Went outside for an extended period yesterday.

Associate
I was grossly overweight for many years and had reached 22 stone and would be in extreme pain after 2 minutes of just standing. Last summer I was encouraged very subtlety by a good friend to lose some weight, in 9 months I was able to shed 7 stone and the backache slowly disappeared with the weight loss. For about 15 years I was a prisoner in my second floor one-bedroom flat and would rarely venture out unless necessary, my computer was pretty much my life.

From an early age, I was absolutely mad about fishing and would go at every opportunity, this continued until my late 30s when the weight gain started. About a week ago, I was thinking of upgrading my 10980XE/ RTX3090 based system and had saved up about £600, it turned out that I would need to spend about £1000 to make the upgrade worthwhile. So rather than save up more, I did the sensible thing of blowing the lot on some very nice sea fishing rods and reels. I got an extremely good deal on a new spinning rod and paid £100 for what normally retails at £280, I also grabbed another nice rod and a couple of Gucci reels.

My friend and I went down to Weymouth yesterday, it was chucking it down, but that wasn't going to stop me. My friend pretty much gave up after about 20 minutes, but I carried on for 3 hours using an artificial lure, I didn't see it but lost one fish, not of any real size it got the blood pumping for a few seconds.

By the end of the session, between my shoulder blades was killing me, it was fantastic and thoroughly enjoyed myself, can't wait to go again.

Soldato
Nice one, keep it upn :cool: I haven't fixed since I was a kid. My grandmother took me fishing and the image of her beating the fish to death with her walking stick has scarred me :p

Associate
An excellent choice. I often hold back on buying items that could keep me in the house more especially since I WFH a lot these days

Great work on the weight loss and keep at it

Caporegime
My girlfriend

la-noire-press-x-to-doubt.jpg

Soldato
I was grossly overweight for many years and had reached 22 stone and would be in extreme pain after 2 minutes of just standing. Last summer I was encouraged very subtlety by a good friend to lose some weight, in 9 months I was able to shed 7 stone and the backache slowly disappeared with the weight loss. For about 15 years I was a prisoner in my second floor one-bedroom flat and would rarely venture out unless necessary, my computer was pretty much my life.

Well Done

I got 2 weeks off work starting next week and am going use that time to try giving up smoking and my about 40 cans per week redbull drinking

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom