US: Westworld

Associate
Nothing quite like watching a Westworld episode and seeing people spend the next week trying to work out what everything means.

Good start back and it makes you wonder if they know Bernard is a host.
As I said in my spoiler, I'm pretty sure they know he's a host when he wakes up on the beach

Soldato
Nothing quite like watching a Westworld episode and seeing people spend the next week trying to work out what everything means.

Good start back and it makes you wonder if they know Bernard is a host.
Did anyone watch the west:word program? that helped decode/confirm some of the plots and suspicions ,i totally enjoyed the first episode of s2 and look forward to it unfolding :)

Caporegime
Pretty good, although the Meave bits annoyed me and seemed awkward. I think mainly because the guy that plays the plot writer is a dreadful actor.

Also is it just me, or do both Ed Harris and Evan Rachel Wood seem quite a bit thinner than they were in the last season?

Associate
Why did Bernard need the injection?

He banged his head in the Barn. Some of that clear fluid was leaking from his ear afterwards. A clear reminder that the Hosts need constant care and maintenance. Also a sign that Bernard is aware at this point what he is.

The conversation between Dolores and Bernard at the beginning was a nice turn around. All the times they've spoken in the past had Arnold/Bernard trying to help Dolores down the path of self consciousness. Clearly in this scene the roles were reversed.

Associate
Why did Bernard need the injection?
When he shot himself in S01 = "“The bullet grazed his cortical shield. It’s not pretty, but, he should be functional.” IIRC this is why he was leaking head fluid from the scene in the barn. We can see the fluid surrounds the "CPU" in his head and so I assume they become unstable as it drains / overheats? So he took the juice from the guy on the table to replace the fluid he'd lost, which temporarily stabilises him

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Also is it just me, or do both Ed Harris and Evan Rachel Wood seem quite a bit thinner than they were in the last season?
Don't know about thinner, but she's looking different, I'd say more mature, both in terms of shape of her face and her complexion. They tried to mask it in those "front interview" shots by reusing last year's shots of her smiling, but it only made it more visible. It will be an ongoing "Lost's Walt" issue for a series that feature "frozen in time" immortal synthetics but takes 2 years between production cycles (in fact, closer to 4 years from pilot to S02E01 - pilot was cast in June 2014). It's quite a challenge for actors to look identical, can't stop "little Robert" kid from growing and so on and we've just seen "last year on Westworld" intro just to underline those differences even more...

Soldato
I really want to like this series, but I just find it very boring. Watched the first series and thought it got better towards the end but then watched the new episode and nearly fell asleep. :(
The trailers always make it seem more exciting than the actual episodes themselves turn out to be.

Think I'll just try to continue watching for my Rachel Evan Wood fix... :D

Associate
I really want to like this series, but I just find it very boring. Watched the first series and thought it got better towards the end but then watched the new episode and nearly fell asleep. :(
The trailers always make it seem more exciting than the actual episodes themselves turn out to be.

Think I'll just try to continue watching for my Rachel Evan Wood fix... :D
I don’t mean this as a personal dig, but IMO Westworld is a show that you kinda have to commit to. By that I mean if you watch it “normally” and just wait for key plot points to happen (e.g. the latest GoT seasons) then I can see why it might get boring. I was guilty of this at the start of season 1, but once I realised that it was much more intricate, I really started to enjoy it. I like that Westworld has so many details/clues and rewards those who really pay attention. But of course just enjoy Rachel Evan Wood :D

Soldato
I don’t mean this as a personal dig, but IMO Westworld is a show that you kinda have to commit to. By that I mean if you watch it “normally” and just wait for key plot points to happen (e.g. the latest GoT seasons) then I can see why it might get boring. I was guilty of this at the start of season 1, but once I realised that it was much more intricate, I really started to enjoy it. I like that Westworld has so many details/clues and rewards those who really pay attention. But of course just enjoy Rachel Evan Wood :D
I’ve watched a silly amount of TV shows over the years without the need for “oh my god” moments etc constantly matey, this one just doesn’t grab me despite the interesting premise sadly!

Associate
The Weapon:

I see people speculating what this might be, and i can't understand why nobody is talking about the obvious. They were looking right at it. It's the enormous digging machine. We know the parks are contained on an island. We know that there is a Grand Canyon like gorge in Westworld and that it probably acts as a boundary between parks. How do you drain a river so that you can cross the boundary? Perhaps with a great digging machine? How does a lake appear in Westworld where there was none before? Same answer.

Back
Top Bottom