams annoyed at Ozil getting 350K a week and deciding he doesn't want to play some weeks and pulling a sicky?? surprised he's getting off again. shocking in big games.

Maybe the players want Wenger gone? Or some of them?

There seems to be two 'plans' happening at Arsenal at the moment. Wenger vs Gazidis.

Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi are appointed by Gazidis.

Aubamayang and Mkhitaryan are ex Dortmund players.

No coincidence.

---

Also the performance against Ostersunds was another marker in my eyes of something not right at the club.

Last edited:
Soldato

The money I would hope is irrelevant. Why should anyone on any pay be running at 30% speed to retrieve the ball in most games, let alone a cup final.

There was no confidence today to pass the ball into the Arsenal midfield. It was just defenders hoofing it forward in panic stations. An embarrassment all round.

Associate

There seems to be two 'plans' happening at Arsenal at the moment. Wenger vs Gazidis.

Aubamayang and Mkhitaryan are ex Dortmund players. No coincidence.
well yeah, ex Dortmund staff in charge of finding players likes his old Dortmund players. His appointment is all part of the phasing Wenger out plan because as it was Wenger was in charge of everything and the club literally couldn't just cut ties with him. Do the players want him gone? probably some but half of them owe their careers and huge wealth due to him. Lets be honest most the arsenal squad wont cut it at a high level and are pretty lucky to earn what they do. It's not like Wenger will come out and criticise them or punish them etc, he's incredibly soft. Life at Arsenal has to be pretty good as a player. Just not for ambitious players. I think there's just too much competition in the premier league now for wengers approach to work, just not cut throat enough. They should have made the change years ago when it was only the Big 4. Now with it being a "6" it's going to be a tough rebuild.

Soldato
Or...perhaps lads, it's because City have spent over £350 million in the last 3 seasons, Arsenal have spent £85 million in the last 3 season. Arsenal have made £13 million this season from transfers,made, not spent...

City were just the better side today, that sometimes happens when you have better players.. :o

Kroenke is playing you fans like fiddle, and you're falling for it, hook, line & sinker.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Spurs are a team who like Arsenal have always been up there in recent years but never won the league and yet they are praised for their lack of silverware and given a general pat on the back for trying. The picking on Arsenal I think is more frustration that one of the "big 4" have dropped to barely inside the "big 6" now at times. People genuinely want to see more exciting football and another team who can compete with the top sides. Same with hating on Man United due to the "Jose way" being boring.
Due to Arsenal's history of silverware, it's expected even to this day that we'll continue to win, win, win. Well those days are gone. They've been gone for over a decade. We can't compete for anything in this state.

They don't love to have a pop, you cracked it at the end as to why they are viewed differently. The only thing stopping Arsenal competing is Wenger. In recent seasons we've had a ~200mil wage bill while Spurs have spent ~110mil. Over the past decade the gap has been relatively similar in terms of percentage, when we had a 150mil wage bill they were spending 85mil or whatever. Arsenal spend miles beyond Spurs and yet are improving and competing with the teams above us while we are spending more and struggling badly.

Arsenal were part of a top two, Wenger had the tactics, the players, the training and the mentality to win, it's all completely gone out of the window.

It doesn't matter what Spurs did or didn't win 10 years ago, Poch is the current manager, since he's been the manager they've taken fairly large steps forward, playing better football, buying a bit iffy, but improving the players, improving the offence, defence, midfield and improving the team in europe and in mental strength over time.

Arsenal started as a much stronger team and have only moved backwards.

Arsenal are a team that most people praise undeservedly for their great attacking football over the years. We've played fairly toothless football that is boring for long spells for years. The Arsenal back in the early Wenger years was amazing to watch, the slower more possession Arsenal is far far less entertaining but people have talked for donkeys years about how they play the 'best' football. Pundits lay into them when they produce performances like these, nothing more or less. The problem is with Arsenal they produce this level of ineptitude extremely frequently.

Soldato
Or...perhaps lads, it's because City have spent over £350 million in the last 3 seasons, Arsenal have spent £85 million in the last 3 season. Arsenal have made £13 million this season from transfers,made, not spent...

City were just the better side today, that sometimes happens when you have better players.. :o

Kroenke is playing you fans like fiddle, and you're falling for it, hook, line & sinker.

Of course they were, Man City were almost certain to win, being how good they are, the issue is the Arsenal players lacked fight for a cup final, Gary Neville summed it up well.
I personally think something is going on behind the scenes, maybe a lot of the players know they are leaving at the end of the season as well as coaching positions.

Don

Aubamayang and Mkhitaryan are ex Dortmund players.

No coincidence.

---

Also the performance against Ostersunds was another marker in my eyes of something not right at the club.

I think you're looking into thing a bit too much. There's no conspiracies, the players just aren't very good. Break down Arsenal's side and compare it to the 5 sides above them:
  • Cech was well past his best before you even signed him and has gradually been getting worse. He'd probably just about get into Liverpool's side but would only be a minor improvement.
  • Every part of your defence is terrible and I can't see a single one of them getting a game at any of the other 5 sides. Koscielny is the most overrated CB I've ever seen and the rest of your defenders are plain ****.
  • Midfield is pretty much the same as your defence. Wilshere's done alright lately but a bit like Koscielny, he's being hyped up to be a lot better than he actually is seemingly because he shouts a bit more than the rest of your side. Xhaka's proven to be a massive let down and Ramsey's still living off a few goals he scored 4 years ago. Ramsey actually annoys me - he's dog**** and lazy but thinks he's a lot better than he is and often one of the first players to throw his arms up in disbelief when you concede a stupid goal despite the fact he's just been standing there watching rather than tracking back. Like your defence I'm struggling to see where any one of your midfield gets a game at one of the other 5 sides.
  • You've got some talented players in attack at least, unfortunately they're fair-weather players that go missing when things get tough.
None of the above is a defence of Wenger of course - he put the side together and not only has signed poor players, he's failed to build them into any sort of cohesive side.

Just a quick point on your appointment of a couple of scouts from Dortmund. It never ceases to amaze me how a club signs a scout on the back of them discovering unknown/unproven players and when they go to their new club they just recommend signing those very same players. I'm pretty sure Arsenal didn't need either scout to decide whether they wanted either Aubamayang or Mkhitaryan.

Soldato
I think you're looking into thing a bit too much. There's no conspiracies, the players just aren't very good. Break down Arsenal's side and compare it to the 5 sides above them:
  • Cech was well past his best before you even signed him and has gradually been getting worse. He'd probably just about get into Liverpool's side but would only be a minor improvement.
  • Every part of your defence is terrible and I can't see a single one of them getting a game at any of the other 5 sides. Koscielny is the most overrated CB I've ever seen and the rest of your defenders are plain ****.
  • Midfield is pretty much the same as your defence. Wilshere's done alright lately but a bit like Koscielny, he's being hyped up to be a lot better than he actually is seemingly because he shouts a bit more than the rest of your side. Xhaka's proven to be a massive let down and Ramsey's still living off a few goals he scored 4 years ago. Ramsey actually annoys me - he's dog**** and lazy but thinks he's a lot better than he is and often one of the first players to throw his arms up in disbelief when you concede a stupid goal despite the fact he's just been standing there watching rather than tracking back. Like your defence I'm struggling to see where any one of your midfield gets a game at one of the other 5 sides.
  • You've got some talented players in attack at least, unfortunately they're fair-weather players that go missing when things get tough.
None of the above is a defence of Wenger of course - he put the side together and not only has signed poor players, he's failed to build them into any sort of cohesive side.

Just a quick point on your appointment of a couple of scouts from Dortmund. It never ceases to amaze me how a club signs a scout on the back of them discovering unknown/unproven players and when they go to their new club they just recommend signing those very same players. I'm pretty sure Arsenal didn't need either scout to decide whether they wanted either Aubamayang or Mkhitaryan.

The same group of players have on occasion turned up tho and put a shift in. It's in them and I think a different manager could get them to perform differently.

Usually when a team performs as they did there is some underling issue at the club. We've seen it before at Arsenal when the Sanchez thing was rumbling on.

But yes Wenger is to blame. He puts the team together, sets the tactics and is not ruthless enough with players who constantly underperform.

A Mourinho would have sold/dropped half the team ages ago.

It's boring to hear his post match conferences and the amount of delusion the man has about the team.

Yes City have spent silly amounts of money since Pep took over but the opposition can still have some fight about them. Teams in the relegation zone fight more than Arsenal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Funny how putting an even more expensive striker up front makes no difference when you play exactly the same sort of pedestrian football. Aub will end up like Lacazette, completely demoralised because we won't get the ball to him in the box and won't dink balls over the top for him to run onto. Then when the occasional half chance comes round it will be missed. I'm pretty confident we are playing worse than the sum of our parts and if we get a new manager who actually trains tactics and defensive drills (yes believe it or not Wenger does not do this based on reports from various ex players) we can certainly start playing more entertaining football and stop conceding so many goals. We won't win the league with this squad but it should be strongly challenging the top 4 spots. Add in a proper defensive midfielder and things wouldn't look anywhere near as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom